Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
When my Sim went invisible, there was still the glow of the gem on his head, though.
Scared me for a sec, but then I thought it was cool :D

:D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:30 AM
I moved a family into the apartments where the Cleveland's live and theres a vacant apartment on the first level and well

They are all of the same sim and she hates herself! She keeps fighting each of the other of herself and each day more and more of her keep showing up (what a mouthful). There's about 15 of her right now.
Sorry for the crappy pictures, I wasn't too worried with getting great pictures.
BUT they won't take care of themselves, all they do is fight and then go to work so eventually they will die. Hopefully anyways.
Test Subject
#153 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:35 AM
^^ LOL! Evil pissy clones!

The scariest glitches I've had... let's see... The sheets looking like they've still got a body in them, even though there's nobody in them...
The nanny flickering in and out of being invisible, and her face being invisible when the rest of her WAS visible- then she nearly burnt the house down while everybody was asleep... (I fired her pretty quickly after that. )
And now I've got the disappearing Sims problem. D: In one house, first my teenager and his little sister vanished... then the whole family vanished... in some cases, even the houses have gone... I think it's time for a re-install. Hope I get them back :/
Scholar
#154 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM
Most of my sims in riverblossom hills just dissapeared! The pictures are there but they're not in the households. I think the game randomly deleted character files! Ah well, i've accepted it now.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#155 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM Last edited by Bluelfears : 15th Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM. Reason: spelling and grammatical errors
My scariest "glitch" was when I had just moved a child's bedroom into the attic, he got up the stairs alright to go to sleep but come morning when his mum had made breakfast, the action kept on cancelling.
Then I got his grandma to make breakfast (his mum was pregnant at the time, and my pregnancies are always glitchy) but it kept on cancelling. I was so worried he was going to starve, because he was my first third gen Sim (I rarely play families past 2 gens).
I removed all my hacks - but that just caused the lot to load indefinitely, and I was worried I'd have to move them out and in again, and they'd worked so hard to get to where they were.
After putting back all the hacks and going in and trying again, I realised I had the Apartment Life secret bookcase door at the bottom of the stairs, and he couldn't get down because that was in the way. The weird thing is that he didn't do the waving the arms at me because something was in the way, just all his actions relating to something downstairs cancelled as soon as they got in the queue.
After a little remodelling, he can get downstairs no problem
Test Subject
#156 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:15 PM
I have two weird glitches. Mind you, I have no custom content nor hacks, so this is purely game glitches.

The first one was one of my toddlers (the female in the set of twins) somehow glitched while getting her diaper changed, and was sitting on the floor naked blurred out. I couldn't do anything with her, my sims couldn't pick her up, she couldn't move, but the dogs could still cuddle and sniff her. So I waited until her and her brother grew up later that day, but she even when she grew up, she was still naked and fuzzed out and couldn't do anything. So I moved the dad and her out and back in to keep everything the same in the house. Then she was fine.

The other happened last night. My sim married this sim and they had twins, then I had them try for another, and everything was fine, going good, until she was born. Both parents were a light complexion, and the baby came out dark, with brown eyes, and they both had green. I figured it was recessive genes from the dad, because the mom was a 2nd gen of my creation, but no, there was no black relative of his. So I checked the baby's family tree, and the dad was someone completely different, someone the mom had never even met, cuz I went through her memories and her relationships. It's weird.
Test Subject
#157 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:27 PM
Hmm the weridest glitch i've ever had was when one of my male sims suddenly got pregnant and gave birth to an Alien Baby when he hadn't been abducted
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:30 PM
The "main character" for my neighbourhood legacy story disappeared. She was a child and when I started playing the family she was still available on the list but you couldn't see her or tell her to do anything. There was an option for her to "go here, run here, skip here" etc. but the action would get cancelled. I panicked a little but discovered it was a glitch when exporting her with SimPE. I deleted the savedsim files and she showed up again.
Test Subject
#159 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:45 PM
I once had this family that i played for many many generations, and early on, i made the mistake of drowning the NPC Tosha Go in my swimming pool. I was using the Monty's house, with a pool inside the middle courtyard-thingy. When she died, i deleted the tombstone, but she continued to haunt my pool (minus the ghost figure). every night, you could hear her (but never see her) and puddles of water would appear everywhere, inluding on the concrete out the front of the property, and the maid would spend all day cleaning them up =S soooooo frustrating

"Life goes by pretty fast, if you don't stop, and look around once in a while, and do whatever you want, all the time, you could miss it."
Eric Cartman
Field Researcher
#160 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:38 AM
not a glitch, but certainly something weird. My created vampire was on a date with Malcolm Landgrabb IV, when suddenly she runs off, follows the Grand Vampire into the bathroom, and picks a fit with her! Now neither my vamp nor Malcolm knew the Grand Vampire. And apparently my sim won, because the Contessa turned into a bat and flew away. I'm sure it has something to do with my sim having 2 nice points, but it was really funny

By melethana at 2009-06-27

EPs I have: All of them! OMG, Ultimate Collection!
Test Subject
#161 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:45 AM
The most bizarre glitch I've had was in my zombie apocalypse neighborhood. One of the men was bathing the dog, and after he finished, decided to take a bath himself. The dog apparently didn't get the memo about his bath being over and kept the man company while dazzling him with his magically bubbling fur. I guess if you're surviving the aftermath of an apocalypse, a little thing like sharing bathwater with a dog is the least of your concerns...

