Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7151 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:17 AM
@Essa Maybe Randulf is finally getting over Hektur?

In Lacuna D, my stupid self-sim has been nearing death for a while, but she has such a great life and so much money that she doesn't want to die. I hate her. She already cheated death once, so I have been eagerly awaiting dreading the day when the reaper finally catches up with her.
And today, during a party (of course)...

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7152 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:03 AM
@simsample I think she's gorgeous!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7153 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 2:55 PM
I hope the party was a roof raiser
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7154 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@simsample I think she's gorgeous!!

Aww thanks @AndrewGloria she is prettier than me I think and definitely more sociable! She's a bit older than me too and has whiter hair. My daughter informs me that she looked uncannily like me as an adult- although my hair is a bit longer, but the basic mesh and messiness is pretty spot on. My sim spends a lot of time playing bass or video games when left to her own devices (which is definitely like me )

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I hope the party was a roof raiser

It tanked a bit after she cheated death, I think the guests were mostly disappointed! Considering I only put her in-game as a joke in the first place, I've had a lot of fun playing her, which I didn't think I would.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7155 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Aww thanks @AndrewGloria she is prettier than me I think and definitely more sociable! She's a bit older than me too and has whiter hair. My daughter informs me that she looked uncannily like me as an adult- although my hair is a bit longer, but the basic mesh and messiness is pretty spot on. My sim spends a lot of time playing bass or video games when left to her own devices (which is definitely like me )

It tanked a bit after she cheated death, I think the guests were mostly disappointed! Considering I only put her in-game as a joke in the first place, I've had a lot of fun playing her, which I didn't think I would.

"You can't keep a good woman down." as the old saying goes. This one isn't going to go quickly or quietly.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#7156 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:57 PM

How do I get rid of her? I need to spawn some satellites!

[/spoiler]

Wait...I thought Sims can only plead (and play that "in which hand am I holding the soul?" game) on behalf of other Sims, how come she can do that for herself?
Edit: A right, it's because of a Genie wish right?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7157 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 10:07 AM Last edited by simsample : 4th Dec 2021 at 10:19 AM.
@Orphalesion I'm not sure, I had her use the elixir several times as I was having fun playing her, and she is permaplat too... pretty sure she did have a genie lamp once, I'll have to look through my images to see if I recorded what she did with it, I've had her in game for so many years I forget!

Edit: found this image from January 2019; now I know what she wished for! Money, long life and long life. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, let alone what I did to my sims three years ago!
Screenshots
Scholar
#7158 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:45 PM
I had some ideas for how to build a brand-new neighborhood based entirely on wants-based play, but I don't like to create Sims, so after nosing around in the Downloads, I decided to try one of the Beginning of neighborhoods and build a new neighborhood from scratch using those families as a starting point. I picked Veronaville because the family names and appearances were most interesting to me, but I'm not going to try necessarily to get to the Veronaville characters, just build up the neighborhood and see what happens. I'm moving in the starting families gradually to keep variety in ages and genetics. I started with the four fairy families (Summerdream ancestors), and they each are progressing at a nice pace and have one child apiece. Two of them needed bigger houses because of their wants, so I moved in two new families into the empty starters: the Amantes and the Arlecchinos. The Amantes are Popularity/Fortune, and for the longest time just wanted to buy stuff and have no children, but she recently got pregnant. They had to let their bird go free because they spent all their money on things and didn't even have the $20 to buy bird food. The Arlecchinos are Knowledge/Family and already have a child, Trinculo, and twin toddlers, Gonzalo and Francisco. Mom nearly died when pregnant with the twins, Trinculo learned no toddler skills, the house is trashed, the garden is weed-infested, and they have no money but put in a pool anyway. Fortunately, Mom now has a fear of having a baby so got put on birth control.
Forum Resident
#7159 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 11:35 PM
Pascal’s and Vidcund’s kids Chap and Rosalina went out downtown, with Rosalina in her nightgown.

Pascal went to an art museum, Lazlo to the film & literature hobby lot where he flirted unsuccessfully with one of the ladies who give reviews to owned businesses, and Vidcund spent an afternoon in Bluewater village and came home with cake to celebrate Pascal’s birthday. Later that day, Chap grew up to an adult and moved out, and some days after, Rosalina became an adult as well.

Buck Grunt and Strummer Neighbour got promoted in their slacker-careers, and spent a free day in main Strangetown at the spa and the dance studio. They find one girl each from the Downtown apartment complex hot, named Opal and Neptune, who the other just so happens to be friends with, so they invited them both over to hang out and give the other a chance to flirt a little. Buck managed to get a date with Opal the next day. They don’t really seem compatible, but the date went fine and Buck got his first kiss.

Jenny Smith died of old age. Jill will stay in the house. Jenny spent her last day with Jill and her foster daughter Tankette Smith (Beaker) and was buried in the Downtown graveyard next to PT.

Erin Beaker and Crescendo Neighbour dated, and some time after Erin invited him to the Downtown collective where they wohooed in the love tub. It just so happened (from their perspective) that Erin became pregnant. A couple of days before she’ll become an elder, she gave birth to a boy named Houdini.

