Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 24 of 27
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#576 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by msYashira
Okay I deleted all of the previous files I had, and downloaded the files in that post, and got a new LE, so I asked the Discord channel what it meant, and they told me this, I'll also upload the LE for you just in case.

[cjiang] Error while parsing tuning in Instance: 17743660868634025793 (icemunmun:Object_HolliandaseSauce), Types.OBJECT: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_model') -- shows up for hollandaise, garlic, tomato, honey lemon, mayonnaise, caramel, ranch, marinara, mustard and green chili sauces

Exception in Unknown timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'immediate') -- since this is in crafting_process the canning station seems likely

Ah thank you! I will look into it. What action triggered the exception ?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#577 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 7:08 PM
Okay I deleted all of the previous files I had, and downloaded the files in that post, and got a new LE, so I asked the Discord channel what it meant, and they told me this, I'll also upload the LE for you just in case.

[cjiang] Error while parsing tuning in Instance: 17743660868634025793 (icemunmun:Object_HolliandaseSauce), Types.OBJECT: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_model') -- shows up for hollandaise, garlic, tomato, honey lemon, mayonnaise, caramel, ranch, marinara, mustard and green chili sauces

Exception in Unknown timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'immediate') -- since this is in crafting_process the canning station seems likely

I have found an error, which i solved and uploaded the sauces file again. However I could not recreate the specific error mentioned in your LE :/

Can you try with the latest version +/- MCCC in a fresh test save ? Make sure to unpack the .rar files in the folder and include the black plate package
Test Subject
#578 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
I have found an error, which i solved and uploaded the sauces file again. However I could not recreate the specific error mentioned in your LE :/

Can you try with the latest version +/- MCCC in a fresh test save ? Make sure to unpack the .rar files in the folder and include the black plate package

To answer your previous question, the LE pops up as soon as I start playing on a household, so I don't think it's triggered by any action on my part. I can definitely do a fresh test save, should I redownload from the same post you previously told me to download files from? And I'll make sure I have the black plate package too. Thanks so much, and I'm sorry about the trouble.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#579 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 8:14 PM
To answer your previous question, the LE pops up as soon as I start playing on a household, so I don't think it's triggered by any action on my part. I can definitely do a fresh test save, should I redownload from the same post you previously told me to download files from? And I'll make sure I have the black plate package too. Thanks so much, and I'm sorry about the trouble.

Ah! That seems like an issue with missing black plate. If you are using a fresh save, can you have ONLY the canning files +/- MCCC in your mods folder ? Thanks for testing
Test Subject
#580 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 8:57 PM Last edited by msYashira : 10th Jan 2020 at 10:36 PM. Reason: tested game with mod, and added the LE file
Ah! That seems like an issue with missing black plate. If you are using a fresh save, can you have ONLY the canning files +/- MCCC in your mods folder ? Thanks for testing

Sure, I will test it, and let you know asap Edit: Okay I moved my Mods folder, and redownloaded the files, and put in the Mods folder only those files, and MCCC and I got an LE which I will attach, and while I can see the shelves, cans, and stove. I can set them up, but the sim can't interact with the canning station at all.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (94.1 KB, 3 downloads)
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#581 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 1:30 PM
Sure, I will test it, and let you know asap Edit: Okay I moved my Mods folder, and redownloaded the files, and put in the Mods folder only those files, and MCCC and I got an LE which I will attach, and while I can see the shelves, cans, and stove. I can set them up, but the sim can't interact with the canning station at all.

I asked over at the MCCC discord for testing help but this issue could not be re created There is definitely something wonky going on! Do none of the interactions come up ? I will keep an eye out for this
Test Subject
#582 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 7:22 PM
I asked over at the MCCC discord for testing help but this issue could not be re created There is definitely something wonky going on! Do none of the interactions come up ? I will keep an eye out for this

oh dear, maybe it's me. The menus come up, but when you click on any of them, nothing else happens. Like I don't get any submenus to pick a food or anything. Should I maybe take some screenshots of what comes up when I click on them?
Test Subject
#583 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 2:40 AM
Default mew
Can you give me the full report from the better exceptions mod....will help me better to analyse.
Also try the files in the link in this post - http://modthesims.info/download.php...015#post5602015 (WIP VERSION OF THE NEWEST UPDATE)

So I went over like 3 weeks of messages in MCC Discord and I found the BE for you Has to put it in a zip to upload it
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BE-ExceptionReport2.zip (10.4 KB, 2 downloads)
Test Subject
#584 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:11 AM
Default Crafting without ingredients
Im not getting the option to make the jam without having the ingredients. I recently redownloaded this mod. Did something change? I definitely remember being able to pay for the ingredients rather than having to have the harvestables. I definitely have all the right files I triple checked.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#585 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:13 AM
oh dear, maybe it's me. The menus come up, but when you click on any of them, nothing else happens. Like I don't get any submenus to pick a food or anything. Should I maybe take some screenshots of what comes up when I click on them?

A screenshot will be helpful!

