Replies: 542 (Who?), Viewed: 145161 times.
Page 21 of 22
Forum Resident
#501 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscorpia
Update: YAY I got a Script Error! Never thought I'd be excited about that.


Right! Found the problem! There was no closing <CareerList></CareerList> tag! (Not sure why that was missing but never mind). So I've added that and if you want to test the attached file, that should *hopefully* solve the problem and make it show up!
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip cscorpia_Dominican_Career.zip (9.9 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: *Hopefully* fixed!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#502 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Right! Found the problem! There was no closing <CareerList></CareerList> tag! (Not sure why that was missing but never mind). So I've added that and if you want to test the attached file, that should *hopefully* solve the problem and make it show up!


It works! Thank you very much
Forum Resident
#503 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscorpia
It works! Thank you very much


Great! Congratulations!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Lab Assistant
#504 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 3:25 PM
can someone make the tutorial into a downloadable ebook?

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Test Subject
#505 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Great! Congratulations!

Can you please help me figure out what's wrong. When I go in game I just see the numbers and there's no text. Thanks!
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Gaming_Career.zip (15.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
#506 Old 2nd May 2016 at 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebblemaster
Can you please help me figure out what's wrong. When I go in game I just see the numbers and there's no text. Thanks!


Did you follow ThomasRiordan's method for the English strings?

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
DELETED POST
6th May 2016 at 10:48 PM
This message has been deleted by pleasantki92.
Test Subject
#507 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:42 AM Last edited by kl0kj : 5th Jul 2016 at 11:29 AM.
Default Strings [YourCareerTitle] UnhashedKeys and Strings [YourCareerTitle] English
Hi, I did once make a career following ThomasRiordan's method. This time I tried to follow the tutorial.
I wonder though, whether there could be a mistake, a text swap in the 2 forms, Strings [YourCareerTitle] UnhashedKeys and Strings [YourCareerTitle] English.

The problems I get are problably in the skill booster tone area of the one string, and the tone title in the same place of the other string.
Try to make it more clear.

When I take a look at the given sample forms:
1e Strings [YourCareerTitle] UnhashedKeys:
this STBL has sets of a <KEY>[number]</KEY> line, followed by a <STR>[tekst]</STR> line.

The 6e of the <KEY></KEY> <STR></STR> sets is:

<KEY>BLANKTone.BLANKCareerBLANK</KEY>
<STR>BLANK</STR> '''- Should be your 1st skill booster tone tile. E.g. “Practice Athletic”'''


2e Strings [YourCareerTitle] English:

this STBL has sets of <KEY>[text same as text STR lines of the Unhashed keys]</KEY>, followed by <STR>[visible tekst in game]</STR>

The 6e of the <KEY></KEY> <STR></STR> sets is:

<KEY>BLANK:</KEY>
<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BLANK</STR> '''- Should be your 1st tone title. E.g “MeetFellowAthletes”'''

- - - - - - - -
Isn't that a swap? Whitch one should be first? the tone title or the skill booster tone tile?
Forum Resident
#508 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 7:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl0kj
Hi, I did once make a career following ThomasRiordan's method. This time I tried to follow the tutorial.
I wonder though, whether there could be a mistake, a text swap in the 2 forms, Strings [YourCareerTitle] UnhashedKeys and Strings [YourCareerTitle] English.

The problems I get are problably in the skill booster tone area of the one string, and the tone title in the same place of the other string.
Try to make it more clear.

When I take a look at the given sample forms:
1e Strings [YourCareerTitle] UnhashedKeys:
this STBL has sets of a <KEY>[number]</KEY> line, followed by a <STR>[tekst]</STR> line.

The 6e of the <KEY></KEY> <STR></STR> sets is:

<KEY>BLANKTone.BLANKCareerBLANK</KEY>
<STR>BLANK</STR> '''- Should be your 1st skill booster tone tile. E.g. “Practice Athletic”'''


2e Strings [YourCareerTitle] English:

this STBL has sets of <KEY>[text same as text STR lines of the Unhashed keys]</KEY>, followed by <STR>[visible tekst in game]</STR>

The 6e of the <KEY></KEY> <STR></STR> sets is:

<KEY>BLANK:</KEY>
<STR>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:BLANK</STR> '''- Should be your 1st tone title. E.g “MeetFellowAthletes”'''

- - - - - - - -
Isn't that a swap? Whitch one should be first? the tone title or the skill booster tone tile?


It is indeed a swap and I honestly don't think it matters too much which is first.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#509 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:16 PM
Hello! First I'd like to thank missyhissy and other modders for making such clear and well-explained guides. I have 0 coding experience, but I felt confident enough to take a stab at modding my first career!

