Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:01 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 5th Aug 2014 at 11:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED]Can I package lots using SimPE instead of game?
This is for personal use not to upload to MTS. My game will not package lots for me. Can I use the SimPE to package a lot instead and is there guide for me for this?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:26 PM
Hmmmm.

If the lot is confirmed safe, then I would -imagine- that you could just copy the lot file out of the Lots folder and place it into LotCatalog... but I haven't done this, I could be wrong, there could be lot placement data or other stuff in there which would cause corruption.

There isn't a way to package the lot with CC.

Maybe it'd be better to try to find a solution to your game's packaging problem?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:53 PM Last edited by marka93 : 4th Aug 2014 at 4:41 PM.
What happens when you try to package lots? There is 2 options when you try to package a lot.
1. Package lot to TheSims2.com and this no longer works.
2. Package lot to a file and this is the one you need to use and it will make a new folder in C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 called PackageLots.

Is the house empty of Sims?

If it is empty then you could do this.

1. go in the C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog and make a back up copy on your desktop of the LotCatalog and then delete ever thing in there.
2. go in-game and move the house to the bin.
3. go back to C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog and it should be the only file in there called cx_00000001, copy this file to where you want to keep it safe then delete it and move your old file back in.
4. when you want to use this house then renumber it to the next number in you LotCatalog, if you have 20 houses in the bin then you will want to renumber it to cx_00000021 or any number that is higher than the last one in the LotCatalog.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:17 PM
Oh... gosh yeah, that was really stupid of me. marka's right - assuming the lot is safe to begin with, putting it in the bin is definitely the easiest way of getting the file. Derp.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.