Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 5:04 PM
I have some questions as well...
Well, Im not quite sure, if this is the right place to ask them, but...:

1. When I create the chancecards there are all the abilitys on the right site besides the two possible answers. What happens, if I fill in there something else than zero? Maxis carriers have zero everywhere.

2. How can I influence the chance, an answer to be good or bad?

3. How can I influence the bonus when a sim gets a better job?

I hope you can help me.

(Please use simple words, because my English is not sooo extremly good! Thanx)
Advertisement
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#177 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tschutschu
Well, Im not quite sure, if this is the right place to ask them, but...:

1. When I create the chancecards there are all the abilitys on the right site besides the two possible answers. What happens, if I fill in there something else than zero? Maxis carriers have zero everywhere.

2. How can I influence the chance, an answer to be good or bad?

3. How can I influence the bonus when a sim gets a better job?

I hope you can help me.

(Please use simple words, because my English is not sooo extremly good! Thanx)

1. I'll have to answer this one tommorow- it's late in the UK, and I think it will help if I provide some pictures to make my info clearer

2+3. Unfortunately, you cannot alter the chance of an event being good or bad- it's a 50:50 chance. the same goes with the bonus- a bonus is double the amount of money a sim gets paid at that job level.

Hope this helps,

SuperFly

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#178 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:02 AM
Career Editor isn't active in my SimPE. I downloaded all the plugins and whatnot and put them in my plugins folder and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#179 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
1. I'll have to answer this one tommorow- it's late in the UK, and I think it will help if I provide some pictures to make my info clearer

2+3. Unfortunately, you cannot alter the chance of an event being good or bad- it's a 50:50 chance. the same goes with the bonus- a bonus is double the amount of money a sim gets paid at that job level.

Hope this helps,

SuperFly

Thanx!
I'm waiting impatiently for your explanations about number one...
The other things do help, yeah. If it's impossible, I do not longer have to wonder, how I can do. And I never realized before, that the bonus is twice the daily pays...

Thank you again,
Tschutschu
Test Subject
#180 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karmasinc
Career Editor isn't active in my SimPE. I downloaded all the plugins and whatnot and put them in my plugins folder and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Did you download Bidous Carrier Editor? It should be selectable in tools.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#181 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 8:40 PM
Does this picture help? If not, just ask me to explain properly -

Test Subject
#182 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Karmasinc : 15th Nov 2005 at 2:00 AM. Reason: adding a question
Quote: Originally posted by Tschutschu
Did you download Bidous Carrier Editor? It should be selectable in tools.
I've tried that TWICE.......it's listed on my tool menu but it's always greyed out and i can't select it. Where does the plug-in go? Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place.
Test Subject
#183 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 6:10 AM Last edited by Tschutschu : 15th Nov 2005 at 6:18 AM.
@ Superfly:
No, unfortunately that doesn't help, because I already know, how the effects work. In the same screen is a second skill point list. You cut this part off. Its below you can choose the propability the card will be shown. In Maxis carrers there is always "0", but you can alter this to positive numbers. And I wanted to know, what happens, if I do so.
But I do have a second question on the part of the screen you showed above: Can there be problems if I trie to remove a skillpoint and the sim doesn't have one?

@ Karmasinc:
I only downloaded SimPE 0.50.something and the carrier editor, extracted both and installed simpe. Then it worked already (Using the orange sign). I didn't have to put the carrier editor anywhere else. I don't know, if that helps you, but maybe someone else has an idea for you.

Tschutschu
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#184 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 7:43 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't realise which part you were talking about Those points I believe are the skills you need for a card to come up, i.e 3 cooking and 2 mechanical. I always leave it blank.

The skill points- if you minus a point forom a sim who has no points in that area, nothing happens- there's no "negative skills" so to speak.

