Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sixpack Script-Mod by Consort

by Consort Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 8:25 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM by Consort

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 1:43 AM
Version 3.11 for Workgroups is up

Redesigned 2 bits of the code, hardened the code in several places and left the error logger in for this release, tweaked other bits.

Works for me. Only could test for 2 weeks in stress mode (mod constantly panics and updates every Sim).

Apologies for every crash this mod might have caused on you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#102 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 3:11 AM
I think it's marvellous that you took the time to create a mod like this and to share it with everyone. Downloading now and will try it out and looking forward to using it!
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 2:31 PM
Will this mod work with the 1.42 patch?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:46 PM
@NoellaLeRoux
yep
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#105 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:07 AM
Version 3.22 released
Even the latest 3.11 version can crash to desktop.

I identified the problem as dead people using workout equipment as ghosts and being updated by the mod.

And no, I did not think that could ever cause a problem when I wrote the mod
Mad Poster
#106 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:56 PM
So it should be good to go with no more major crashing issues now?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#107 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
So it should be good to go with no more major crashing issues now?

Hope so. All I can say is that every version is safer than the previous one. If I identify another issue tomorrow I will release a new version.

All problems so far were related to townies being updated. Auto updating household sims seems to be safe, using the manual "update sixpack" seems to be bomb-proof. If you don't want to take any chances you may want to reflect that in your settings.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Hope so. All I can say is that every version is safer than the previous one. If I identify another issue tomorrow I will release a new version.

All problems so far were related to townies being updated. Auto updating household sims seems to be safe, using the manual "update sixpack" seems to be bomb-proof. If you don't want to take any chances you may want to reflect that in your settings.

With 3.11 -> For me autoupdate for townies made my game crash after 5 minutes loading my savegame. I've disabled that feature and no more crashes after loading/random crashes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#109 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coto39
With 3.11 -> For me autoupdate for townies made my game crash after 5 minutes loading my savegame. I've disabled that feature and no more crashes after loading/random crashes.

Could you try that savegame with 3.22 and townies enabled?
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Could you try that savegame with 3.22 and townies enabled?

I alredy changed my savegame because after reseting all with old version of Master Controller my save was corrupted (ocean object was destroyed). Twallan's now fixed that issue. But I 'll try to see what happens.
Test Subject
#111 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:32 PM
i have seasons installed its at v1.42, but i noticed that when i tell the sim to train and click the task at the top they wont stop training, i have to drag the hygiene bar all the way down before they stop. not sure if anyone else has experienced this. also im using the latest update. v3.22, ill keep playing with it a bit, but figured id mention it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#112 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 2:23 PM
does this effect the new seasons ep, stuff like tanning and sunburn? im just asking, because this mod is freakin awesome.
Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 8:22 PM
after playing with it a bit, the sim i was using has already mastered everything athletic, so it never gets tired and so on. i noticed that it doesnt stop when i cancel the action. before i said it stopped when i moved the hygiene bar down but i was wrong. in fact it didnt stop. they were actully working out at the tv and i had to turn it off before they stopped (which broke my tv lol), i tried the same sim on the tredmill and it wouldnt stop either. the only way ive seen to get them to stop is the reset sim cheat. (so for now ive disabled that sim from working out, i guess until they get somewhat fat lol)

it seems my other sims who havent mastered athletic all the way stop because of the fatigue moodlet. but i find they get buff pretty quick is there anyway to slow it down a bit to make it more realistic i suppose?

@jesusismyairbag - i havent tried tanning but i did get a sun tanned moodlet while at the pool during summer the only season ive experienced so far, but you couldnt really see any difference in skin color. i guess unless you get sunburned... but you can still see the muscles
Field Researcher
#114 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blindcat420
after playing with it a bit, the sim i was using has already mastered everything athletic, so it never gets tired and so on. i noticed that it doesnt stop when i cancel the action. before i said it stopped when i moved the hygiene bar down but i was wrong. in fact it didnt stop. they were actully working out at the tv and i had to turn it off before they stopped (which broke my tv lol), i tried the same sim on the tredmill and it wouldnt stop either. the only way ive seen to get them to stop is the reset sim cheat. (so for now ive disabled that sim from working out, i guess until they get somewhat fat lol)

it seems my other sims who havent mastered athletic all the way stop because of the fatigue moodlet. but i find they get buff pretty quick is there anyway to slow it down a bit to make it more realistic i suppose?

