Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Correlated Skins *5 Year Creator Anniversary*

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Jul 2012 at 4:58 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2017 at 5:31 PM by Phaenoh

259 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 182 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 11
Instructor
THANKS POST
#201 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 12:01 PM
You provide a wonderful set AND a wonderful tutorial : what can we ask more ?
Thanks for sharing !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#202 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 4:21 PM
Are these skins only for male sims, or also for females?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairybug
Are these skins only for male sims, or also for females?
All ages, both genders.
Test Subject
#204 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:02 PM
I don't know why but it's not working for me. Could u help me?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#205 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timesofday
Could u help me?
How do you know it isn't working? And do you have any other default skins installed in your game? These won't work if you have other skin defaults.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 29th May 2016 at 10:20 PM
I love it! I've been looking for something like this for a long time, and as if that were not enough, you give us a template! You're great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:57 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I think it's awesome. I have many of your creations in my game.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:14 PM
This is just brilliant, exactly what I have been looking for for about 10 years, to stop the darkest tone skin being associated with red and blond hair!! And I've only just found it...

It has inspired me to make my own set.

While testing my new skin set, I found that Jordi's "MTS_jordi_418869_HideClothesXP3" hider prevented the skins from working properly. I have a large collection of hiders and have no problem with any of the others, including the rest of Jordi's. No idea what it is about that one. Just thought I'd let people know in case they are having a problem with this download or other correlated skins.

Again, just brilliant, well done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#209 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 11:12 PM
I like the idea of multiple skin hues to match hair properly, I look forward to seeing how they work
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 12th Mar 2017 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Default This is probably very stupid.
I know this hasn't had any replies to in years, and I'm not sure if it's against the rules to perform necromancy on it if so, I'm very sorry.
I recently got back into Sims 2 and decided to add CC this time around. Now, I am very basic with it and don't understand a lot. I really love your 5x4 sims graph and would love to implement those skin tones into my game. I feel like most of these have been answered, but I didn't understand while reading.
1. Does this add those 5x4 skin tones to my game? I adore them, they look lovely.
1a. Does it work on males and females?
1b. What do I download, of the 5 .rar packs, to get them?
2. What do I download for the infant templates?
2a. Does it add the skin tones or just the hair on the head?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#211 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 5:04 AM
Necromancy is bad on other threads, but never in downloads. Thank you for your interest in my personal set (the 5x4 graph), unfortunately, that set is not available for download (I've heavily edited those skins without seeking permission from their creators, it was never my intent to distribute them, only personal use). That image is just to show you what is possible.

Your best bet is to follow the links I included near the bottom to find your own perfect 5x4 graph, many creators have made these skins, and you need a full set, but it doesn't have to come from all the same place. If you happen to be missing any after you've picked and chosen, use my TextRef files until you have all 20 again.

To get not bald babies, download my buHair file. It does some file magic and adds 4 hair colors to the existing 4 maxis skin tones, genetically correct of course.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#212 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 12:09 PM
Thank you for the reply!! I did have one set that I liked very much, so I'll go with that one. Thank you for creating such a wonderful thing, now I can have all kinds of sim diversity!
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 1:19 PM
Phae, did you ever get around to making a SexySims thread for these? I can't seem to find it, and I'd just love to get those "overlays with a more natural look" you mentioned.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#214 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:37 PM
No, sorry, I did not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#215 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
OK, if I want to use the files from the correlated chart and body hair, do I keep your body hair files AND the files from the chart? Or am I allowed to have only one or the other?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#216 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 4:18 PM
Not sure what you mean by the 'chart'. The image with all the faces is just an example, and not available to download.

The table with the links all are complete skins that may or may not have body hair depending on what the creator did. My versions are the maxis skins with body hair, so you'll have to choose between my versions and other creators versions for each skin/hair combo.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 5th Aug 2017 at 11:41 PM.
What happens if a sim has CC genetics?
I made a sim in CAS and forgot to switch from her CC hair to a regular coloured one, so now she passes that hair on to her children...
Is there any specific skin tone that gets used?
------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I added the pack anyway, and, well... Yikes.
Her kids who inherited the hair looked fine, but she had one of the lightest body skin tones I've ever seen, but kept her original (S4) face colouring.
I removed the skins, but now that she's an elder, I'm adding them back <3
Test Subject
#218 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:03 PM
Hi! I really like your skins. However, I'm having a problem that I don't know how to solve: when I installed the skins the first time, I started the game and played it normally without issues initially. Then at some point for no apparent reason, when I went to change appearance of the female teens on the mirror, they all had completely white faces, with no textures whatsoever. From that point on, all the female teen sims had the same problem, that went away only after aging them up. Playing the game one year later, after reinstalling everything, I'm having the exact same issue again: at first no problems, now the female teens have white faces if I try to change their appearance on the mirror. I've tried checking with Sims2pack clean installer, and it says that many of your files are incomplete bodyshop projects. Since I'm far from an expert, are there any ways to solve the issue?
Thanks for the help, and for the great skins! ^^
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
What happens if a sim has CC genetics? I made a sim in CAS and forgot to switch from her CC hair to a regular coloured one, so now she passes that hair on to her children...

