Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
My first impression of the Sims 2, was amazing. I loved this game from the time I first began playing it (which, much like you, only happened in 2007)

I still love the Sims 1, but I do not think I will ever be able to even like TS3, at least not right away.

I don't think I'm going to actually play again until the price drops. Drastically. I didn't buy TS2 until it was $20.

lol, man I bought it in 2006 for around $30.. ..and it didn't come with 2 or 3 expansions like it does now. Bad timing on my part.

I loved TS2 immediately too. Ever since I heard it had a genetics system my little heart was on fire for it.

I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to TS1- the weird blocky shapes in old AKI wrestling games freak me out compared to the new THQ life like games so I can image playing TS1 would be like A Haunting for me.
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM
It's not to say that I plan on picking up TS1 again anytime soon. I gave the complete collection pack to my little sister, and she loves it.

I enjoy genetics, and toddlers, and apartments waaaay to much.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:42 AM
I don't understand saying that it's "unfair" to compare TS2 and TS3. They are both attempting to compete for my attention right now, not in 4 or 5 years when the content and EPs will be similar. Perhaps I'd have a different view if TS3 had been sold with the content and gameplay of Pets and Seasons. The first Sims 2 EPs were all on multiple CDs, so this could be on multiple DVDs. Then they could plan a "city" expansion pack, with things from NL, OFB and AL. But, instead there'll be another billion overpriced EPs. Buying everything for TS2 after I'd bought it for TS1 was a bit annoying, but at least I was upgrading to real 3D and genetics. Now I'd be buying real 3D - no change, some fancy lighting effects - upgrade, and rubbish genetics - serious downgrade.
Test Subject
#104 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mayakii
I love the whole seamless neighbourhood thing, but I like TS2 more because of all my CC and my expansion packs.

Does anyone else kind of miss TS2? I'm gonna play it tomorrow when I get to my mom's house. :/

Post why you like TS2 better here. ;D

I like them both about the same. Each has its own things to offer.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arinabean
I don't understand saying that it's "unfair" to compare TS2 and TS3. They are both attempting to compete for my attention right now, not in 4 or 5 years when the content and EPs will be similar. Perhaps I'd have a different view if TS3 had been sold with the content and gameplay of Pets and Seasons. The first Sims 2 EPs were all on multiple CDs, so this could be on multiple DVDs. Then they could plan a "city" expansion pack, with things from NL, OFB and AL. But, instead there'll be another billion overpriced EPs. Buying everything for TS2 after I'd bought it for TS1 was a bit annoying, but at least I was upgrading to real 3D and genetics. Now I'd be buying real 3D - no change, some fancy lighting effects - upgrade, and rubbish genetics - serious downgrade.

So true. I feel The Sims peaked with TS2.
Scholar
#106 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 2:34 AM
I don't think 'fair' has much to do with it. I believe people who love The Sims 2 for its overall look & feel are able to determine, without or without expansion packs, whether they like the look & feel of The Sims 3. They shouldn't have to wait five years for their opinion to be considered valid.

As it stands, it's hard for me to imagine an expansion pack that causes me to love TS3 as much as TS2. TS3 feels wooden and lifeless, and I feel like I'm forced to play a certain way. Unless they completely overhaul/replace a whole lot of core gameplay (the horrible relationship 'trees', the clunky nightmare that is changing the active family, the rabbitholes...I could go on), I don't know what an expansion pack is really going to do for me. Being able to take my wooden, unaffectionate, puddingface sims on vacation or buy them a dog isn't going to help that much.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:05 AM
Every night I am faced with a choice: Sims 2 or 3?
So far TS2 is winning 40:2.
The only times I have played TS3 are out of a sense of guilt that I paid $100 for it so I should at least give it a go...but then as soon as I'm confronted by those Neolithic, round-shouldered, moon-faced goons I'm hitting the eject button.
Scholar
#108 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:18 AM
I find many features in TS3 cumbersome when it comes to playing my neighborhood, but overall, I like the game...it completely depends on what kind of mood I'm in as to which game I like better...sometimes Sims 2, sometimes Sims 3, sometimes even Sims 1. HP has a thread about creating unique looking sims in Sims 3, so I've been playing with that a bit. But mostly at the moment I'm goofing around with Sims 1.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:22 AM
Don't worry all of the expansions of TS2, the TS3 will also have, believe me in just 2 yrs. there will be i think 4 expansions hahahaha
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I don't think 'fair' has much to do with it. I believe people who love The Sims 2 for its overall look & feel are able to determine, without or without expansion packs, whether they like the look & feel of The Sims 3. They shouldn't have to wait five years for their opinion to be considered valid.