I'm making a Police Career, and I *think* I've followed the guide but I'm encountering a script error:

Quote:
04161987267204.dll
Police.Careers
Counter: 1
Sim-Time: 0
Start-Time: 07/26/2016 15:37:34
Log-Time: 07/26/2016 15:37:34

System.Xml.XmlException: Expected >, but found < [60] Line 258, position 6.
#0: 0x00000 superop in System.Xml.System.Xml.XmlTextReader:Read () ()
#1: 0x00077 callvirt in System.Xml.System.Xml.XmlReader:ReadContentString (bool) (45A34AC8 [1] )
#2: 0x00010 call in System.Xml.System.Xml.XmlReader:ReadContentString () ()
#3: 0x00001 call in System.Xml.System.Xml.XmlReader:ReadContentAsString () ()
#4: 0x00026 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbRowFast:Parse (System.Xml.XmlReader) (45A8A990 [45A34AC8] )
#5: 0x0000a callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbRowFast:Create (System.Xml.XmlReader,Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbTable) ([45A34AC8] [45689828] )
#6: 0x0001e call in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbTableFast:Parse (System.Xml.XmlReader) (45689828 [45A34AC8] )
#7: 0x0000a callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbTableFast:Create (System.Xml.XmlReader,Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData) ([45A34AC8] [45A8AA50] )
#8: 0x00027 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbDataFast:Parse (System.Xml.XmlReader) (45A8AA50 [45A34AC8] )
#9: 0x00008 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData+XmlDbDataFast:Create (System.Xml.XmlReader) ([45A34AC8] )
#10: 0x00025 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData:ReadData (string,bool) ([46E0A600] [0] )
#11: 0x00005 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData:ReadData (string) ([46E0A600] )
#12: 0x00018 call in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+DataBootFile:.ctor (string,string,bool) (456932B8 [43EF1738] [46E0A600] [0] )
#13: 0x00013 newobj in NRaas.CareerSpace.Booters.NRaas.CareerSpace.Booters.CareersBooter:Perform (NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper/BootFile,Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbRow) (39640D08 [4500EEE8] [45B97760] )
#14: 0x00000 in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+DataBootTable+LoadFunc:Invoke (NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper/BootFile,Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbRow) (45A34B18 [4500EEE8] [45B97760] )
#15: 0x0003c callvirt in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+DataBootTable:Load (NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper/DataBootTable/LoadFunc) (456932E8 [45A34B18] )
#16: 0x0001d callvirt in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+TableBooter:Perform (NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper/BootFile) (39640D08 [4500EEE8] )
#17: 0x000b2 callvirt in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+Booter:Perform (bool) (39640D08 [0] )
#18: 0x00006 call in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper+TableBooter:Perform (bool) (39640D08 [1] )
#19: 0x0002b callvirt in NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.NRaas.CommonSpace.Booters.BooterHelper:OnStartupApp () ()
#20: 0x0003a callvirt in NRaas.NRaas.Common:OnStartupApp (object,System.EventArgs) ([371088A0] [394C9D08] )
#21: 0x00000 in System.System.EventHandler:Invoke (object,System.EventArgs) (37F4EB18 [371088A0] [394C9D08] )
#22: 0x00011 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.World:OnStartupApp () ()


The error looked to appear in my Police.Careers file on line 258. The only problem is I can't seem to determine what the actual error is. Line 258 just has <Metric4>RelBoss</Metric4>, unchanged from all ranks on the job ladder. I'm attaching my Police.Careers to this post - I would very much appreciate any insight into what could be causing this problem - since I don't read code, I can't interpret the script error report very well, heehee.

Thanks in advance! Lmk if you need any more information from me.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip PoliceCareers.zip (1.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#510 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:24 PM
Oh, and here's the .package file attached! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroslove
Hello! First I'd like to thank missyhissy and other modders for making such clear and well-explained guides. I have 0 coding experience, but I felt confident enough to take a stab at modding my first career!

I'm making a Police Career, and I *think* I've followed the guide but I'm encountering a script error:



The error looked to appear in my Police.Careers file on line 258. The only problem is I can't seem to determine what the actual error is. Line 258 just has <Metric4>RelBoss</Metric4>, unchanged from all ranks on the job ladder. I'm attaching my Police.Careers to this post - I would very much appreciate any insight into what could be causing this problem - since I don't read code, I can't interpret the script error report very well, heehee.

Thanks in advance! Lmk if you need any more information from me.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Police Career Package.zip (14.8 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
#511 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 3:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroslove
Oh, and here's the .package file attached! Thank you!


Found the issue. It's technically on line #257 - there's no '>' at the end of the line, after </Mappings3

Then you should be good to go!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#512 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Found the issue. It's technically on line #257 - there's no '>' at the end of the line, after </Mappings3

Then you should be good to go!


