Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM Last edited by Snufflepaws : 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:11 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there a way around this?
I've spent the best part of 2 days working on a duplex/semi-detached building that will run like an apartment lot. But, now that I've finished and move some sims in, it's telling me the upper floor is out of bounds to put furniture. I'm pretty sure the reason is because of the stairs (see pictures) which is a stage on top of a foundation. I didn't know this would confuse the game into thinking the upper floor wasn't part of the apartment. Is there a trick or anything I can apply to this, like the invisible fence method? I thought I'd make sure by posting here before being forced to make it a residential lot. I don't want to have to control both families/residents at the same time.

UPDATE
I seem to have found a fix. After entering the following combination of cheats, I could place furniture upstairs.

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
moveobjects on
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
boolProp apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions false

I don't know if they're all needed, but after applying them one after the other I could eventually place furniture. Just thought I'd post it in case anyone else has the same problem.
Screenshots