As it stands, it's hard for me to imagine an expansion pack that causes me to love TS3 as much as TS2. TS3 feels wooden and lifeless, and I feel like I'm forced to play a certain way. Unless they completely overhaul/replace a whole lot of core gameplay (the horrible relationship 'trees', the clunky nightmare that is changing the active family, the rabbitholes...I could go on), I don't know what an expansion pack is really going to do for me. Being able to take my wooden, unaffectionate, puddingface sims on vacation or buy them a dog isn't going to help that much.

I agree completely. I have no idea why so many people are defending their game by saying, "In a year or so you'll take back what you said when the Expansion Packs fix the game's problems." The thing is I doubt they'll want to fix the issues, they'll just want to add things that they think will take consumer's minds off the core problems with the game.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:33 AM
Well... I have installed and then uninstalled Sims 3 about 3 times now. Every time I install it, I say to myself that I have to give it a try, because I have loved so much TS1 and TS2. But everytime I uninstall it, I think that it's never going to be so great game to me, that it's worth of taking so much space on my PC. I mean, come on! the basegame (TS3) ALONE is almost 6 Gb's! I don't even want to think about, how much space it would take with all expansions. I have everything except M&G installed for Sims 2, and I really think that it's really worth of that 20 Gb's or so. I installed TS3 yesterday again, lets see how long it will last this time. I'm guessing about two or three playing sessions. It's really is a clear cut for me, I don't like the way sims look in it, and even with graphics turned maximum, inside houses is still dark and the camera is a huge pain in the *ss. And when I go back to my Sims 2, it's like I'm home again. No need to stress anymore, how everything works etc. And I really have so much new things to try in Sims 2, because I have been playing it only about ½ years now.
I also am annoyed because TS3 is so similar to Ts1 in many ways, they walk almost as strange and they stop before doing something the same way. Those moving eyes are just...creepy! I do like however (as perhaps all of you) that open neighborhood, but it's really not that great when you can't even see them in community lots (like stores).

I think Ts3 is going to be just one piece of my Sims-collection, as I have them all now. But I am, and will be TS2-fan always
Field Researcher
#112 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:03 PM Last edited by KittyKuba : 26th Jul 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: bad with names
Quote: Originally posted by xemptybrkneyesx
I agree completely. I have no idea why so many people are defending their game by saying, "In a year or so you'll take back what you said when the Expansion Packs fix the game's problems." The thing is I doubt they'll want to fix the issues, they'll just want to add things that they think will take consumer's minds off the core problems with the game.

We're not actually defending it. Don't know if you noticed but the poster I quoted (Prosthetics) HATES THE SIMS 3 AND PREFERS 2 and from what I've seen/heard I'm in no rush to get TS3 AT ALL- so, we're not "defending" it, we're just saying some people are jumping the gun and some of these same people will be playing TS3 again when everything levels out.
That's not defending, that's try to type rationally. :D
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:20 PM
I guess I shouldn't have said completely, then. I do think that people are possibly thinking that new expansions will solve the problems everyone seems to be having with the game when I believe the creators will be more focused on adding new objects and features to it than doing so. I guess we'll all see when they do release the first expansion pack. :p
Field Researcher
#114 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xemptybrkneyesx
I guess I shouldn't have said completely, then. I do think that people are possibly thinking that new expansions will solve the problems everyone seems to be having with the game when I believe the creators will be more focused on adding new objects and features to it than doing so. I guess we'll all see when they do release the first expansion pack. :p

I think the same thing too, like instead of fixing the emptyness factor and play doh jaws they'll be like look "a new fancy toliet!".

It seems to me, like the creators of TS3 are attempting to cripple CC and hacks.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyKuba
I think the same thing too, like instead of fixing the emptyness factor and play doh jaws they'll be like look "a new fancy toliet!".

It seems to me, like the creators of TS3 are attempting to cripple CC and hacks.

I agree with you! That's what I have been thinking since I saw how TS3 look like at the first place... because cc's won't bring money to their table, unless those are in their official stuff packs. I'm positive that the game in itself doesn't change from what it is now, they just sell new stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#116 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:20 PM
The problem with TS3 is not the lack of custom content and expansion packs, which sooner or later will be out, but its gameplay. It feels as if all the liberty we were given with TS2 had been taken away from us now. Should TS3 had been like TS2, adding the seamless neighbourhood and the character traits, we would had been talking about the game of the year.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:23 PM
=3 yes theres some of us left in the world who haven't fallen for the sims 3. Well i actually was pulled in i know i know the guilt ruins me lol. I bought for one reason i like snapped my sims 2 disc without realising and tried to re install it which almost crashed my pc .... so i bought the sims 3 was i drunk no i was actually exicted at first

But then i played it and it was soooo slow and laggy. I personally miss my sims 2 now i want to buy it back and get deluxe so i can have nightlife ^^
it was the best sims game ever i mean come on sims 3 may have a seamless neighbourhood which is cool yet the house windows are black until you go in them which looks odd and besides the seamless neighbourhood theres not much i love about it. I mean yeah it was ok ... great stuff that i'd never had before.

