Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sixpack Script-Mod by Consort

by Consort Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 8:25 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM by Consort

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:04 PM
either EA are serious dumbasses to leave this stuff out or they just cba because they know a talented modder will fix it later ;P Either way, thank you! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by doc7924
Not sure if its this mod but I notice my needs bars don't update properly. When they are going down, even if I eat or use the toliet or sleep they don't go back up, then suddenly after a little while they update. I uninstalled the mod to see if the issue goes away. If it does then I bet the auto updating could be interferring with the update on the needs bars.

As I thought:

After I removed the mod the bars update normally. I may try reinstalling it and then use the manual update as I do love the idea behind this mod and see if the bars still update.

Hm this sound very odd.
Does this also happen when you select auto-update for your household and disable it for townies?
Does your simclock jump? Not pause and continue but..like... show 2.00pm and suddenly jump to 3.13pm?
I tried, but I can't reproduce this behaviour even when I set the intervals to 0.

Could you please tell me your patch level and the expansion packs you have installed?
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Hm this sound very odd.
Does this also happen when you select auto-update for your household and disable it for townies?
Does your simclock jump? Not pause and continue but..like... show 2.00pm and suddenly jump to 3.13pm?
I tried, but I can't reproduce this behaviour even when I set the intervals to 0.

Could you please tell me your patch level and the expansion packs you have installed?

I am up to patch 1.33 and have everything installed including showtime.
I only auto enabled my household and left the townies off.

And it doesn't happen all the time. I only noticed it because my Sim had a orange color on her hunger bar, ate a whole burger and the bar never moved. Then when I had her use the bathoroom all of a sudden the hunger bar filled like it should have. it happens like that randomly - it will work fine and then it won't. Its not a HUGE problem - but it does make it hard to tell if my Sim really is starving or not.

It hasn't happened at all since I took your mod out so it has to be something going on, maybe I have another mod that interferes? I'm not sure. I don't have any mods that add anything to the actual live gameplay, just meshes and stuff.

I still have to try it with leaving off the auto and just doing it manually.

But I have been spending WAY too much time searching and installing content instead of actual playing the game. LOL I need to get back to my fake lives.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:31 PM
Work nicely so far. Havent seen any bugs from it. Good job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 9:19 PM
Very cool great job... and thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:30 AM
make it for old version please, please, please............... T___T
my sims 3 version is WA 2.10.5.008002 (1.15.34.008002)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leonharts_E
make it for old version please, please, please............... T___T
my sims 3 version is WA 2.10.5.008002 (1.15.34.008002)

It would be easier for you to upgrade than for me to compile this for all existing versions
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emcnally
Work nicely so far. Havent seen any bugs from it. Good job

Some people have no bugs and that's great. I might have something unique in my setup maybe. I unistalled some other mods after I got bored with them, so I will give yours anothe shot and see if my problem went away. I hope it did as I said its an awesome mod and I would love to use it.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 4:01 AM
I start a new game and new female sim (no skills yet). I enable all three option at town hall. After that, I try to use the "Update Sixpack" option, and then come the notification box that says "Muscle definition: changed to 0" (something like that). Is this supposed to be like this in new game? My sim do have a little muscle definition about 0.2 in the beginning (I checked it with NRaas MasterController). Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:12 AM
The concept of this mod is awesome. I cannot wait to try it in game and see if all goes well as I read from previous post, they had some issues with their needs bar updating adequately. I will definitely post if I have similar issues. Thanks for sharing. Love the reality of actually working for those packs!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
I start a new game and new female sim (no skills yet). I enable all three option at town hall. After that, I try to use the "Update Sixpack" option, and then come the notification box that says "Muscle definition: changed to 0" (something like that). Is this supposed to be like this in new game? My sim do have a little muscle definition about 0.2 in the beginning (I checked it with NRaas MasterController). Thank you.

Yes, the mod ignores any existing muscle definition as it has no influence on the calculation.
For more detailed information click on the "Formula" spoiler
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:10 PM
This is awesome Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 8:55 AM
Thanks for making this!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:07 AM
Will definitely give this a go! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 1st May 2012 at 10:45 AM
hei hei..... why the sixpack menu is not appear in my sims, well i have tried to visible-hidden-visible again in the city hall menu, but that's menu still doesn't appear... :\
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st May 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leonharts_E
hei hei..... why the sixpack menu is not appear in my sims, well i have tried to visible-hidden-visible again in the city hall menu, but that's menu still doesn't appear... :\

You sure? That's strange
Did you click on an ordinary sim aged teen or older?
Are you on 1.33 patch level?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd May 2012 at 5:46 AM
well....
my sims 3 is on 1.19, i will try to update it to newest version............
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:13 AM Last edited by PhenomIIFX : 2nd May 2012 at 7:28 AM.
Very nice MOD! But I got one problem: I cannot use it in WA destination worlds. They don't have a city hall, so I cannot activate it. I tried to go to edit town mode and place a city hall rabbit-hole on an empty lot, but the menu does not show up. Maybe u can try associate the menu to the basecamp as well?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd May 2012 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PhenomIIFX
Maybe u can try associate the menu to the basecamp as well?

Uh yes, haven't thought of that.
Will look into that
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 3rd May 2012 at 2:29 PM
please make a separate file for those simmers who can't update their sims 3 just like me
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Uh yes, haven't thought of that.
Will look into that

or a computer
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wendylady
or a computer

lol indeed.

I have the base camp menu up and running, just need to wrap it all up for V1.

soon
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th May 2012 at 11:04 PM
Version 1 is up
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:11 PM
I downloaded version 1 for my sims, and activated the auto-update for the household and townies. When I attempted to have my sim cook a meal, there physically was no option to prepare a meal - only to open the fridge or have a quick-fix. After disabling the mod (I'm not certain if the bug was caused by the townie or household auto-update, although I think it may have been the townie), the menu options came back.

Another issue I had was if my sim was sitting in a particular seat at the table and was eating, (s)he would glitch out of the table once the meter filled up. But only that one seat, sitting one minute enjoying the meal, the next standing outside of the house wondering what just happened. Anybody else at that table would join if the person in the hot-seat glitched.

Hope this feedback helps!

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th May 2012 at 1:37 AM
@cre8
Thank you for your input!
Sims standing up in social situations has been reported before. I'm not really sure how my mod would be causing this but i'll keep testing.

The thing about the "cooking incident" sounds very strange. I'm really not doing anything to your fridge or stove with this mod

Are you on patch level 1.33?
Page 2 of 8