Nervous and his partner Saturn moved into Olive’s old house, where the old couple Champagne Neighbour and Piel-Divina Sulsul also lives. With the power of science, Saturn and Nervous had a biological child together, a little girl called Supernova.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#7160 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 5:02 AM
I made a small change to ACR to allow college students to try for baby on campus, and then I forgot about that and played college for the first time in a while, and now two sims are pregnant. Debating changing it back, or adding another check in addition to the standard is-this-a-dorm check.
Scholar
#7161 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 12:39 AM
So I introduced the Capps and Montys to my Beginning of Veronaville neighborhood and oh my god. Not the Montys--they are lovely. But the Capps. I wasn't even trying to get them in a feud with anyone but Cleopatra Capp gets into a slap fight with Calpurnia Caesar whenever she sees her on a community lot, and Macduff Scott met Antony Capp ONE TIME and now wants to see his ghost and drink his milk.

Veronaville has 11 families now and room for one more if a starter house opens up, which will be one of the Italian families. It's coming along well. I think my favorite family so far is the Bramble family. Bob is Popularity, has several best friends, and his house has become hangout central. Momentilla is knowledge but pretty extroverted and put in a pool that everyone loves. They have one child, Sprite.
Field Researcher
#7162 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 7:07 PM
Taking a short break as I focus on another game, but I just made an NPC selectable (didn't save) just to check her personality before pursuing a relationship.
Forum Resident
#7163 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 7:33 PM
Nakia Adebayo got engaged to her girlfriend, Julia Morris. The two have been raising Nakia's three year old daughter Malika for the past two years, and it just seemed right.
Pic of the happy couple down below!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Field Researcher
#7164 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 8:07 AM
If Mortimer Goth, Jeff Pleasant, and my remade Sims 1 guy were Generation 1 in Pleasantview, then I am officially on Generation 3 in this neighborhood. Should be fun. Mortimer has been haunting Goth Manor, though, so I might have to kick him off to the cemetery. We can't have Pleasantview's most prominent family killed off. (I have a Cyjons hack to supposedly make the ghosts less angry, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.)
Forum Resident
#7165 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:51 AM
Macchiato and Temperance Neighbour, Melody Tinker's children, had their first day in private school.

Melody herself got promoted to teacher. The next day, she had the day off and she and her husband Nextdoor went to the Strangetown spa, where they met Wanda Tinker and invited her to follow them home for dinner and coffee. The day after that, Macchiato went to 88 Road to Nowhere with one of his young uncles Andreas Tinker. (And while they were supposed to be out, Andreas also came to ring the doorbell at home. How practical to be able to be in two places at the same time to hang out with the whole family at once.)

Froggy Neighbour grew up to a child, and with him at school, his dad Batty could start building the Strangetown library, including an area for storytelling with Sophie-David's Grimm's Storybooks, which is how he makes money for the time being (as well as his remaining paid parenting days and vacation days, as he hasn't formally quit his regular job yet).

Love thy Neighbour, the last remaining of Nina Caliente and my founder's 18 grandchildren, passed away of old age. I had her spend a lot of time by the piano to fulfill her wants and after a life where she's often seemed depressed, Love thy died in a platinum mood and peacefully followed the Grim reaper with an umbrella drink in her hand. Her wife Muffin Neighbour got to take over Café Petite.

Roadnight Neighbour died of old age the day after. She was the aforementioned Froggy Neighbour's grandma, and the last thing she ever did was speak with him on the phone after he had called her.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7166 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 11:56 PM
There are now 12 families in Veronaville, and that will be it unless a starter house comes empty for some reason. There are two luxury houses available in the neighborhood, in case someone hits the jackpot, but new starter houses will only be built for engaged couples who cannot move back in with either of their families. The idea is to have houses and property pass down as much as possible, preferably to the oldest child, but couples will always be preferred over singles. In old Veronaville, marriage is highly valued and divorce will be rare.

The exception are Sims who go into aspiration failure. Because the game is wants-based, aspiration failure is considered total failure, and those Sims will have to leave their spouse and go Away. This has already happened to one family: the Arlecchinos. They quickly had three boys, an older son and twins, but when one of the twins didn't grow up well, Quickley went into aspiration failure. She had to go away, and now the house is all guys.

All of the other families have had kids or are pregnant, and are doing okay except some who are spending way too much money. The Capps had twins as well. Antony and Cleopatra are both miserable taking care of the babies, but they are miserable people. Let's hope they make lots of money.
Field Researcher
#7167 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 1:54 AM
Layla Dreamer became the first sim to die by childbirth with a new mod I'm using. She had just graduated college and gotten married to her high school sweetheart. Kind of sad when you think about it...

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Lab Assistant
#7168 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 6:38 AM
After a horrible fibromyalgia (and other medical conditions) flare the end of November and first week of December, I was able to play again this week. Thankfully, no ER trip this time!