Another one appeared once my scientist reached the silver robot badge. It gave him the option to break or attack the "Red Pepper Soup with Mushrooms." Everytime I chose it, it brought me to the sentrybot screen. I assume it's a tiny interference in my downloads folder, but it's not hurting anything, so I just leave it be. Well, maybe the soup would object. But I can live with that.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:29 AM
My friend's sim had her face stuck in the "Oh No you didn't! I'm angry at you and pointing" pose!. She would take showers, eat breakfast, even SLEEP with an angry face and pointed finger. IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

I haven't had any glitches in TS2. My last glitch, that I remember fondly, was in TS1. Mrs. Crumplebottom's head was on a naked tan body in downtown, inside the candy store. It was so weird. She has a pretty hot body for a 60-some year old woman though.
Site Helper
#163 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:29 PM
I've seen that! "Miss" Crumplebottom was actually male! lol

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
I dont know about you but i freak out when the game tells me there is an error, (That cancel, reset, delete thing) SometimeI dont play the game for a couple weeks cos im scared it might happen again. The first time i used cc i made a test subject family. half of them died to due to a incenderay bomb thing i was testing out, and I grew attatched to them. I had insim and i bought the shopping mall, but that error thing popped up every 3 seconds, so i quit, never to play again for about a year
Instructor
#165 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
I think it's a conflict between two mods I have, but I like it! For some reason, now when two sims marry, they don't auto move-in with each other. Which I really like, because I often forget to go back and have the movee collect his/her things first.

However, this one I'm not so fond of:

No one in the Broke family even knew him at the time.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:15 AM Last edited by heytuesday : 7th Jul 2009 at 11:31 AM.
the worst glitch i had was a few years ago, about 4 or so. i never really found the cause for it, considering i had no hacks or cc whatsoever, but i just assume how it happened.
my friend and i were playing around when creating sims, and we decided to make ugly sims, with huge eyes, massive noses, big lips etc.
after we made that family, the whole game just started screwing over graphics-wise. wallpapers and floorings wouldn't show up, instead it was just the regular gray wall like when a new wall is built, and the normal wood flooring. it was even the same in create-a-sim, there was no brick walls, it was just gray.
i ended up having to uninstall the game.

another glitch which isn't really a glitch was when i would try to enter really large houses, it would be in the loading screen, then an error would pop up and say that the game had to be terminated. i didn't have any cc or hacks at this point either, so i never made or entered any remotely big lots after that.
Scholar
#167 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BR_FL
If you have OFB, he might have bought those items at a shop as a customer (though i dont know if townies keep the items in their inventories like playable sims).
For me, the creepiest glitch was when this one sim didnt take their eyes off me. Everywhere that sim waked and everything she did, she continued staring at me as sims periodically do. I had to reset that sim with oh so wonderful boolprop. Too bad i didn't take pics :frying:

She was looking at *you* personally? That WOULD be creepy and kind of Twilight Zone-ish. It makes me wonder if "they" are "aware" of us...<shudder>...oh geez, now I'm kind of creeped out at the thought of playing my sims.. down...here..in..the..basement..by..myself. I'll wake up one of the kids and make them come down and play video games or something.

Yesterday I had something kind of glitchy happen. I finally found the Oldies family in Pleasantview a home and played them. Herb Oldie was talking on the phone to his daughter and he died while he was talking on the phone. When his wife went to use the phone there was no handset...so apparently you *can* take it with you! I had to go into buy mode, delete it and buy a new one.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Site Helper
#168 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:13 PM
Somehow the thought of a ghost with a telepohone is fascinating. Too bad they can't actually use it, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#169 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:05 AM
I had several people die all at once on the porch of an apartment because there were so many of them all together there no one could really move. None of them were my Sims either. The kids missed school and the parents missed work.
Instructor
#170 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by astrognash
However, this one I'm not so fond of:

[snipped]

No one in the Broke family even knew him at the time.

I think that's fairly normal if another sim who knew him and was attracted to him spoke to someone in the Broke family. I've had the same sort of thing happen in my game, which led to sims heart-farting over their parents.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeathGAWD
When my Sim went invisible, there was still the glow of the gem on his head, though.
Scared me for a sec, but then I thought it was cool :D

that happened to me today!
i was a bit confused, but then i just sat back and watched, it looked funny, books and plates carrying themselves. :D
Field Researcher
#172 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christx101
weird glitch just happened while I was playing just now sim baby was born black then once I save and leave the house and go back the baby is white?

*insert obligatory Michael Jackson joke here*
Test Subject
#173 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM
You know that weird glitch where you can change family's faces beyond the expected limits? (E.G Gigantic nose) Well I had a family of cyclopses with no face apart from their eye (Their eyes were combined into one and their forehead was pulled down over their face, I just pretended they were robots)

The two robots, male and female, had a nice life together until the sound of lullabies played. She was pregnant with a freakish robot cyclops child. I was excited to see if the child would look like them or even worse, but when it was time for him to be born...

...The game crashed.

I loaded the save and tried again. CRASH

I tried again. CRASH

It seems that the child was so utterly horrible that reality itself couldn't take it. I wasn't that attached to the cyclops robots, but I was a bit angry that I'd spent all of that time making their freakish faces for nothing.
Theorist
#174 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:31 AM
My sim, Helen Mayberry, gave birth to her second son. Problem was, she gave birth to a duplicate sim. Meaning, her first son looks IDENTICAL to her second son.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Scholar
#175 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:14 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not...at the very least it's something that surprised me....I got up to answer the phone and apparently forgot to pause my game. I was playing in Belladonna Cove, so I merged my new sim with another household because everything affordable had been moved into already. When I got back, the guy that "owned" the house was making out with the girl sim that had just moved in. I've never had my sims do that unless I direct them to do it...and I don't have hacks or cheats going on. Weird, yet funny. My sims are pervs...who knew!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Page 7 of 25