Test Subject
#185 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:39 AM
Okay, Thanx again.
Test Subject
#186 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 1:50 AM
I'm not sure what I did.......just started opening files and moving things around.......and somehow Career Editor opened. I have no idea what I did and I really don't care. It works now and that's all that matters. Now I can get started on me series of Careers. Thank you Tschutschu for trying to help.
#187 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WackoMagnifico
I haven't really found my way on this forum yet so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I have a problem making custom careers
I downloaded this tutorial maid for SimPE 0.33
But I have SimPE 5.somethingsomething alpha
and a lot of the stuff in the tutorial just isn't there
and some things just don't work
for example; I tried to open a package.xml from a set of extracted files and the system just crashed
this hasn't anything to do with my computer being crappy cause I'm a .net programmer and that requires a lot of strenght at some times.
is there a way to get SimPE 0.33 so I could just follow the tutorial or are there existing tutorials for my version, or better versions
I don't know
All I want is to make a custom carreer, any help on that is appreciated
greets
WackoMagnifico

PS : please respond using PM so I'll notice it directly
thanks

I have the same problem, should I just go get .33? I'd like to see an updated verion of this thing cuz my random messings around are bound to get me in huge trouble.
Test Subject
#188 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 5:58 AM
Try not to open the file with the orange S but the classic version. That seems to be more similar to older versions. You find it normally at programs/simpe/the second one in the list.

Hope that helps
Tschutschu
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:30 AM
Does this work safely with NightLife please? I would like to make some careers but dare not screw up my game?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#190 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:44 AM
Hey, don't wory about making mistakes- we all make them. If something goes wrong, just remove the career from your downloads and try again. This tutorial works fine with NL, and is a good all round guide.

If you need any assistance with careers, just drop me a PM

SuperFly

Test Subject
#191 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 3:59 PM
Hey,

Is this Tuturial compatible to Nightlife?

Greets,
Kadde

Ps.: I'm from Germany, but I can read this tuturial very well. Good Job!

EDIT: Oh, I should read a bit better! I didn't see, that the answer of my question is one message before mine! ^.^ And sorry for my bad english.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#192 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 4:06 PM
Yes, this tutorial is compatible with Nightlife, although bidou's editor makes career creation a lot easier. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* that psion will post a new tutorial that covers the new SimPE gui, making it more relevant than this one (which still works well for me)

Lab Assistant
#193 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 4:46 PM
question....i downloaded the base files did the changes i needed to do using bidou's plugin, changed the guid, changed the group id but it is over writing the athletics career in game and also another career i made. what am i doing wrong? I followed the extensive tutorial "Generate initial Career Package" and Used Bidou's plugin for the details, and then went to "GUID and Group ID" (followed exactly). Help!!!!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#194 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diplacesims
question....i downloaded the base files did the changes i needed to do using bidou's plugin, changed the guid, changed the group id but it is over writing the athletics career in game and also another career i made. what am i doing wrong? I followed the extensive tutorial "Generate initial Career Package" and Used Bidou's plugin for the details, and then went to "GUID and Group ID" (followed exactly). Help!!!!

Post your career here or in my own thread, and I'll take a peek at it for you

Lab Assistant
#195 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:15 AM Last edited by diplacesims : 29th Nov 2005 at 1:10 AM.
ok the two are in the rar file. I really appreciate you looking at it. It is not my career. I tried fixing the original that i got from a download somewhere. I'm the download queen. I am not trying to take credit for the career....i just want it to work in my game. it will not be posted anywhere. anyway i tried using the fix pre-ep tutorial and it did the same thing then i did what i said in the earlier post.

update: the original package .... the group ID was "0xFFFFFFFF" it finally works now with the "update original career" tutorial. but why is the ones i did not working.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#196 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 7:34 AM
I've had a look at the two files- both files have a lot of junk in them (stuff you don't want.) The group ID for each one varies, and this is causing the problem. I don't think I can work with these files. If you can, link me to the files you want converted, and I’ll have a look for you

Lab Assistant
#197 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:22 PM Last edited by diplacesims : 29th Nov 2005 at 1:08 AM.
this is the base file that i downloaded from here. and then i extracted the text lists from the original one.

am i doing something wrong or is this base file filled with stuff i dont need
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:26 PM
by the way....thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#199 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 3:50 PM
Hi

The career you have is by p00jkins, correct? (http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...light=hair+care)

I think you may have the old version of it, that isn't EP compatible. Follow the link, download the files and try them out (removing the old files you ahve posted here.) I think that should sort the problem

Lab Assistant
#200 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 1:06 AM
ok thanks, wasnt sure where i got them.
Page 8 of 14