@jesusismyairbag - i havent tried tanning but i did get a sun tanned moodlet while at the pool during summer the only season ive experienced so far, but you couldnt really see any difference in skin color. i guess unless you get sunburned... but you can still see the muscles

thanks mate, i've just [painstakingly] checked through all my mods, this does not conflict, thus still allowing the spray tan to work!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#115 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:45 AM
@blindcat420

I have seen that problem but never repeatedly. I saw my Sims continuing to work out although I X'ed the workout interaction and it would take them 30 Sim minutes until they stopped working out.
I was actually never sure if my mod was to blame for this but it seems likely.
I will see if I can fix that in version 4.

@jesusismyairbag I only have Seasons for a couple of hours, so I couldnt test anything really. From my knowledge about the EA code everything should work fine.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:01 PM
Since this is pretty stable in general, at least for myself, is there any way we can go ahead and introduce a tuning setting that will auto-enable the mod as soon as the city hall interactions are injected? It's growing to be a pain to have to head to the city hall/base camp with each new world. =)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 1:45 AM
Using Seasons to clock some playing time with all my mods installed.
Running 10 sim weeks without a single crash in 3.22. Looks promising.

Playing a half-alien now. Guess you can see where I'm aiming with them purple shorts lol

(Sim is actually a growing teen with -.3 body height and he has gained full muscle volume according to the mild weight/fitness integration mod. Sipxpack by this mod)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#118 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 1:48 AM
@JT` Consider it as done for V4
Test Subject
#119 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:33 PM
i think its just that one sim that i have a issue with. i havent actully tried any other sims that mastered the athletic skill so cant really verify, but that sim in particular was working out when i installed the mod. so maybe thats why it gets stuck. im not really that concerned about it honestly since its just that one.

is there a way to slow down the process though? i find that when i get on a tread mill or work out at the weight machine they become super buff in one turn.

@consort - ill wait 30 sim min to see if mine stops ive never waited that long i dont think. but will see if that works. =)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#120 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 6:40 PM
Version 3.33 up
Sorry, didn't get to add stuff and changes I had planned for V4 yet.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#121 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blindcat420
i think its just that one sim that i have a issue with. i havent actully tried any other sims that mastered the athletic skill so cant really verify, but that sim in particular was working out when i installed the mod. so maybe thats why it gets stuck. im not really that concerned about it honestly since its just that one.

is there a way to slow down the process though? i find that when i get on a tread mill or work out at the weight machine they become super buff in one turn.

@consort - ill wait 30 sim min to see if mine stops ive never waited that long i dont think. but will see if that works. =)

I put up V3.33 which hopefully fixes the issue with Sims getting stuck on the treadmill for longer than planned.

For slower workout progress I suggest you search the web for XML tuning mods that modify or slow down the athletic/workout gain.
This mod takes no direct influence on anything thats happening in the game, it just paints on the muscles depending on the existing values.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:34 AM
I can't get your mod to even work now. It's annoying.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
I can't get your mod to even work now. It's annoying.

The mod works perfectly. You just have it but desactivated. You should go to Town Hall -> ConsortMod -> and enabled the mod for your household, and/or all the townies, and make the interaction to update manually the values of muscular definition (re-calculate on demand) (the interaction will appear when you click on every human/supernatural sim (not animals)
Field Researcher
#124 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coto39
The mod works perfectly. You just have it but desactivated. You should go to Town Hall -> ConsortMod -> and enabled the mod for your household, and/or all the townies, and make the interaction to update manually the values of muscular definition (re-calculate on demand) (the interaction will appear when you click on every human/supernatural sim (not animals)

Thank you, I know how the mod works. I've had it working fine before. the option just won't show up in game now. Which folder does it go in?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#125 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
Thank you, I know how the mod works. I've had it working fine before. the option just won't show up in game now. Which folder does it go in?

Have you re-installed your game per chance?

Do any other mods work? Maybe this link helps. Perhaps you have to set up your mod framework.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

My mod goes in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder where your other .package mods live.
Page 5 of 8