But i won't miss it ... i just love the sims 2 since i could have more than 1000 downloads and the game would not lag so my computer ran fast which was just epic. Yet sims 3 i installed it and it was so AHH slowwwwww!!!

Personally i loved the graphics of sims 2 more aswell some of my sims were more realistic than that of the sims 3 and you could make skinny sims and you had more variety to make any sim you wanted.

and may i say thats just the start of it i can't say everything without swearing

Stop me if you think im going insane but to me even the sims 1 was more fun+better than sims 3 .... =P eh hehhe lol

It's not as bad as i make it out to be im just being dramatic but eh it kills to miss the sims 2 =[ its burning a hole in my heart for the sims. I MISS SIMS 2

Sure some people will love the sims 3 so we all have our own opinions let's leave that at that

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Instructor
#118 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:45 PM
I tried to play Sims 2 last night and I exited the game after 10 minutes, I was completely bored. There's no turning back for me.
Test Subject
#119 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:16 PM
I took TS3 off my computer until there are some decent EPs, hacks, mods, and CC. I love the idea, but it needs those things to be fun for me. Too, I hate not being able to go inside community buildings! Does that bug anyone else?? I think it has the potential to be awesome, but it's not there yet.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:19 PM
Yeah i had high hopes i thought community lots restaurants??? *excited by now* since i had only ever had sims 2 original which only had the groccery store/clothes store. But then i find out you can't go in them what a let down. Hopefully they will do something about this in future. But for me it's just going to be sims 2 the best darn sims game money can buy lol ^^ im going to get sims 2 deluxe

Forum Resident
#121 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebgirl79
I took TS3 off my computer until there are some decent EPs, hacks, mods, and CC. I love the idea, but it needs those things to be fun for me. Too, I hate not being able to go inside community buildings! Does that bug anyone else?? I think it has the potential to be awesome, but it's not there yet.

I too am very disappointed about that community lot-thing I think many agree on that.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:45 PM
D= yup i do like the part were you can make your sims work hard,slack ect but what i would have also loved something ive always wanted is to watch your sims at work or at school. Ive always wanted that lol i don't know why. But i do like how the school bus actually goes to the school yeah i followed it i thought it would just dissapear of the screen like on sims 2. Yet it would have been better with some more pupils inside the bus rather than just your sims and the occasional friend

Lab Assistant
#123 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prudensch
Every night I am faced with a choice: Sims 2 or 3?
So far TS2 is winning 40:2.
The only times I have played TS3 are out of a sense of guilt that I paid $100 for it so I should at least give it a go...but then as soon as I'm confronted by those Neolithic, round-shouldered, moon-faced goons I'm hitting the eject button.

I agree with you 100%. This has definitely been my experience so far. I only play TS3 because I feel like I should since I shelled out so much money for it.

I thought I would love the seamless neighborhood and storyline, but it all just feels too massive to me. I had one of my sims dating a sim pre-made in the game, and they were my favorite couple. When her girlfriend came over one day, though, she was suddenly an elder! I HATED that. I really like being able to control when my sims age and how they do.

Also, I really don't like not being able to go inside community lots. There are no dance clubs or anything in TS3 and I don't like that.

TS2 is what made me love The Sims, and it will stay that way.
Test Subject
#124 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:31 AM
I played "The Sims 3" and I enjoyed it. I like the features such as the Create-A-Style mode, which finally allowed me to customize everything to my own style and the traits which make things feel realistic, since my sims now have benefits and makes them more unique in my mind, I also like the fact that they made it more realistic by adding stuff such as going to the stadium watching a movie and taking a tour, the side jobs where you have to go somewhere before a set date and also the fact that you can follow your sims everywhere, there are also some options that your sims have that definately makes it more realistic. I also like that everything is more streamiled and the fact that you can now go to Jail, that there's now a curfew in effect and that Sims can go to other lots without you telling them to go there.

What I hate about the game is that you cannot go into the resturants, book store, theather, city hall, basically any building that's not a home, pool, park, library, gym or art museum. You can only watch as you imagine what your sims might be doing in there. I also dislike the fact that they included even fewer objects then before. I mean I like the Create-A-Style mode but give me a break, they should of given us more objects for us to play with. Also something feels missing from this game, mainly some stuff are gone, such as diving boards, hot tubs, etc... I don't know what's missing exactly but it definately makes the game feel half-done inside. How can you have a sim game if you can't have all of the things that you want. Also for a builder, there's even less things that you can build. That's why I love The Sims 2, there are so many things that you can build, it's like letting your wild imagination go wild.
Test Subject
#125 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:33 AM
I absolutely HATE TS3. It is horrible, the graphics are bad and it runs so slow it's unbelievable. I also hate it that you can't see in the community lots. I spent $80 on that crap so I sold it the day after I got it.
Page 5 of 32