Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#226 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 4:56 AM
When my sims stopped interacting with objects. They stopped fixing the beds, they stopped getting the mail, they stopped driving their cars...it was weird, and I immediately got rid of the game for the fear it could get worse.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 9:47 AM
OMG! I totally forgot to mention this one! There was this toddler that Maxis made...and it would go to EVERYONE'S house and float in mid air and then pick up a newspaper and then fall down then crawl and repeat! I was so annoyed by it that I killed the toddler with boolprop....I'm evil lol >=D
Test Subject
#228 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 4:08 AM
The Kim family in Belladona Cove has a cat called Cheezta or something, she recently died in my game, then my next play was the Contender house, nobody in that house belonged to Kim family, then the cat walked through front door, came in front of my sim and looked at her, I put cursor over that cat head, it said "Kim", then I let my sim chased it off. That's so scarry, hopefully there's no ghost in my computer.
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 2:22 PM
I guess I'm pretty lucky, I haven't had anything too bad. But when I tried to hack the camera my game crashed =( I am such a noob xD

Singing in the rain! x3
Undead Molten Llama
#230 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 4:46 PM
I must live a charmed life. In the two years I've been playing I've never had any glitches...and I've never downloaded any EA patches, just some player-made hacks to fix some EA bugs/stupidities. And I have a ton of CC on certain user accounts and my game's hacked to hell and back, so I'm surprised that I haven't had any. But the worst I've ever had is bad downloaded lots that crash my game, but that's not the game's fault. Oh, and occasionally when a Sim gets up from eating at the dinner table, they do this weird deep knee bend, but I don't know if that's a glitch or a problem with the CC table and/or chair.

But judging from this thread...I kinda want some glitches because they seem hilarious.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#231 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:12 AM
This glitch doesn't scare me as much as it pisses me off! I hate it when my sims get stuck at work. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I have to move the family out and then re-furnish everything. It's just a pain in the ass.
Field Researcher
#232 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:02 AM
Messing around in CAS. Suddenly everything except the sim's face disappeared, and the floating flap of skin zoomed out and got smaller until there was no sim, only that which is beyond the CAS screen. Outside, in-game, my scrolling was screwed, backwards. That is to say, if I scrolled up, the camera would pan down and vice-versa for all the controls. Quite alarming.
Screenshots

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:28 PM
I just DL'ed a hack, from Inge Jones. It was the lockers hack and can be found here . So, i downloaded it for BV, my current latest ep. Then i installed AL, and i forgot to update the hack . Then all apartment doors got an error message when placed. I really 'ed. Then i moved in some sims into Bella's Belle Townhomes (or whatever the name is) and when i rented the apartment. Then i got another error message. Then i 'ed. Later, i noted the rent apartment option wasn't anymore. I deleted it and it worked correctly. Also, with a Gypsy Potion Mod, the option ''Gipsy Potion Statistics'' was even avaliable at restaurant chefs. Kinda weird.
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:40 PM
The mom was potty training a todler and the todler just sat there and frose. I couldn't make her do anything and neither could the parents. I had to make the family move so the social worker wouldn't take her away.

A simmaliar thing happened when one of the sims was washing a dog. The sims could get in the tub too. The dog just stood there in the bathtub and all his needs went to red and he got taken away.

Sometimes sims will go to bed and never get out so I have to make the move.
Test Subject
#235 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 1:38 AM
A while ago whenever I pressed the video button it would turn everything BLACK. It was easily fixed by quitting without saving, but if you saved......your house was pretty much dead cause you could hardly see anything. I still don't know what caused it, or why it stopped.
Instructor
#236 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:44 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch. Once I had an adult son go back to visit his father and grandfather after he had moved out. While he was visiting, dad and gramps went to bed, and sonny boy picked up one of their puppies, stared it in the face, and walked out of the house and off down the sidewalk. Still holding the puppy up in front of him and grinning at it like an idiot.

I quit without saving and when I restarted both puppies were back where they were supposed to be. But I didn't know a sim could steal a pet.
Scholar
#237 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sooty1987
mine is when the paper kid kept putting papers everywhere, as soon as he/she put one down...it went gray (became recycleable) and then he put another one down.

When i killed him off using the voodoo bottle, you could still see the papers being put down. Papers where like everywhere all over the front lawn, and when that was filled the papers began appearing inside the house near the front door.

that all happened after i installed bv

That was a conflict with... InSim or InTeen, I believe. Probably InTeen, because I remember that happening in my game right after I installed BV, and crying because I had to play vanilla until they updated the mod.
Field Researcher
#238 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:51 AM
Glitches are hilarious! One time, My sim was bathing a dog, and the dog wouldn't leave the tub. It just kept bubbling, and my sim even had a bath with the dog.

