Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:08 PM Last edited by CokeBuilder : 20th Jul 2008 at 5:47 PM.
Default Tutorial: domes, dummy levels, and boolproped roofs.
Hello everyone! I've gotten so many PMs and comments on my lots that are constantly asking me, "how did you do that?" I actually made this tutorial quite a while ago and uploaded it to the Sims2.com official site, but I will post it here and put a link in my signature so that you can ask me any specific question you have. Hopefully this will reduce the number of comments and PMs I get asking how to do stuff.

Here is the tutorial itself: Link

Here are some examples of what this tutorial will show you how to do:

Dummy levels

Sloped roofs

Arches

Domes

And the sloped glass roofs

Please feel free to ask any questions here and I will try to answer them!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 3:03 AM
Thanks! I can do domes now!

And your married?

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:09 AM
Thanks.^^
I love your houses, and how detailed they are.
Keep on building!
:]
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 5:41 AM
Thanks soooo very much!! Now off to build !! :D*Twitch*...lol

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 9:52 PM
I searched and didn't see anything about this, so hope it's okay to ask this here. I'm trying to make the dummy walls as in the first part of this tut (which is very helpful btw! have bookmarked it) with Apartment Life (unpatched, no hacks), and it doesn't seem like the constrainFloorElevation cheat is working. Did it get broken in some recent EP?
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:44 PM
Are you sure that your typing it correctly?

" boolProp constrainFloorElevation false "

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.