Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 12:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blue Screen on Startup
i wanted to try playing the Sims 2 ultimate collection, but when i start it up, i get a blue screen. not a BSoD, a blue screen. the computer is still running, and all of my programs are too, but i cant exit the blue screen. the only way i can is by restarting or shutting down the computer.

note: i also did the resolution fix, and the black square fix too, please help!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 1:35 AM
What are your computer specs?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What are your computer specs?

my computer has intel core i5-9400f, 16 gigs of ram, and my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 10:17 PM
If you are experiencing a completely blue or light blue screen with no text or error message, your computer may have a bad video card or monitor, resulting in only seeing a blue screen. If possible, attempt to check if your video card is having issues or your monitor is bad.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 11:43 PM
What power supply? A lot of PC's are sold with underpowered PS's.
Also is your PC useing your card, check the log-config.txt file in the Logs folder inside the Documents sims 2 folder.
Do you have the 4 GB patch on?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 12:19 AM
yea, it's using my card. how do i get the 4 gb patch?
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 1:52 AM
How long have you waited to see if it resolves itself? I quite often have a blue screen I can't get out of for a while when I try to start the game (using disks, though, not UC); eventually it turns purple and the game loads. Or should I be worried about this?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:03 AM
The first time you open the game it takes sooo long because it has to create a lot of data in your Documents folder. I don't remember if it does that with a blue screen or with the typical loading screen, but probably you should try to just wait, idk, 10 minutes? To see if it does something.

Anyway, 4GB patch.
https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-windows-10/
For anyone else here, I would recommended to do this even if your game already works. (Unless your PC has less than 4 GB of RAM).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 12:12 PM
i've waited a long time for it to load, but it never works. and the 4GB patch didn't work either. also, i was able to play it before, but suddenly it doesn't work. oh, and i looked at the logs and found this.

Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

is this normal?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quiter44

is this normal?

Doesn't that mean it isn't actually using your graphics card? When you did the resolution fix and the black square fix, did you do it with the Graphics Rules Maker? Because that program should make the game load the graphic card in the database.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quiter44
i've waited a long time for it to load, but it never works. and the 4GB patch didn't work either. also, i was able to play it before, but suddenly it doesn't work. oh, and i looked at the logs and found this.

is this normal?

No, it means the game isn't using your graphics card. You need to do the graphic rules. Found in the sticky thread in help on here.
For the 4GB patch on windows 10 you need at least 8 Ram not 4, because Windows 10 uses close to 4 just running itself.

~Call me Jo~