Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Persimon : 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Possibly solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Vanishing Sims 2 University students
I _may_ have solved this. I decided to try re-downloading meetme2tgeriver's University templates in case something had happened to my copies, and noticed that the files in my University Life "Neighborhood Templates" folder had been altered today. Well, that's odd, I thought, those shouldn't be changing, so I did the "write protect" thing on my game that I've been meaning to do for the past few weeks (and should have done before). Sure enough, I could exit without saving out of Sim occupied University houses with no harm done to the Sims bin or Francis.
I'll still need to redo my uberhood, and will probably do the Origin "repair" option (which appears to be effectively the same as reinstalling) since I'm a perfectionist, but will be using "write protect" in the future, needless to say.
(And hey, I needed something to keep myself busy while I wait for the Sims 4 reviews to come in ;-)
Thanks all!
-------------------

(apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere - I'm quite mystified)

I have an uberhood with meetme2theriver's cleaned up subhood templates, cleaned up neighborhood templates, and Moothilda's Fix Subhood Selection mod. (I _think_ that I have the cleaned up University templates subhoods installed, but I'm not absolutely certain) I also have the MATY nodormieregen mod installed.

When I installed the universities and started poking around, I discovered something really weird. When I initially look at the Sims that can be moved in, they show up (i.e., Stella Terrano for La Fiesta). I was also able to click on Francis Worthington's house. But once I left his house (and without saving). all of the Sims that were populating houses (including Francis) vanished, as did all of the Sims that could move in, including Stella.This was true for the other two University neighborhoods (they are also empty). I tried it on another uberhood and the same thing happened. It's not an absolute deal breaker, (though I'm sad to miss Francis) but makes me worry that something is very, very wrong. I'm on the verge of redoing everything (and possibly even reinstalling the game) because I'm seeing some neighborhood corruption issues that concern me, but I can't see how this would be related, and I want to make sure that everything will work before I redo it all.

Again, just to run down the list, I have
- Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
- Moothilda's Fix Subhood Selection mod
- meetme2theriver's Cleaned up University neighborhood templates (I _think_)
- MATY's nodormieregen mod
- Windows7 (but that doesn't seem to be an issue...)

Thanks in advance for any help or insights you might have!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Have you right click on the UC icon in Origin and check for updates yet for there are at least 8 updates.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:23 PM
Didn't know that there were UC updates - sounds like a good thing to do in any case - thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Another wrinkle - I've been experimenting by setting up universities in neighborhoods I hadn't played yet. If I exit the occupied University house and save, things are fine. If I exit _without_ saving, the houses are wiped clean of their inhabitants, and the Sims bin is emptied.
Weird :-)