Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 11:34 PM Last edited by bellathesims : 15th Jun 2020 at 5:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Baby girls born naked...
Hi,
I used the Triplets & Quads Mod so my sims can have triplets but some kind of errors must have happened because now everytime a baby girl is born is naked. This only happens with baby girls, baby boys are born with clothes. I removed the mod but the problem remains. Is there any way to fix this?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 11:38 PM
That would be your baby clothes set up, there are some sets that are girl only, if you don't have all the needed files in you can get naked girls.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That would be your baby clothes set up, there are some sets that are girl only, if you don't have all the needed files in you can get naked girls.

I don't have baby clothes set up just for girls and baby girls that were born before do have clothes. It only happens with babies who are born after I used the mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:50 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2020 at 1:04 AM.
Exactly which files do you have? Can you paste in all the names for the baby outfits you have in your downloads folder, both meshes and recolors?
(assuming you only have the required amount of default files, that is - if you have a ton of non-default outfits, the problem is elsewhere).

(The triplets/quad mod has absolutely nothing to do with baby outfits, so your problems starting after having used this mod is a coincidence).

If you have non-default outfits, some outfits are towniefied, others are not. If they are towniefied, they'll randomly show up on babies. If they're not towniefied or you want to change the outfits, they'll have to be bought and put on the baby with a mod. Non-default outfits can be gendered, so if all are set up for boys only, they won't show for girls. If you only have non-towniefied non-default outfits in your game, the default outfit should still be the regular maxis diaper, though. Towniefied outfits will act almost like they're a big set of defaults, and will show up more often than the diaper.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Exactly which files do you have? Can you paste in all the names for the baby outfits you have in your downloads folder, both meshes and recolors?
(assuming you only have the required amount of default files, that is - if you have a ton of non-default outfits, the problem is elsewhere).

(The triplets/quad mod has absolutely nothing to do with baby outfits, so your problems starting after having used this mod is a coincidence).

If you have non-default outfits, some outfits are towniefied, others are not. If they are towniefied, they'll randomly show up on babies. If they're not towniefied or you want to change the outfits, they'll have to be bought and put on the baby with a mod. Non-default outfits can be gendered, so if all are set up for boys only, they won't show for girls. If you only have non-towniefied non-default outfits in your game, the default outfit should still be the regular maxis diaper, though. Towniefied outfits will act almost like they're a big set of defaults, and will show up more often than the diaper.

I only have one default outfit set for babies, for both boys and girls. So I only have one outfit set file and a mesh file.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 2:00 AM
What are the exact filenames of the baby defaults you have? (trying to do some troubleshooting, which is difficult without knowing which files you do have)

Can you do a search for "sknydpr" in your files? That's the most common problem files when babies show up naked. There's two files, a mesh and a recolor. Sometimes people will download both when they're only supposed to download the mesh.

Also do a search for "infant" and "baby" in your downloads folder. You never know what could show up. Could be you have some non-defaults and defaults you never knew you had in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 5:15 AM
What are the exact filenames of the baby defaults you have? (trying to do some troubleshooting, which is difficult without knowing which files you do have)

Can you do a search for "sknydpr" in your files? That's the most common problem files when babies show up naked. There's two files, a mesh and a recolor. Sometimes people will download both when they're only supposed to download the mesh.

Also do a search for "infant" and "baby" in your downloads folder. You never know what could show up. Could be you have some non-defaults and defaults you never knew you had in there.

I looked for those terms but nothing appeared. I tried by deleting the baby who was born naked then I adopted a baby girl and she was wearing clothes! After loading the game the baby that I had deleted appeared again without clothes, but thats the only baby with that problem because now baby girls can wear clothes. Thank you for your comments tho!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:56 AM
Do you have a teen pregnancy mod? More specifically, a component that changes the naked mesh so that pregnant teenagers show their bump? I used to have the same problem when I did, but removing that part fixed it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 10:31 AM
I hope by 'deleted' you mean reset, as in delete with the hand tool, saved and reloaded the lot. Never delete sims.

See if you can screenshot and show all your baby clothes files here. Simmer22 is the creator of the majority of available baby clothes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 2:31 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2020 at 3:00 PM.
^ Knowing the exact names of the files you have would help a lot. I've been doing problemsolving on infant outfits for the past 13 years, but I'm not a mind reader - can't help if I don't have pictures, names or good descriptions to go from

Try searching for the terms using the an asterisk, so *infant, *baby, *sknydpr, in the search field in your Downloads folder. Maybe also your SavedSims folder (if it's not already empty). The search function since Windows 7 is rather iffy, so sometimes it won't pick up files even if they clearly have those words in the filenames, but the asterisk picks up the exact filenames. Just looking for them makes it easy to skip a few if you have a lot of files.

It could be you have some non-default clothes or some other files causing certain babies being born naked. There has been a few "babies are born naked" mods around, possibly one by Chris Hatch (maybe do a search for *CH while you're at it?) but I'm not sure (could be part of his A&N/T&A mods if you have those? I don't know). Could also be that someone else did that mod.

