Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28926 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 12:51 AM
Just FYI to those of you concerned about the contest builds being too big, the idea I'm going for is kind of similar to the dorms in UNI- real life dormitories might have hundreds or even thousands of students living in them, but dorms in the game will have a few dozen at the most! Same for these sports venues- I'm not expecting massive stadiums (the baseline is 30 seats, which isn't much- just picture 10 couches! ), I'm much more curious to see the global flavors people work into their builds!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28927 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 8:09 AM
I have no idea what to build at this stage - but I have missed the contests too, and I am sure I will come up with something (had to google the Olympic cauldron )
My country never hosted the Olympic games. We did came close once and made the shortlist - but, alas, it did not happen.
Our small group of athletes, though, have brought us home medals, broke world records and made us very proud over many games - and I will dedicate all my buildings in this contest to them

@simsample and @CatherineTCJD
Excuses, Excuses
Would love to see you there
Mad Poster
#28928 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
...@simsample and @CatherineTCJD
Excuses, Excuses
Would love to see you there

I've thrown my hat is as the Emergency Judge - so, if I'm accepted and needed - you know what that means. LOL!
I think South Africa would be a very sweet venue *hint, hint*
... it's a good thing there's not an orange Olympic 'ring'

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28929 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 7th Dec 2021 at 7:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I've thrown my hat is as the Emergency Judge - so, if I'm accepted and needed - you know what that means. LOL!
I think South Africa would be a very sweet venue *hint, hint*
... it's a good thing there's not an orange Olympic 'ring'

Lovely, Cat - and, yip, I will try to stay away from that orange
Thinking about a part of South Africa that I have not used before, and it may just work Keeping it as a surprise for all for now.

@AndrewGloria - you don't even need a cheat for the height
Mad Poster
#28930 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Thinking about a part of South Africa that I have not used before, and it may just work Keeping it as a surprise for all for now.

OOPSIE! Sorry if I ruined part of the surprise!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28931 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
OOPSIE! Sorry if I ruined part of the surprise!

No, you did not
Lab Assistant
#28932 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 9:00 PM
Why is the fear ''become and unjoined elder'', so weird? It does not have a description, and has these marks around, like this: <Be an unjoined elder>
Also, why does this fear appear, and not the fear become an unmarried elder? I know these fears come when the sim in question is near the elder stage, but why unjoined elder instead of unmarried elder? Is it because the sim prefers it's own gender instead of the opposite sex(I know you can check gender preference in simpe)?
Mad Poster
#28933 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 9:15 PM
Because of where and when The Sims 2 was developed and first marketed, all the text strings have "join" instead of "marry" in reference to same-sex pairings, so you should only see that fear in someone with a same-sex preference about to become an elder, yes. As for why it looks weird and has no proper description, that'll be the programming equipment of a typo, a minor error that didn't get caught and corrected, similar to the "buy unnameable object" want that's trying to get the sim to buy something from the M&G pack that wasn't set up quite right to be wanted.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#28934 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Because of where and when The Sims 2 was developed and first marketed, all the text strings have "join" instead of "marry" in reference to same-sex pairings, so you should only see that fear in someone with a same-sex preference about to become an elder, yes. As for why it looks weird and has no proper description, that'll be the programming equipment of a typo, a minor error that didn't get caught and corrected, similar to the "buy unnameable object" want that's trying to get the sim to buy something from the M&G pack that wasn't set up quite right to be wanted.

The sim in question is Brandi Broke. I reseached a bit, and found that her gender preference is: Women: 0.0 Men: 0.1
However, she has flirted and kissed Nina. Maybe that affected her gender preference?
Mad Poster
#28935 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 9:31 PM
Yes, any romantic social interaction changes gender preference. Also, you can get rid of all of the "joined" nonsense by just installing the same sex marriage mod, then they can actually really get married and roll appropriate wants for it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28936 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
similar to the "buy unnameable object" want that's trying to get the sim to buy something from the M&G pack that wasn't set up quite right to be wanted.

Whenever I've seen that bug, it's always due to a wants mod that hasn't been updated for M&G. Does it exist otherwise?
Scholar
#28937 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 8:08 AM

Townie friends grew up faceless
Something I should worry about?
Forum Resident
#28938 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura

Townie friends grew up faceless
Something I should worry about?

Try changing their appearance via mods or a mirror and see if it makes the face show correctly?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#28939 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:45 AM
Happens to me all the time for my playables. Just use the batbox (Fix/flashing blue). Otherwise a mirror. You'll need to reapply the eyebrows and makeup.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#28940 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 11:17 AM
Thanks!
I'll try it, as soon as my Sims happen to be around them I'll make them selectable and direct them to a mirror.
As long as this is not a sign of corruption, I'm alright with having faceless townies for a while xD
Lab Assistant
#28941 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 7:57 PM
Does moving empty houses to another neighborhood cause corruption?
Mad Poster
#28942 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Does moving empty houses to another neighborhood cause corruption?
No, but it's a good idea to clean them, especially if they've been lived in.

Could someone please give a link to Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#28943 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

clean your lots here!

You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Lab Assistant
#28944 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Why should you clean them?
Forum Resident
#28945 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 8:14 PM

Sim references. Little bits of data that were attached to your sims, and now reside in the house. You won't DEFINITELY get corrupted if you don't clean a lot, but it's a good practice if you've had sims live in those lots because the sim references are attached to sims that don't exist in your new neighborhood.

EDIT: this is just my understanding of it, feel free to correct if i'm wrong lol

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28946 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:38 PM

Sim references as was said. here is my tutorial. You can clean houses manually or automatically.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

I am unsure if his lot cleaner cleans sim references or not. It was my understanding that it was cleaning it of bugs *thinks*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#28947 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 12:00 AM
I always make it a good practice to lay down a house that no sims has lived in yet. That way there, if there are any sim references, I know who they belong to.
Alchemist
#28948 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 2:50 AM
Good to see that there's interest in the contest! For a second I was worried cuz I didn't see any posts. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the creativity or the time to compete this year, but I can't wait to see what others come up with! I've been missing contests around here.

New question: I've been having some computer trouble for a while and finally decided to do a factory reset (0/10 - would not recommend, especially if you're like me and trying to reinstall windows 7. let's just say I had to find and manually download updates ). But the time has finally come to reinstall TS2! Now, before I was actually running the Store Edition, because that way I still got the last updates for the game, and then I didn't need to use a disc anymore. But I'm thinking that after some of LazyDuchess' mods I should maybe do M&G with a no cd exe? I could probably live with first born syndrome, but I'd really like separates for all.

Does anyone else run M&G with a no cd exe? Are there updates missing/things to look out for/consider? Or maybe should I try and find the UC? I'm a little wary of downloading it (old habits, I guess), but also confused as to whether I can just download UC after installing my discs, or if I need to download everything. Unfortunately, I never got a copy of UC. I was all "eh, I have my discs, what do I need that for?' How was I supposed to know game-changing mods would come out years later?! Anyway, I'm wondering what people here have done, if anyone has advise, etc.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28949 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 3:15 AM
Downloading and installing the UC is super easy compared to installing it from discs, and you of course wouldn't install from discs if you were going to do that. I'm not sure what you mean by "download everything", everything you need comes in the zip, you don't install it piecemeal the way you do with the discs because it's a complete repackage.
Alchemist
#28950 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 4:11 AM
Hmm, okay. I didn't realize that. Does that mean I don't have to patch the game either?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 1158 of 1339