Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Sep 2008 at 4:11 PM.
Default Mutiple Alternative Road Styles in One Neighborhood (MARS)
“I made this because I wanted to....”, seems to be how lot of things start in the Sims2. What “I wanted to” do was recreate my real life neighborhood. I live out in the country where there are a huge lots and many different road styles.
I found several mods that would change all the roads in a neighborhood. There seemed to be no way to put dirt, gravel, pavement or other road styles all together in one neighborhood. Well now there is a way to do it using Mootilda's wonderful LotAdjuster. This tutorial will show you how.

This method has been tested with all Expansion packs up to Bon Voyage.

Winterhart
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MARS.rar (2.95 MB, 309 downloads) - View custom content

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Sep 2008 at 6:52 PM. Reason: add pictures
No comments? Is this tutorial working well for everyone?

Winterhart, have you seen the new Apartment Life alley neighborhood decorations?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 8:58 PM
Default Apartment Life
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
No comments? Is this tutorial working well for everyone?
I don't know, but it has one more download today than it did yesterday.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Winterhart, have you seen the new Apartment Life alley neighborhood decorations?

I haven't seen them and I don't intend to by that or any more expansions. I am working on my country house to upload.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 1:50 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Sep 2008 at 5:37 AM. Reason: clarification
I guess that the assumption is that everything is working well and no one needs help.

I find the new Apartment Life alley neighborhood decorations very difficult to place, unlike the roads in your tutorial. It's obvious that the game developers / testers also find them difficult to place, since the edges often have gaps or overlaps.

As well, there's a possibility that they negatively affect the value of your nearby lots.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:01 AM
Wow! I've always wanted to do something like this: I live in a cul-de-sac and there is a huge farm-like home behind ours, with the "driveway" just a two-meter gap between two houses.
Although it's very confusing, I'll give it a go on the weekend when my head's devoid of math.