Three equals four.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#239 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
When my sims stopped interacting with objects. They stopped fixing the beds, they stopped getting the mail, they stopped driving their cars...it was weird, and I immediately got rid of the game for the fear it could get worse.

Was your 'hood called Miranda? (Firefly/Serenity reference if you don't understand )

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Instructor
#240 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 12:31 AM Last edited by lg135 : 20th Jan 2010 at 1:45 AM.
This happened on my old game on my old computer - when I loaded the lot a sim had a flowerpot sticking out of his head. I don't know why, but I just found that especially disturbing... but when I went into buy mode it was selectable, so I grabbed it and deleted it.

I thought it was because of his custom hair, bu it happened again with a paperboy, only he had a computer in his abdomen. AFAIK, the paperboy had no custom on him at all. :shrug:

*edit*

Also, this has happened a few time when I'm on an apartment lot and the neighbors glitch an won't go back inside and pass out every 12 hours... well every so often, the game-events window will pop up focusing on that neighbor and will not go away. So when I zoom to the neighbor, they are staring at you. And will not stop. I mean, when you turn the camera they turn with you. It's terribly creepy, but the way I fix it is temporarily selecting them, run into their apartment, fill up their needs, then run back out. When I deselect them, they return back to normal.
Test Subject
#241 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 1:43 AM
I'd have to say what happened in this video here: Infants playing video games.

GTFO, MY SIGNATURE.
No, seriously. It's mine.
YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY.
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 2:10 AM
Huh... I had played for a whole day straight then sevral times my toddlers walked out of the house , went to the trash can. and froze there. So... i just deleted them( What a father i am...) then everything went somoothly! xD Until the mother got pregnant with twins. Thyen the cycle went on after birth. So i moved them all out and 'wella'. No Glitch. I had seriously laughed my ass off every time the baby stood there. Social worker came, could not pick baby up. She left then i deleted them.

"If you want to be a hero, you must have dreams... and honor. Embrace your dreams. " - Angeal
Instructor
#243 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 2:31 AM
BreatheHorror, those are insane. There is something endearing about the little black stick-child. XD What's her name?
Scholar
#244 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:14 PM
Hehe. A glitch I just had was, well does anyone know Carlos Contender? I was being one of the premade families and had just moved in, and Carlos came by in the welcome wagon. Then later that day he invited me to go out to Downtown with him. So I went to Lombaste, or whatever that fancy restaurant is in Downtown. But unfortunately, you know that toddler, Carlos' great-nephew I think? Yeah, he was there. And he decided to order spagetti after sitting down in a chair (he didn't get out of the taxi, he was already by the mailbox) but he didn't eat it! Then we tried to leave but he couldn't get in to the taxi so everyone was there till 3 am waiting, then I used boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false, and moveobjects, and deleted that kid and the taxi was out of there before I knew it But the kid arrived home safely, hehe.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#245 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:26 PM
my whole game turned white once, first all the thought bubbles got whted out, then this one dress, then certain pair of shoes, then all of a sudden the whole screen was white except for the sims themselves and the furniture

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Instructor
#246 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:57 PM
My sim was on a uni comm lot. Date had just ended, and he asked the sim if she needed a ride home. Then he had to run to the final exam. Date left. When he got back, he called a taxi, but after he got in, it would reset because the date was no longer on lot to go home with him. Had to exit without saving and redo it all. The date had gone so well, too.
Field Researcher
#247 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:13 AM
Oh, I remember one glitch that spooked me. I had Bon Voyage installed, and at that time it was the only EP I had. My sim was in her house, and Mrs Crumplebottom appeared on my property. She was wearing her Athletic outfit and was wandering aimlessly around the back yard. Whenever I tried to interact with her, it would cancel out.

Three equals four.
Test Subject
#248 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:58 PM
I'm not quite sure how to post pictures, but when I'll do I'll post mine.

I had a child, that was stuck in toddler state. She was the size of a child but crawled, potty trained etc. Her parents were teaching a child how to talk.

Odd.
Test Subject
#249 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 5:30 PM
Oh I take pictures of ALL my glitches.. but this has to be my favorite.

lol!
Broke his neck... good job mummy
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 6:24 PM
Not sure if its a glitch or my sister joking around, but I was buying stuff for a dorm, went away for a little bit, came back, and EVERYTHING in the two story dorm was ON THE GROUND or in the WRONG place!

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Page 10 of 25