Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:49 PM Last edited by leefish : 8th Jan 2014 at 10:19 AM.
Default Placing multi-tile floors
I'm posting this on behalf of Vie, who listened to me ranting about multi-tile floors just being totally borked, and, despite my protesting that it was TOTALLY BUSTED, managed to get it through my thick skull that there was still a way to place your 2x2 and 5x5 floors every time, without things ending up all caterwampus and higgledypiggledy. The text below are his - all thanks to Vie!

The Pets expansion added Rotatable floors as a new feature. However, the down side of this as many of you have found is that multi-tile floors often become disarranged and out of order!

Shock and Horror!

Its simply a matter of laying out the floor you want with a cheap floor then take the multi tile floor you want. Hover over the area and hold down "Shift" - this now shows you the floor as it will appear.

Now you may notice that the floor is out of order, no problem! simply let go of shift and rotate the tile. Now press shift... ..still out of order? then just let go of shift and turn it again until you get it back into the right order!

Simple once you know how isn't it?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:09 PM
Glad to be of service, hope its usefull.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:31 PM Last edited by niol : 6th Nov 2006 at 1:50 PM.
So, the multitiled tiles will still work under the default direction?
Seemingly, a new type of modular multi-tiles is the coming challenge...

The problem seems to be that the floor tile rotation acts on the a 1x1 grid template as the parameter instead of doing a roataional filtering of the texture.
It appears he rotation feature was impremented at a wrong point/step of the floor tile in-game presentation.

The feature is added there but is a mess coz I suspect they never use and play.
How all these weren't discovered when the EP was publicly "evaluated" in a game conference or something?

Or, the pets just draw too much attentions or something? After all, it's a pet EP... And they surely didn't lie about the presence of the features. They're there even though probably broken or messy..

I guess I've heard more bad news on the build mode for pets...
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:20 PM
HP Thanks for the floor info. I've needed that.

Niol - EA Games is a business. They are very concerned with meeting shipping deadlines and come out with bug fixes later if they can't resolve it by ship date.

My son worked at EA on a standard term contract. They hire a bunch of people on short contracts for 3 and 6 months and let them go. They only hire a very few permanent people. The testers, all programmers, get handed a bunch of stuff to test, usually at the last minute. They have to bug test as many things as possible and they hand that back to the design crew. The design crew determines if it is something they can resolve and package before ship date and fix it. If they can't fix it by ship date.. they note it and roll it out with the patch later. Oh yea, Sims 2 is only one of many games they sell.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 6:50 PM
I just realised the shipping deadline may not be set by the company but something alse...
If it's set by the company, then it's managerial problem that they often can barely have sufficient times to develop potent things completely on time.

The short contract term may explain why there're problems for backward compatibility and why the working teams haven't sufficient times to understand what they're doing...
Coz this game is definitely very complex when compared to other games.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 1:52 PM
Whoa that's awesome! I was actually wondering if that was possible... haven't installed the Pets EP yet haha thanks guys
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:28 PM
uh oh... I dont think the video likes me....

This completely cofuzzled me too.... I thought I downloaded a bad file to the game..... thank got it's not me.

So, what kind of file is this video? WMP wont play it.

There is a fine line between sane and insane, I believe I have erased that line.

"Weasling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasle."
- Homer Simpson
<BR>
Midnight Agenda
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midnightagenda
uh oh... I dont think the video likes me....

This completely cofuzzled me too.... I thought I downloaded a bad file to the game..... thank got it's not me.

So, what kind of file is this video? WMP wont play it.

Neeeever mind.... it's a .avi file... I see.
now I just need an .avi player.

There is a fine line between sane and insane, I believe I have erased that line.

"Weasling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasle."
- Homer Simpson
<BR>
Midnight Agenda
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:32 AM
Did this change with Seasons? Because hovering over the tile and hitting shift is doing bupkis for me. I really want to have the new Seasons tiles as area rugs but this is really confusing.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:38 AM
It works with SSn like with Pets, no pblems

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM
Your link is now to a video of an invisible social bunny juggling dolls.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 6:12 PM
the video link does not work.. please someone fix it...lol.. I cant get my seasons or pets floors to work.. they wont rotate no matter what i try.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 6:43 PM
Select a tile then rotate it with usual rotation keys (depends on keyboads mine is french) before placing it

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 4:39 AM
How to Rotate tiles:

Select tile and hover where you'd like to place it (but don't lay it down yet.) Hit the "," (comma) key or the "." key to rotate it left or right, respectively. (This rotating can also be done with objects.)
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 4:56 PM
thanks for the tips, it really helps me!!