Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Shaders problem on some CC hairs
Hey everyone ! I've downloaded hair conversions meshes as well as Sims 2 Store hairs, but some of them appear very bright in CAS. However, they display correctly in live-mode and in Body Shop. I guess it's a shader problem, but I don't know how to resolve it. I've tried to change the graphic settings, turned off and on the "boolprop useshaders" cheat and removed all my CC (including a lighting mod) but nothing worked. I know it's not related to the package file since I played the game in a VM on Mac OS with the same game configuration and they displayed fine. I'm playing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Windows 10 through Bootcamp with an NVIDIA GeForce 750M graphics card.

Thanks in advance !
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 6:01 PM
Have you tried pulling out your downloads to check if there's anything in it that could be causing this bug? If the problem goes awayif you pull your downloads, the problem is somewhere in your downloads, and you need to do a 50/50 to check which item(s) is causing the problem. If the problem doesn't go away, the problem is elsewhere.

You NEED to try this first, or any other problemsolving tips aren't going to be useful!

I've had clothes/hairs/skins that latched themselves onto other CAS items because of borked settings, causing for instance the scalp/head to get a different color or brightness, or causing weird "overlays" for skins where they weren't supposed to be.

This looks like the scalp of a light skintone or some such, because the rest of the hair looks fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 6:57 PM
Thanks for your answer ! Yes, I've already tried to remove the Downloads folder but the problem persists. When I do the boolprop UseShaders false cheat, the CAS becomes bleached (the picture on the right is with the cheat on false, the one on the left is with the cheat on true) and the hair matches to the bleached sim skintone, so that's why I think it's a shader or a graphics cards issue. It's strange that it only happens in the CAS and not in live-mode.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:57 PM
Can you post your edited GraphicsRules file? It could be the game for some reason is having problems running without shaders via the bootcamp, but usually it's the opposite problem (having problems when shaders are on).

The problem could possibly be a bug from trying to play through Bootcamp/Win10 and the UC on a Mac. If you're running a game via VM the graphic card (and the game you're running) need to be able to handle this. I'm no expert on VM, though...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 8:08 PM Last edited by louloudu53535353 : 23rd Aug 2020 at 10:25 PM.
This is my Graphic Rules file !

Update : I did a mistake, in fact Sims 2 Store hairs display correctly. The only ones that glitch are those (most of them, not all) : https://modthesims.info/d/298171/up...with-maxis.html and https://modthesims.info/d/297700/up...with-maxis.html
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Graphics Rules.zip (7.4 KB, 14 downloads)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 4:55 PM
The only bug I can spot in the hairs (without checking all of them) is that some of the ones in the second link seem to have a face mesh in the mesh files, but I can't see how that would cause this bug. I think I've even used some of these hairs before and I've never seen anything like this.

It does seem like more of a graphic bug, though - especially since it gets worse when you turn off shaders (which is really weird - never heard that one before). I'll have a look at the GraphicRules file too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 6:48 PM
Thank you so much for your help ! It's not a very serious problem since hairs appear correctly when playing, but I was just wondering why it only happens in CAS