Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 11:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Customizing InTeen to match Lifespan Mod
not sure if this is the correct category or not sorry! but anyways i'm currently in the process of cleaning out my downloads folder and incorporating any new mods to suit my gameplay needs before i start creating a fresh, new hood. i'm also trying to fix any annoyances that i discovered while playing my last hood, and this includes the '18 year old teens' feature that comes with InTeen. the feature itself isn't the problem - it's great. but since i use Phaenoh's Lifespan Mod with InTeen, the aging is a bit off (as to be expected).

in a normal game, teens have 15 days in their life stage. so InTeen considers them to be 18+ when there are 7 days remaining. but in the lifespan mod, teens only have 12 days in their life stage, and 5 of those are when teens are, well, teens, not little adults who don't go to school, can get married, can work full-time, etc. it's like i'm playing teens for a second. i love the feature but i don't want my teens to get all those perks so soon. maybe like 5 or 6 days before they have to go to college or become adults.

i was just wondering if there's any configuring i can do that will allow me to change the amount of days that it takes for a sim to actually be considered "18" so i have more days playing my teens without all those perks?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:15 AM
InTeenimater_B.package, BCON 0x201C, Entry 0x21

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Systemic Anomaly
#3 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffyfeather
not sure if this is the correct category or not sorry! but anyways i'm currently in the process of cleaning out my downloads folder and incorporating any new mods to suit my gameplay needs before i start creating a fresh, new hood. i'm also trying to fix any annoyances that i discovered while playing my last hood, and this includes the '18 year old teens' feature that comes with InTeen. the feature itself isn't the problem - it's great. but since i use Phaenoh's Lifespan Mod with InTeen, the aging is a bit off (as to be expected).

in a normal game, teens have 15 days in their life stage. so InTeen considers them to be 18+ when there are 7 days remaining. but in the lifespan mod, teens only have 12 days in their life stage, and 5 of those are when teens are, well, teens, not little adults who don't go to school, can get married, can work full-time, etc. it's like i'm playing teens for a second. i love the feature but i don't want my teens to get all those perks so soon. maybe like 5 or 6 days before they have to go to college or become adults.

i was just wondering if there's any configuring i can do that will allow me to change the amount of days that it takes for a sim to actually be considered "18" so i have more days playing my teens without all those perks?

You're in luck that I happen to randomly chance upon your message.

The short answer to your question is, yes. You can easily do what you're looking to accomplish. You should install the No Adult Teens flavor pack (you might want to rename this to "New Adult Teens" or "Adjusted Adult Teens" so you don't confuse what this package file is doing). You'll need to open this package file using SimPE. This package file contains a single BCON table (0x201C). If you go to the very bottom of this table you'll see 2 entries, each with value 0x8000. The second to the last value (0x21) is the number of age days left when you want your teen to be eligible for adult interactions (so perhaps 5 given your comment above). Set the last value (0x22) to a value 1 greater than the value you set in 0x21 (in this example, 6). Commit your change. Save.

When you restart, InTeen will pickup the adjusted age constraints automatically.

I recommend you make your changes to the flavor pak and not InTeenimater_B as SimPE has, on occassion, made scrambled eggs out of that file when you resave it. If you do edit InTeenimater_B, the BCON values of 0x21 and 0x22 you will find here are not 0x8000, but 7 and 8 respectively (hence the 7 days).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
You're in luck that I happen to randomly chance upon your message.

The short answer to your question is, yes. You can easily do what you're looking to accomplish. You should install the No Adult Teens flavor pack (you might want to rename this to "New Adult Teens" or "Adjusted Adult Teens" so you don't confuse what this package file is doing). You'll need to open this package file using SimPE. This package file contains a single BCON table (0x201C). If you go to the very bottom of this table you'll see 2 entries, each with value 0x8000. The second to the last value (0x21) is the number of age days left when you want your teen to be eligible for adult interactions (so perhaps 5 given your comment above). Set the last value (0x22) to a value 1 greater than the value you set in 0x21 (in this example, 6). Commit your change. Save.

When you restart, InTeen will pickup the adjusted age constraints automatically.

I recommend you make your changes to the flavor pak and not InTeenimater_B as SimPE has, on occassion, made scrambled eggs out of that file when you resave it. If you do edit InTeenimater_B, the BCON values of 0x21 and 0x22 you will find here are not 0x8000, but 7 and 8 respectively (hence the 7 days).

oh SNAP its the creator himself!!! i followed your instructions and got it to work!!! thanks so much. i've been playing a teen sim and i love how they have just a bit more time before getting the adult interactions. thank you so much for your help, and for this brilliant mod of course