Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:06 PM Last edited by Skae2.0 : 15th Feb 2015 at 11:21 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Closets, wardrobes, cupboards... what's it called in the english game??
I was a little confused about the forum categories, so if it's the wrong one now - please forgive me & tell me where to put this.

I was trying to find a few downloads, and couldn't find out what the category for cupboards is called in the game (since mine is german). I couldn't find it on the internet and also couldn't really find anything when I tried the words I know.

(For "wardrobe" I get clothes, for "cupboard" I get all sorts of cupboards but pretty much nothing for a bedroom, and for "closet" google gives me all I need for building a walk-in closet - which is nice and all, but doesn't really help the cupboard-thing...)

Anyone got a word for me to make google spit out some cupboard downloads for sims?? It's really annoying to look through all the bedrooms and hope there are some cupboards included.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
Are you looking for "dresser", "Chest of Drawers" or what is the function of what you are looking for.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
Quick English language lesson: a closet is a small area of bedroom, usually separated by a door, primarily for hanging clothes. A wardrobe is a piece of furniture usually found in a bedroom which holds hanging clothes, like an armoire but usually lacking any drawers. (A chifforobe has drawers as well as hanging space) A cupboard is a piece of kitchen or occasionally dining room furniture for storing dishes, cooking pots and pans, and food not requiring refrigeration.

I agree that you may be looking for a dresser or chest of drawers, which are used to store folded clothes in a bedroom. A dresser is about 30 inches high, usually more wide than tall, while a chest of drawers is taller, and more tall than wide. In the game they are found under miscellaneous, the pic of the armoire.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM
I was asking for what the game called the section <i>inside</i> of the misc. section, where dressers etc. are found. The word that should show up if you hover over that armoire-symbol.
I googled armoire now, and surprise surprise, that seems to be it. I didn't even know that word.

Thanks for your english lesson, I've kinda been wondering this since we were taught the word "cupboard" in 5th grade... xD And my teacher really failed there, obviously.
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:42 PM
Well, armoire is French, really, one of the many foreign words English has adopted. English has a lot of words that differ only slightly in actual definition, but differ much more in idiomatic nuanced meaning.