Thank you so much! The numbers did appear! I can't believe I didn't catch that, lol.

I had the same issue many others had with being unable to have the "Join X Career" show up, but after I followed ThomasRiordan's suggestions on the first page it worked perfectly!
Forum Resident
#513 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroslove
Thank you so much! The numbers did appear! I can't believe I didn't catch that, lol.

I had the same issue many others had with being unable to have the "Join X Career" show up, but after I followed ThomasRiordan's suggestions on the first page it worked perfectly!


Glad to hear it's working! Well done!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#514 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 4:45 PM
Hi all. Making a sports career for a very old sport in my country and I would like to use the Sims 3 athletic career's match days for my career. Would I need to do some extra coding (By that I mean copypaste and edit the stuff inside the athletic career ) or is it just cleverly disguised words to make you think there's a match but there really isn't?

Thanks in advance!
Forum Resident
#515 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 1:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynhawn
Hi all. Making a sports career for a very old sport in my country and I would like to use the Sims 3 athletic career's match days for my career. Would I need to do some extra coding (By that I mean copypaste and edit the stuff inside the athletic career ) or is it just cleverly disguised words to make you think there's a match but there really isn't?

Thanks in advance!


Hi there!

I've actually got a thread running here with some information on using the game record for your own careers.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#516 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Hi there!

I've actually got a thread running here with some information on using the game record for your own careers.


Thank you. I've researched your football career and I see what I need to do now! Cheers for the help, here's hoping it works.
Forum Resident
#517 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynhawn
Thank you. I've researched your football career and I see what I need to do now! Cheers for the help, here's hoping it works.


Good luck!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#518 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 9:30 AM
Hello

I've been working for some time now on making some changes to downloaded mods concerning different jobs - so they fit my future medieval praaven Now I think, I might have taken this task to lightly - causing possible errors in the tweeked mods. I wanted to ask about that.

The mods in question are:
By feyerin:
Brewing Career
Butchering Career
Foraging Career
Hunting Career
ManorGardening Career
HallofEditcts Career

Pharmacist Career - errr.. yeah, thats yours, MissyHissy :D

Himawara106:
Veterinary Career

Lily_XD:
Priest Career
PT Nun/Monk Career

Furthermore I have the Minimum Wage, More realistic Earnings Mods by MadamDoofie and a certain Medieval_CareerData2 mod, that changes the usual EA-Jobs into something more medieval....

The changes made are: changing the hourly wages, sometimes the hours and days.
But seeing some Lvl-titels of several jobs I thought: 'not quite medieval enough' or 'uh... I have this title in this job here as well...', so I made changes there too.

Here a example:

<PTMausoleum>
<Title>Gatekeeper</Title>
<BasePay>8</BasePay>
<PensionPay>40</PensionPay>
<WakeupTime>10</WakeupTime>
<StartTime>18</StartTime>
<DayLength>3</DayLength>
<DowntownWakeupTime>11</DowntownWakeupTime>
<DowntownStartTime>1</DowntownStartTime>
<DowntownDayLength>3</DowntownDayLength>
<DaysToWork>U,M,T,F,S</DaysToWork>
<Level>2</Level>
<Mappings1>-100,0,50</Mappings1>
<Text_Promotion>PromotionLevel2</Text_Promotion>
<Text_Promotion_Female>PromotionLevel2_Female</Text_Promotion_Female>
<CarpoolType>CarUsed2</CarpoolType>
</PTMausoleum>

Here I simply wanted to change Gatekeeper to CoffinBearer.

Or like I found the Lvl-name 'Chaplain' here and there in severel jobs and wanted to change that a bit... Like Village Chaplain and City Chaplain... Court Bishop etc. Just a little more fitting in the overall picture. Now I wonder if this was plain wrong or simply not enough. Perhabs it will cause crushes. Why do I think so.... Well,...

I opend this mod: Medieval_CareerData2 and thought: 'What in the world...' the text there couldn't be compaired to all the other mods. I had no Idea - and still don't have any - what that is about. All I knew was: this mod changes the titel and subtitles of the EA-Jobs into something more medieval. And it looks way different....
First of, its a STLB, not some XML... there are 2 different Files to each CareerLvl-Titel. Once I saw this:
[004] 0x(somefilenr): Arch Duke
[005] 0x(somefilenr): Arch Dutchess

I thought: oh... genderdifferenz... ok... but why are all the Joblv titles in such a mess?! to me it doesn't look orderly at all.

Also S3PE doesn't give me a Notepad option, but some STLB resource Editor. Yikes!