---

Since the problem seems to be resolving itself or appearing a bit randomly, I'm guessing you either have multiple outfits in your Downloads folder (getting chosen by loading order or some such), or have a somewhat random mix of non-defaults and defaults, with maybe a wild naked outfit randomly appearing in there somewhere. Which is why it would be very useful to know the exact filenames of the outfits you have.

Another potential "glitch" is if you're using mods like the Insimenator or SimBlender, to set a sim's outfit, and accidentally set the baby's outfit to naked instead. That would cause the baby to show up naked (because they do indeed have a naked state for bathing and diaper changes). But I'm guessing you'd probably notice that. Wouldn't cause them to be born naked, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 5:41 PM
^ Knowing the exact names of the files you have would help a lot. I've been doing problemsolving on infant outfits for the past 13 years, but I'm not a mind reader - can't help if I don't have pictures, names or good descriptions to go from

Try searching for the terms using the an asterisk, so *infant, *baby, *sknydpr, in the search field in your Downloads folder. Maybe also your SavedSims folder (if it's not already empty). The search function since Windows 7 is rather iffy, so sometimes it won't pick up files even if they clearly have those words in the filenames, but the asterisk picks up the exact filenames. Just looking for them makes it easy to skip a few if you have a lot of files.

It could be you have some non-default clothes or some other files causing certain babies being born naked. There has been a few "babies are born naked" mods around, possibly one by Chris Hatch (maybe do a search for *CH while you're at it?) but I'm not sure (could be part of his A&N/T&A mods if you have those? I don't know). Could also be that someone else did that mod.

---

Since the problem seems to be resolving itself or appearing a bit randomly, I'm guessing you either have multiple outfits in your Downloads folder (getting chosen by loading order or some such), or have a somewhat random mix of non-defaults and defaults, with maybe a wild naked outfit randomly appearing in there somewhere. Which is why it would be very useful to know the exact filenames of the outfits you have.

Another potential "glitch" is if you're using mods like the Insimenator or SimBlender, to set a sim's outfit, and accidentally set the baby's outfit to naked instead. That would cause the baby to show up naked (because they do indeed have a naked state for bathing and diaper changes). But I'm guessing you'd probably notice that. Wouldn't cause them to be born naked, though.

I looked again for those terms but again nothing appeared. In the past I tried to use the Chris Hatch's Plan Baby Outfit Mod, but since I only have the base game it wouldn't work so I removed it.
This are the files for baby clothes that I have
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 6:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2020 at 6:23 PM.
Those are unisex (girl + boy) default outfits by FP7, and they should show up on all babies. Do all the babies (girls, too) now look like the 4th baby (the one with the duck outfit) here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/326309? If they don't, you still have something else in your files causing trouble.

Chris Hatch's plan baby outfit mod only works if you have Pets or a higher EP (because there were changes in Pets that were carried forward with the newer EPs). You can still use towniefied non-default outfits (they'll show up randomized and you won't be able to plan them, but it's possible to gender-limit them via SimPE or the Warrdrobe Wrangler).

Another thing to be aware of is to make sure you're using compatible mods with your game. If you only have the basegame but you're using mods that aren't basegame compatible, they could be causing problems for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 7:33 PM
Those are unisex (girl + boy) default outfits by FP7, and they should show up on all babies. Do all the babies (girls, too) now look like the 4th baby (the one with the duck outfit) here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/326309? If they don't, you still have something else in your files causing trouble.

Chris Hatch's plan baby outfit mod only works if you have Pets or a higher EP (because there were changes in Pets that were carried forward with the newer EPs). You can still use towniefied non-default outfits (they'll show up randomized and you won't be able to plan them, but it's possible to gender-limit them via SimPE or the Warrdrobe Wrangler).

Another thing to be aware of is to make sure you're using compatible mods with your game. If you only have the basegame but you're using mods that aren't basegame compatible, they could be causing problems for you.

Yes, now all the babies, boys and girls have the duck outfit. I tried a mod to change the default clothes for baby girls but it didn't work, so now I use the unisex default outfits.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2020 at 8:32 PM.
Just out of curiosity, which mod did you try for the girls, and was it that one that caused them to show up naked?

I've seen a couple weird results of baby outfit loading order where if the girl outfit or mesh loads before the boy outfit (as in, they're listed before the boy/unisex outfit - the game will show whichever outfit is loaded last, and picks up half of each), they'll act weird. If that happens you could try to add a Z in front of the name on the girl outfit (and girl mesh if there is one) and the outfit should show up fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, which mod did you try for the girls, and was it that one that caused them to show up naked?

No, these mods did not cause the problem. I tried them before babies showed up naked. They just didn't work, boys and girls would show up wearing the same clothes, so I removed them.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:39 PM
Weird.
Could be you need to delete your cache files when you change default files. They're known to cause some strange blips in the system, like meshes or textures lagging behind.