Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#151 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:09 AM
They were going for diversity. Also, every custom neioghborhood starts out with the same set of characters (in case you haven't noticed).

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 4:35 PM
This is a really helpful tutorial, thanks!
Test Subject
#153 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:57 PM
Oooh thank you so very much! This tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. Great job on the tutorial!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:52 PM
WOW and all I wanted to do was make non playable sims characters better looking. It seems so many things can go wrong, so I have one question.

Can these changes be made on an identical game setup on a secondary computer and the new nps's be transferred back to the main computer?

I ask because I have used a program called sims2 NPC replacer which only allows a change of clothes but does produce a file in saved sims folder which I assume can be transfered to another game.

I don't want to lose my original game nor do I want to have to re-instal it, even with backups.

I hope you periodically check this post, it has been going for a long time and I have spent the past hour reading it. Your tutorial is well written and I know about the patch to stop reverting. Thank you for you time and efforts and I hope you can find a little bit more time to answer me.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#155 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:54 PM
That should work fine.

Test Subject
#156 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:04 AM
Is there any faster and/or easier way of de-ugly-izing NPCs, because I don't have the time nor patience to beautify the hundreds of sims in my neighborhood.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#157 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 5:13 PM
Do you have Uni? If so, try this hack: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057.

Test Subject
#158 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 3:44 AM
i cant backup the neighborhood. when i try i get some kind of error message....anything i can do about this?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#159 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:02 AM
What did you try?

Test Subject
#160 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 2:59 AM
lol i did it with no trouble i actually jus downloaded SimPE about 2 hours ago, i just got sims a couple days ago, but i have all the old ones and im a long time fan thanks for an awsome tut
Test Subject
#161 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 12:11 PM
whoa i feel so old i'm sorry but i have read half way through and i still didn't find my answer so here my problem

I redid a towin with this technic and for some odd reson huif face changed but his boy is a whole diffrent skin? i have no idea what i did and sorry if i repeated a question or am in the wrong place XD
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#162 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 7:07 PM
The sim you used had a different skin. There are several options in SimSurgery, face-only, skintone-only, etc. Try one of those next time for better control.

Lab Assistant
#163 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 9:26 PM
Thank you so much! It was really easy. A caveman could do it. (the Geico commercial nonwithstanding!)
Test Subject
#164 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 3:06 AM
So, for any townie? For ones other than the maid, do I just do their hairdo instead of the maid one?

"Good things never last Mr. Denham."
--Naomi Watts (Ann Darrow), King Kong
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#165 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 3:33 AM
Yes, you do what ever you want.

Test Subject
#166 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 4:20 AM
I have a problem...I don't have a plugins slot bext to extras and help like in the instructions....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../untitled-1.jpg

"Good things never last Mr. Denham."
--Naomi Watts (Ann Darrow), King Kong
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#167 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 5:09 AM
Click on Tools.

Test Subject
#168 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:45 PM
Can I delete the "new" Sims I made from the Family Bin in Neighborhood View, after I've redone the ugly Sims with SimsPE, or will that make them go back to the old, ugly ones?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#169 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 4:44 AM
Yes, of course. The sims you changed with SimSurgery have their own copies of the stuff, so delete away (not really).

Lab Assistant
#170 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 3:41 AM
Thank you thank you for this tutorial! I have literally been trying all day to figure out what I was doing wrong, and had no luck with searches of this forum, ambertain's , and even the bbs! Sim surgery was NOT working when I had any of the boxes checked for face only, skin only...only when no boxes checked would anything happen! Still don't know why, but at least I can now proceed with making my npc's.
I'm even changing their names...like Pete Moss is a gardener!
Test Subject
#171 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 3:00 PM
thanks a lot, you made our sims life better....
Test Subject
#172 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:37 AM
I've been having a blast with this tutorial! I've done both the mail and female maids, as well as a lot of regular Townies.

What I'm wondering is.....is there a way to change the children Townies? I can't create a family of just a child of one, because they have to have an adult.

Or does it matter if there is more than one person in the family?

Can you just create a family with kids and move them to the Families bin and then change them in SimPE?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#173 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:38 AM
You need an adult and it doesn't matter.

Field Researcher
#174 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 10:06 AM
thanks for making it so easy!! -hugs-

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Page 7 of 9