Sorry I hadn't replied sooner, the quickest fix would have been to edit that sim in SimPE to give her proper genetics. If you still have any of her decedents like that, it's better to go ahead and fix them in SimPE (and the ghosts too, otherwise if you ever remove that CC hair, you will break that ghost).

Quote: Originally posted by Dune
I started the game and played it normally without issues initially. Then at some point for no apparent reason, when I went to change appearance of the female teens on the mirror, they all had completely white faces, with no textures whatsoever. From that point on, all the female teen sims had the same problem, that went away only after aging them up.

The incomplete bodyshop files message is normal and expected so that's not it. I need a bit more info about your teens, do they have custom skins or hair or recessive genetics? Does this happen to brand new CAS teens, or just your 'real' ones? Is your game patched? I recall there being something weird about teen female faces in the patch notes but I don't know if that has anything to do with this. Does this happen when you have no other CC in your game except these skins? It is possible you have a CC conflict, that would explain why the problem randomly starts happening.
Test Subject
#220 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 8:59 PM Last edited by Dune : 16th Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM.
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! ^^
I'm not sure about the patch, I have the ultimate collection.
The first time the problem happened started on Angela Pleasant, this last time it started on Sharla Ottomas after she aged up to teen. After the problem shows up, it stays both on CAS and on any in game female teens, with all hair and skin colors.
As for custom files, I have Sleepy Tabby's default face templates, but I tried disabling them with Clean Installer and nothing changed.
I don't know if this is related, but I've also been noticing that various blond sims do not have normal textures on some hairstyles (having letters instead). This is actually the reason that I went to change the look of Sharla Ottomas, since she had this same problem (with one of the vanilla hairstyles), but while I also had this problem on other blond sims the first time, I did not have it with Angela Pleasant specifically, since she's red headed.
I do have lots of custom hairstyles, and some custom hair colors, but neither of them were on Sharla. After testing a little, I have verified that the hair problem happens on blond Male adults that have the 3rd skin tonality (counting from lighter to darker), on blond female teens of the 2nd skin tonality and on blond female children of the 2nd skin tonality
I've tried disabling the custom hair colors and meshes but nothing changed.
They only way both the hair and face problem get solved is when I disable your skins
retired moderator
Original Poster
#221 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a conflict. What do you mean disabling them with Clean Installer? What happens when you physically take the files out of your downloads folder? Please try again with no bodyshop CC in your game at all except my skins. If it works then, that means that something else is conflicting. Face default templates (do you mean the head shape, or the face texture?) could be it, and it's possible some of the CC hairs are incorrectly made and not playing well with my skins. You could also have hair defaults that are screwing with this, so please test again with ONLY my skins in your game. Move all the other files to your desktop or someplace else.
Test Subject
#222 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 1:04 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but I had a full week and needed some quiet time to test as instructed.Thesims2cleaninstaller gives you the option to disable some files by right clicking on them on the program's interface and selecting disable. It was my understanding that by disabling them the program temporarily makes them not accessible by the game. Anyway, just to be sure I tried to physicallly remove all hair, eyes and body related files from the downloads folder, but the problem still persists, even if the female teen faces are no longer white with a black square on the right eye, but grey, as if not colored (and the hair problem is still there too) .
The only files I left in are the behaviour and UI mods, furniture related files and clothes related files (meshes included).

Thanks again for the time you are devoting me! ^^
retired moderator
Original Poster
#223 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:30 AM
The only information I'm finding on face textures at the moment seems to be related to how good your computer is, but that makes no sense for why it's only the teen females having this problem. I swear I remember seeing something about the teen female face being bugged (maybe HP said it somewhere?) but I can't find it. I'll keep looking, you keep testing out different things, try turning your graphics up and down, remove more downloads (sometimes unrelated things have bad code accidentally included) etc.
Alchemist
#224 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 7:10 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 14th Nov 2017 at 7:11 AM. Reason: sp
Default Question re infant hair
I am trying to get my head around this system...I have a set of defaults/custom skins I like. Presumably I could make them into a correlated set, and I may well do that in the end. This is a fabulous idea!
But right now, what I came looking for was infant hair. Can I drop your infant files into the game and have them work with my current defaults? Or do I have to install a correlated skin set to use the infant hair?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#225 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:19 PM
As long as my infant hairs load after your regular defaults you should be able to use both. Also, hi! Haven't seen you in a while!
Page 9 of 11