Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Matt_Y : 22nd Jan 2021 at 8:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lenovo or Acer - I need your opinions :)
Hey guys

I am buying a new laptop, main use will be light designing on photoshop/illustrator, movies and shows and ofcourse The Sims 2

I found these nice Acer and Lenovo laptops, but since I'm considering everything at this point (durability of the build as well), I am not sure which one to go with.
On one hand the Acer is alluminum but mostly plastic - seems solid build and the Lenovo is made of metal and plastic ( I've had a bad experience with my previous Lenovo, was entirely made of plastic and the plastic started crackling and bulging :/ )

The ThinkBook lenovo though it's a solid build from what I checked.

Based on the performances below and on your opinions which one do you think I should have? I don't play any other games other than the Sims 2 anyways
LEANING TOWARDS THE THINK BOOK

Notebook Acer Aspire7 A715 Gaming i7-9750H

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)
RAM: 8GB
Capacity: 512GB SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB GDDR6)
Display: 15.6" (39.62 cm) FullHD IPS Anti-Glare 1920x1080
USB Ports: 1x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen 1, 2x USB 3.2 Type-A Gen 1

Lenovo - ThinkBook 15 Gen 2

Processor
11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor (4 Cores / 8 Threads, 2.80 GHz, up to 4.70 GHz with Turbo Boost, 12 MB Cache)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64

Display Type
15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 250nits Anti-glare

Memory
8 GB Soldered DDR4 3200MHz + 8 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz

Storage
512 GB M.2 2242 SSD

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 2GB GDDR6

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:37 PM
I don't know much about Acers, but in my experience, Lenovos are not a very good make. They don't last for very long. Someone may have a different opinion, but my sister has a boyfriend who has a mum who owns one and it's slow and struggles to load Microsoft Word fast...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...