Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 2:01 AM
Default Who is your fave band/singer/musician?
As you probably know, BRUNO MARS!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE HIM!! :lovestruc

So, who are your favorites?

"Mars just kinda came to me. Cos i'm out of this world" ~Bruno Mars. I am obsessed. LEGIT!
MY FULL NAME SHALL BE DEVON PINKAMINA VALERIE MARS
Currently Listening to: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars Mood: Sexy :P
Brony, Hooligan, and Little Monster <3
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 3:43 AM
Vocaloid
ALI Project
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 7:40 PM
Anouk - Amazing! It's really strange that she isn't famous in america but in Holland she sure is! Check out her songs > "Michel" is really beautiful ( she looks a bit creepy) and if you want to see the other side of her you must see "Nobody's wife" O gosh I love that song! I'm going to listen to her right now

And I like this one song from the spindoctors > two princess

O and an other dutch band > Racoon with the song Laugh about it

As I think about it, we have lots of talent here,.
Actually the dutch Nick&Simon tried to break trough in america in one week,, but of course they didn't had enough time. Their dutch fans needed them again (simon is the cutest one, though I think they both are handsome :lovestruc )

Do you have nice only-famous-in your countrie singers?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:59 AM
Oh, I have a couple of Anouk songs in my collection. I like her voice!

Right now I really like Devotchka. They have this cool blend of Latin, gypsy and rock influences, and the lead singer's unusual voice has grown on me. They're sort of like a cross between Calexico and Gogol Bordello. I also love Jonathan Coulton, who has a nice voice and writes geeky/funny/sad songs; the Decemberists, especially their early seafaring/storytelling music; and The Mountain Goats, whose lyrics are complicated and affecting.

Then there are the classical composers, whose music is kind of hard to compare with my favorite rock musicians' somehow. xD My favorite composer is Bach, but I also love early Romantic music: late Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin, and so on.

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 3:42 PM
Jonathan Coulton sound great! never heart of him before.. so thanks!
Scholar
#6 Old 27th May 2013 at 4:53 PM
Sex Pistols and The Clash
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th May 2013 at 6:44 PM
Alice in Chains and Smashing Pumpkins are my ultimate favourites. :lovestruc
Scholar
#8 Old 28th May 2013 at 1:11 AM
I also like R.E.M!!!!!!!!!!!!!1