Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 7:53 PM Last edited by milkpon : 13th Jun 2020 at 1:15 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [solved] stuck in build/buy mode in hotel / bon voyage
hi !

i'm playing in takemizu village and i have cc that replaces the pond texture but it needs a pool on the same lot to work properly, so i changed the lot zoning to residential to build the pool, and changed it back after. i had no idea this could cause corruption until i googled it just now. my sims are now stuck on that lot and i can't access live mode. i've tried changing it back to residential a few times, i've tried playing from the takemizu village neighborhood view and my sim's home as well, and i get the same results.
i've used mootilda's hoodchecker and cleared my cache files. i have no idea what to do now, any help is super appreciated! thanks so much

edit: would this suggestion about using the teleporter shrub work? http://modthesims.info/t/292371 or would it cause more issues?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:19 AM
Where there sims on the lot when you changed zoning? Only ever change zoning on an empty lot. So for a hotel lot that would be: Move sims to a new lodgings, load lot and change to Community (Hotels are built on Community lots not residential lots) Although changing to res should not break it. Do the pool square, check around for anything else and change it back to hotel. Some games are set that it is zoning hotel and some are zoning lodging, depending on your country. Then move the sims back.

I would load up the main hood and see if move out is an option on the main hood, if not I would teleport the sims to a friends house and move them in. Whatever teleporter you have should be fine. The sim blender can as well and if you don't have that I would suggest it. Then move them out and move them back to their own house. Do you have a stay all shrub there? If not they will lose all furnishings but you will have your sims back. I would sugets the stay all shrub at every lot, you place and click 'things stay on move out'. from Simlogical. I also use the Simlogical teleporter cat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:37 AM
Another thing you can try is entering boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true in the cheat screen. Hover over the lot and make a note of the file name. Then close the game, go to the Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N00x/Lots folder (where N00x is the neighbourhood) and delete the lot. This should force the family out and back home. Back up your game first though, just in case - I did this when Sofia Baldwin got stuck on vacation and she did return safely, but her family were back home anyway so I don't know if that would make a difference.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where there sims on the lot when you changed zoning? Only ever change zoning on an empty lot. So for a hotel lot that would be: Move sims to a new lodgings, load lot and change to Community (Hotels are built on Community lots not residential lots) Although changing to res should not break it. Do the pool square, check around for anything else and change it back to hotel. Some games are set that it is zoning hotel and some are zoning lodging, depending on your country. Then move the sims back.

I would load up the main hood and see if move out is an option on the main hood, if not I would teleport the sims to a friends house and move them in. Whatever teleporter you have should be fine. The sim blender can as well and if you don't have that I would suggest it. Then move them out and move them back to their own house. Do you have a stay all shrub there? If not they will lose all furnishings but you will have your sims back. I would sugets the stay all shrub at every lot, you place and click 'things stay on move out'. from Simlogical. I also use the Simlogical teleporter cat.

thanks for your reply! yeah there were sims on that vacation lot at the time and i wasn't aware that i shouldn't do that until it was too late sadly. i know for the future now though.
i've just tried teleporting them and asking them to move in, but it says that they're not saved on their home lot so they can't move in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:11 AM Last edited by milkpon : 13th Jun 2020 at 1:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Another thing you can try is entering boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true in the cheat screen. Hover over the lot and make a note of the file name. Then close the game, go to the Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N00x/Lots folder (where N00x is the neighbourhood) and delete the lot. This should force the family out and back home. Back up your game first though, just in case - I did this when Sofia Baldwin got stuck on vacation and she did return safely, but her family were back home anyway so I don't know if that would make a difference.

thanks for your reply! could this possibly cause corruption? i guess that's why you make a backup just in case.
the family i'm playing are 2 sims on vacation and one pet at home with the nanny. i'll try your suggestion now.

edit: this worked ! i downloaded a clean version of the hotel from the internet and deleted the old one, my sims are back home now. thank you so much!! <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:41 AM
Try move in on the telporter cat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try move in on the telporter cat.

sushigal007's suggestion worked for me ! thank you for the suggestion though ^^
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:31 PM
Glad it worked. :D