Quote: Originally posted by FallenAJacobs
So I went over like 3 weeks of messages in MCC Discord and I found the BE for you Has to put it in a zip to upload it

Thank you!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#586 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cealalorne
Im not getting the option to make the jam without having the ingredients. I recently redownloaded this mod. Did something change? I definitely remember being able to pay for the ingredients rather than having to have the harvestables. I definitely have all the right files I triple checked.

Make sure you are using the 'Ingredient optional' Version! Also, you can download the version from the folder I linked a few posts back!
Test Subject
#587 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 5:24 PM
Default Spanish Translation
Hi, icemunmun
Again here with the Spanish translation, updated (and I hope this time it works)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Canning SPANISH.rar (6.3 KB, 101 downloads)

"Primum vivere, deinde philosophare"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#588 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 8:52 AM
I promise I have looked thorugh any info I was able to find, but I can't for the life of me figure out which files I need. You keep saying to read all the instructions but where are they? Sorry, probably being an idiot, I do realise.

I have the simfileshare link you posted (https://simfileshare.net/folder/60124/), have all your harvestables, as well as all the expansion packs and updates. I'd like the ingredients to be cumpolsory.

Thanks so much x
Instructor
THANKS POST
#589 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 4:08 PM
Merci, paxalsta, gracie, danke, thanxxxx, बहुत धन्यवाद्, I am so happy!!! :D
Test Subject
#590 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 5:54 AM
I love this!! Would you ever consider including flower jams, such as a rose jam? (Or other flowers... provided they are edible, I suppose...though poison jams might also be interesting.... >:-) )
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#591 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alawen
Hi, icemunmun
Again here with the Spanish translation, updated (and I hope this time it works)

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by flore_rainbows
I promise I have looked thorugh any info I was able to find, but I can't for the life of me figure out which files I need. You keep saying to read all the instructions but where are they? Sorry, probably being an idiot, I do realise.

I have the simfileshare link you posted (https://simfileshare.net/folder/60124/), have all your harvestables, as well as all the expansion packs and updates. I'd like the ingredients to be cumpolsory.

Thanks so much x

Hey...that link is just a provisional download. The official update will have the ingredients required version. I have some more stuff to do before I can update but it will be soon!

Quote: Originally posted by helene912
Merci, paxalsta, gracie, danke, thanxxxx, बहुत धन्यवाद्, I am so happy!!! :D

:lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by NervousFool
I love this!! Would you ever consider including flower jams, such as a rose jam? (Or other flowers... provided they are edible, I suppose...though poison jams might also be interesting.... >:-) )

Thats a really cool idea! Thanks
Test Subject
#592 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 3:26 PM
Default Bug ?
Hey,

It's a very interesting mod but it doesn't work. I don't understand why. My sims have the competence level 3 but when I click the canning station, the menus of crafting don't appear. Can anybody help me, please ? =)

Thank a lot !
Lab Assistant
#593 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anossorora
Hey,

It's a very interesting mod but it doesn't work. I don't understand why. My sims have the competence level 3 but when I click the canning station, the menus of crafting don't appear. Can anybody help me, please ? =)

Thank a lot !

Not a bug, outtdated. The constant changes made by EA make it hard to keep script mods up to date (and I'm struggeling to learn PyCharm because everytime I make some progress bam, code changed by EA, astonishingly witout ever making anything better but that's a different story).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#594 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 3:04 PM
Thankyou for this. It's working well. I hope we could sell this on retail store or Live In Store mod. But really, this is really amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#595 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:54 PM
Hey, so the canning station and every other file I've downloaded into the game is not showing up. I've tried deleting the sims 4 folder and rendering the mods (folder) but still nothing. Is there meant to be a script.file or something? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Wondered if you could help? Thank you
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#596 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRenault02
Hey, so the canning station and every other file I've downloaded into the game is not showing up. I've tried deleting the sims 4 folder and rendering the mods (folder) but still nothing. Is there meant to be a script.file or something? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Wondered if you could help? Thank you

Make sure that all your files are unpacked and are in .package or .ts4script format!
Test Subject
#597 Old 7th Mar 2020 at 2:54 PM
I have a problem with this mod as it does not work on my game.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#598 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crashdodgers
I have a problem with this mod as it does not work on my game.

Try the files in this link - https://simfileshare.net/folder/60124/
Field Researcher
#599 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 3:59 PM
Default Having an issue
Not sure if this is a "I screwed up" thing or an issue with an update.
p.s. I love this mod!

My sim starts the process, it consumes the produce, then she just stops and the pot sits there. When I click "resume", nothing happens. Guessing this just hasn't been updated (and super sad if that's the case) but just making sure it's not me.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#600 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Not sure if this is a "I screwed up" thing or an issue with an update.
p.s. I love this mod!

My sim starts the process, it consumes the produce, then she just stops and the pot sits there. When I click "resume", nothing happens. Guessing this just hasn't been updated (and super sad if that's the case) but just making sure it's not me.

Do you have any other stove in the house ( which may be inaccesible ) ? Can you try the files linked in the post above you. Its the most recent version I am working on.
Page 24 of 27