Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:42 PM Last edited by antoninko : 17th Jul 2019 at 8:57 PM.
Default Starter Street Pack!
So i decided to create 13 lots!
I decided to call the street Starter Street because it consist mostly of Starter Homes. In this pack there are 11 Residental Lots and 2 Community lots.
The 2 Community lots are a kid Playground and a clothing store! 7 of the Residental Lots are for single sims and 8 of them are for a 1-4 Sim family
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:16 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by antoninko
So i decided to create 13 lots!
I decided to call the street Starter Street because it consist mostly of Starter Homes. In this pack there are 11 Residental Lots and 2 Community lots.
The 2 Community lots are a kid Playground and a clothing store! 7 of the Residental Lots are for single sims and 8 of them are for a 1-4 Sim family
Since i can't seem to attach files i will include a link to simfileshare with all the lots

Ok so it works now sorry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:52 PM
Part 2 of all lots
Screenshots
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:23 PM
I would suggest a 1-2 sim bathroom, a snack machine or 2, trash bin, these can go behind the fence, and someplace for sitting while watching the kiddies or just for comfort. Love all the lots! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 8:51 AM
All of these lots are lovely!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:13 AM
I like the houses from the outside. For upload, you also need clear floor plan shots of each livable floor of each lot. I would suggest perhaps a tiny bit more garden and use terrain paint under plants, it adds realism and its free.

Is the park covered in tile? I would think about softening it by keeping tile to certain areas and perhaps grass, pine bark or sand in others. You need to include bathrooms and some way for sims to eat. A little BBQ area or some snack machines. Think also about landscaping, perhaps a pond or some flower beds and a tree, something to soften it up. Think about some shade either over the eating area from an awning, a table umbrella or from a tree. The hedge plants are sitting on concrete? I would remove that and add terrain paint dirt under them.
Just adding I notice toddler ride ons. If the park is meant for toddlers you might want to think about adding a changing table to the bathrooms.

I can't tell much about the clothing shop at all without a floor plan.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:45 PM
The street as a whole looks very true to life for a planned sort of development, in that the houses are clearly different designs yet have many architectural similarities. So it's well-coordinated and pleasing to look at!

Is the park flooring meant to be rubber, like from the AL gearhead section, so that the kids don't get hurt? That's a nice idea. But I agree that maybe making at least part of it be grassy and have a bit of landscaping would make it more like a place where the parents would enjoy watching their kids. Maybe you could do that by cutting into one side to make a small picnic area and outbuilding for a toilet---that way the sims could eat and relieve themselves, as jo and Duine are saying. Then they could stay longer and enjoy the lot more! And especially if the playground is the street's only public outdoor space, it would be nice for it to be a little of both park and playground.

Looking forward to see what else you do with this idea; it's already pretty charming.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 7:59 PM
The park flooring is rubber, yes!
So in my next post you will see the upgraded park, and the floor plans for all lots
Thanks for the tips everyone :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 10:42 PM
Ok, so since it's wayyyy past my bedtime im gonna just share what i did to the playground
EDIT: and btw, that hink that we all thought (myself included) was concrete under the hedges was actually sand :p
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:23 AM
That looks better. I would make it dirt rather than sand since it isn't a beach lot and it blends in with the concrete, but up to you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~