0xC2C84018C2A8B306: The Arch Duke must be a passionate and charismatic nobleman who is always able to serve the King. It is an unenviable position that must constantly adjust to unexpected problems. The world needs great leaders... potentially, like your Sim.
0xB3EBA5F9206284BD: The Arch Duchess must be a passionate and charismatic noblewoman who is always able to serve the King. It is an unenviable position that must constantly adjust to unexpected problems. The world needs great leaders... potentially, like your Sim.

Uh... I wanted to changes some Lvl-titles here too, but now....this tells me just one thing: there is more to jobs that I thought and I should ask someone...

I don't really get this at all. I think, I may cause problems, if I just change some title somewhere. What exactly do I need to do to change titles safely? Should I reverse the titlechanges for now in all the Careerxml?

I skimmed trough the guide and realised once more, there is more to jobs, than I thought. I couldn't read it thoroughly, because I still need to do stuff off the computer today.

Thank you for your time.
If you have questions, I hope I can answer them
Forum Resident
#519 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 12:48 PM Last edited by missyhissy : 6th Sep 2016 at 6:58 PM.
Big project!
If you're only tweaking the names, I'd recommend editing the Language Strings file. See, changing the names in the Careers XML, you're going to mess the coding because those names are used in the UnhashedKeys and the Language strings files. But if you edit the names in the English file (by selecting the language and choosing Edit STBL. Then change the names in the large window on the right). So yes, reverse any changes you've made to the Careers XML and make your changes in the language STBL (Choose whichever language your game is in).

The mod you opened is simply overriding the language STBLs of the base careers - not the xml, which is the main body of code for the careers. That's why it couldn't compare to the others - they're containing the full information for the career. So if you want to make tweaks to the Medieval mod, make the edits using the STBL editor.

Hope that helps but give a shout if you get stuck!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#520 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 8:56 AM
Hi,
I have soms difficulties with Metrics, < Metric4 > RelCoworker < /Metric4 > is not showing in the game. There is no relation icon, and no 4th metric. The skill metrics do show up, so 3 of the 4. I made a lawyer-career, using the policestation-rabbithole. I tried the omnicareer-line, the musiccareer-line, and now I tried this:

< FullClassName > Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.LawEnforcement, Sims3GameplaySystems < / FullClassName >
< Guid > LawEnforcement < / Guid >

This makes no difference though. Does anyone regocnize this? Thanks in advance.
Forum Resident
#521 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl0kj
Hi,
I have soms difficulties with Metrics, < Metric4 > RelCoworker < /Metric4 > is not showing in the game. There is no relation icon, and no 4th metric. The skill metrics do show up, so 3 of the 4. I made a lawyer-career, using the policestation-rabbithole. I tried the omnicareer-line, the musiccareer-line, and now I tried this:

< FullClassName > Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.LawEnforcement, Sims3GameplaySystems < / FullClassName >
< Guid > LawEnforcement < / Guid >

This makes no difference though. Does anyone regocnize this? Thanks in advance.


Could you attach your career here so I can take a look at it? There's quite likely a small typo. Does the career generate a script error?

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
Missy's Musings, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#522 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 12:36 PM
Default Metrics RelCoworker
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Could you attach your career here so I can take a look at it? There's quite likely a small typo. Does the career generate a script error?


Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late answer..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...OHBfVDZ0cFF0Q00
There it is, its a Dutch career only. I don't remember getting a script error with Nraas Error trap..
Test Subject
#523 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 9:38 AM
Hello, I am new at this and am trying to make a custom career tailored to my friend specifically and I cannot get my career to show up in the rabbit hole at all. I tried following your advice to other people in this thread and nothing is working. I have the newest career mod installed and followed the "Tutorial: Complete Guide to Career Modding for Beginners!
" step by step to the T.

Here is my packages file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...OFV0X2FveTF1Nnc

It is a custom acting career that I tailored to my friend specifically.

Any help would be appreciated since I am just getting frustrated at this point working for about 6 hours now unable to determine what is wrong lol.

It uses the Theatre as its rabbit hole.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
6th Jan 2017 at 11:45 PM Last edited by kiwimymouse : 7th Jan 2017 at 12:29 AM.
This message has been deleted by kiwimymouse.
Test Subject
#524 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:07 PM
Same than tytyullery. My career won't show up in my rabbithole. I tried to take off the offer to JobOffer like ThomasRiordan did, but nothing happen. Anyone, please ?
Test Subject
#525 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:37 AM
Hello! I've been trying to follow the tutorial but I am stuck at the part where you import a new .dll file using BootStrapCreator. Whenever I click on it a window pops up and then it disappears before anything happens. Does it automatically create the new file and I just need to find it? If that's not the case can someone possibly leave a another download link for BootStrapCreator?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st Jul 2017 at 7:41 AM
Default Script Error
This message has been deleted by xcarmenxp.
Page 21 of 22
Back to top