Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 11:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Glitchy lot previews and family thumbnails after installing CleanUI
Recently I've noticed that my lot preview and family thumbnail started to become glitchy. Here's a screenshot:

I'm 100% sure this started after installing the following CC:
-CleanUI 1.4 with included optional tweaks
-ethanmcgregor's CleanUI addons
-EddySims' Better Bubbles & Default Computer Screens
-Nopke's No Pause Frame
-SimmingLena's CAS Camera Fix

I also use certain building cheats such as moveObjects or snapObjectsToGrid.

As of now, the only symptoms are the graphical glitches visible on the screenshot above. I've tried removing CleanUI, but the issue seems to still persists. Is this a fixable CC issue, or is this in fact neighbourhood corruption?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 3:57 AM
Hey I'm having this issue too so I wanted to bump this thread. I actually don't have any of that CC and it's still happening. I've been trying to search but can't find a solution yet.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 5:15 AM
You will see my similar issues on this post. https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...542#post5378542
Nothing but upgrading my pc further stoped this. Mainly graphic card and a higher power supply. A lot of pc's skimp on the PS, but this powers all the other components. Recently I upgraded my PS again to 1000Watts and all my graphics immediately improved even more. if you read over my posts on that thread you will see I tried a lot of tweaks and those tweaks helped but they did not fix the issue.

It is a combination of your computer specs plus what the CC needs to render + the game. If you use no CC you may find this issue stops but that isn't because there was anything wrong with the CC it's just that it's making the game work harder. Sometimes it could be as simple as your game is using a chip and not your graphics card.

But really what we need is your computer specs not the list of CC that you are using.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 5:30 AM
Hmm well I dunno I think I fixed it. I removed the d3d9.dll file from TSBin. Only reason I was using that was because the game was telling me I didn't have DirectX 9 so I used microsoft's DirectX installer. There is a performance hit but I think being able to have a nice looking hood again is worth it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You will see my similar issues on this post. https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...542#post5378542
Nothing but upgrading my pc further stoped this. Mainly graphic card and a higher power supply. A lot of pc's skimp on the PS, but this powers all the other components. Recently I upgraded my PS again to 1000Watts and all my graphics immediately improved even more. if you read over my posts on that thread you will see I tried a lot of tweaks and those tweaks helped but they did not fix the issue.

It is a combination of your computer specs plus what the CC needs to render + the game. If you use no CC you may find this issue stops but that isn't because there was anything wrong with the CC it's just that it's making the game work harder. Sometimes it could be as simple as your game is using a chip and not your graphics card.

But really what we need is your computer specs not the list of CC that you are using.

As for my specs, I have an Intel Core i5-4460, a Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 600W power supply. The GPU is running an overclock. I have also applied the 4GB patch and added DXVK to the game.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:02 PM
Do you have the latest version of DXVK? I believe that's known to cause this issue, but don't quote me on it. Reverting to a previous version of DXVK might help.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:46 PM
Also before installing something like Clean UI you need to be sure you have the hardwear to use such a demanding mod. These are all signs that the game is stressed beyond what it can deal with. Graphics card, RAM, power supply. If you are on a laptop many are simply not built for any kind of demanding graphics. If the machine is lower end you can't simply toss the 4 GB patch or other fixes at it. It also has to be capable of using them. Sims 2 CC may be an old game, but modern CC can be demanding. Items using large textures and 20 thousand polys can't be used unless you have a machine to match and if your machine does match then you need to check that your game is actually using that hardware.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 7:50 PM Last edited by supra107 : 11th Nov 2020 at 7:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you have the latest version of DXVK? I believe that's known to cause this issue, but don't quote me on it. Reverting to a previous version of DXVK might help.

I've rolled back to DXVK 1.5.3, and launched the game. Got into the lot, resumed for a second, then paused and saved. That fixed the family preview. Then I went back, placed a new object on the lot, saved, and went back to the neighborhood view. The lot preview was also fixed, and didn't glitch out after I went back in, deleted the newly placed object and saved again, therefore I believe the issue has been fixed. Thanks for the help.

Also, a quick note for anyone that happens to have the same problem sometime in the future:
Since 1.7.2, DXVK does not cause this issue anymore, therefore it's best to update DXVK instead of downgrading it.
Thanks to @thatcade for mentioning the update fixed the issue.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 8:47 PM
There was a new version of DXVK released this week that has seemingly fixed these issues from my and others' testing, so I recommend updating to 1.7.2 now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thatcade
There was a new version of DXVK released this week that has seemingly fixed these issues from my and others' testing, so I recommend updating to 1.7.2 now.

Indeed, the newest version doesn't cause this issue, this "major D3D9 regression" mentioned in the changelog was probably the cause of it. Thank you for sharing this.