Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 5:32 PM Last edited by willow_kidd : 25th Aug 2020 at 7:31 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I borked a Vacation: Part II (now fixed ... kind of)
I didn't want to rez the old thread, but a few months ago I had a vacation not work out so hot. I mean, they went, they enjoyed themselves - but they didn't get their wants satisfied and they didn't receive their perks.

Well - it just happened again, and I've noticed a similarity between the two cases. They were both families leaving behind babies/toddlers. After the shuttle arrives, the adults are reminded of their parenting duties and obtaining a nanny is recommended. I selected the option (I can't recall the exact wording) that confirmed "Yeah, we need a nanny". That's when the shuttle gives up and leaves and my sims are left behind. Only - they're not really. Then the vacation loads and my sims are off - with the unfulfilled "go on vacation" want.

It's the needing of a nanny that's messing things up. Am I meant to call on before the shuttle is scheduled to arrive? I was sure the game called one up automatically. Am I mis-remembering?

Edit: Okay. So, after the second failed vacation, I didn't save. Today, when I did a try-again, I made sure to call the Nanny to come /before/ booking the vacation. This seems to have prevented the issue at hand. My Sims grabbed their suitcases, got into the shuttle, and happily got their aspiration points for their vacation this go round!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 11:17 PM
The game should be okay with calling her but since yours isn't, try calling her before your sims are leaving.
You can always do a CC free test and if it works in a vanilla game you will know its a CC issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 10:21 AM
Are you running the game at normal speed while you wait?

I've sometimes missed dates when I put the game on speed 3 while waiting for the taxi. The date called to complain about me not showing up before the taxi arrived.

There might be something similar with the vacation taxi.