Newport (my bacc just over 200 Total Population) just benefited from the Goth Entrepreneur Fund which provides a small, no frills clothing store to newly growing towns that don't have one and desperately need one. Of course, everyone knows the Goth family benefits from the profits. She-She Clothing, inspired by a Simcity4 boutique, is now up and running. It cost Newport 2 CAS points, in addition to the usual 1 Community Lot point, to pay for it but was so worth it! Now my sims can be properly dressed for winter. Not to mention stop looking terrible with game assigned outfits. Good lord!, there are some hideous shirt and short combos out there, and who approved dinosaur costumes as daily wear?! My poor child sims, haha! For those who don't know, I hate playing sim-owned lots! I created my own bacc rules for a "no sim-owned" world and most retail can't be placed until Total Pop. of 500. I also normally play in hoods that don't have the Original NPC Townie names just so I don't get bored with the same thing. But I loaded up my hood template with the original names intact as I had missed seeing them around after so many years simming without them.

Lulu Beatty (pronounced Bait-ee as in fish bait) married Pao Mellon, a local mail carrier. They have two of the cutest twin boys so far. San and Taiyo are sweet, fun, and so far, well behaved. San may be trouble as a teen as his cleanliness is only 2. He is active and not motivated to sit still and to study like Taiyo. Lulu understands his plight as her strict mother made her study and clean all her youth. Now that she is a mother, though she hates it and whines every time, she cleans her house everyday like her mother taught her to. She is also trying to raise her boys the way her parents raised her but she wonders if that is really what she wants for them. It's never fun being the first generation born and raised in a new town, so many expectations on you. Lulu had a lot of weight on her shoulders. "Study! Get good grades! Become a scientist!" Well, she's married to one. Pao Mellon qualified to take a science position due to his extremely high skill levels. The pay if exceptionally better than his Post Office job . Lulu has currently opted to stay at home, like her mother did. At first she was bored, but now she is happy she did, especially as there are still no Nannies (my rules, not until service sims at 500 Total Pop., exception if your single parent is about to die from low needs.) Every now and then a sim just catches your heart. Those two boys are so adorable! They just aged to child and will start school in the next rotation.

In shocking news, two male sims have recently died of a mysterious illness after swimming in a nearby canal. [I used Rodney's death creator, death by disease] SimNation is investigating this but has banned all swimming in natural waters until further notice. The nearby SimTech Offices is helping with the investigation, currently running water analysis and searching for contaminants. I require SimTech Offices to be a community lot placed before Science careers can be taken, and there are minimum skill requirements as well as a limited number of positions available. In fact, all my community lots come with careers attached to it and a specified number of positions available based on the towns Total Population. For instance, I had two NPC Post Office positions available because I had just placed a Post Office. Now that Pao Mellon has taken a Science position, there is one Post Office position open. This kind of tediousness I can stand. The tedious sim-owned lots I can't.

--Kennedy Cox leaves behind his beloved girlfriend Arlette Muldowney and twins Adah (f) and Kenny (m). What Kennedy did not know was that his cheesecake loving girlfriend was pregnant when he died, so he never met twin daughters Anita and Anthea, who looks most like him so far. The others looks like their mother skin4, who is gorgeous with this custom pony tail .
--Benjamin Long leaves behind his fiancé Staci Skeete, though rumor has it she never had intention to marry. She was pregnant at the time of his death and ate some cheesecake gifted to her from Arlette. She gave birth to twins Benjamin (m) and Viola (f).

I normally find long term playing boring, but this little town is so fun to play. Usually I just build cities, briefly explore them with a sim, delete, and repeat. Once in a while I do a bacc that is fun to play. I have yet to make it to Generation 10! Wonder if this bacc might help me make it. Wonder if my health will let me keep playing as I have to sit up so long to do so!

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Scholar
#7169 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 3:10 PM
I was not correct when I said in my last update that all my families in old Veronaville had or were expecting children. Lady Scott has not gotten pregnant yet, and doesn't seem like she has any intention of doing so. She is more interested in pursuing other women's husbands. I will have to think about what to do with a couple who doesn't have children in a town where inheritance and family are so important. However, she still has time for an oopsie.

My other families are making up for it, although most of the older families seem content to stop at one or two children. However, Cleopatra Capp got pregnant again! I'm surprised since she and Antony were so miserable raising the twins. I guess children are a status symbol for them. The Capps along with their neighbors, the Montys and the Amantes, live in the three nicest houses in town. Petruchio Amantes just lost his job, but that didn't stop his pregnant wife from completely redecorating their kitchen and putting them heavily into debt. Luckily, Katherina has a good-paying job, and I suspect she will go back to chasing promotions once she's had the baby. Petruchio can be a house husband--he'd probably like that.
Scholar
#7170 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 4:43 PM
It's been a busy week in the Lothario house. Youngest daughter Marie grew up and joined her older siblings at Pleasantview Prep, and the other children have been making friends with Beau Broke, Jill Smith and Georgia Newson (I'll admit, they're not all in sync yet).

Cassandra and Don have split up - everything came to a head the night of Marie's 4th birthday. After a brutal fight, Don decided that while he didn't feel he'd done anything wrong (spoiler alert, he'd only cheated on Cassandra twice, and she'd found out about them!), he'd had enough of the tension and was leaving. He moved out while Cassie and the kids were at work & school the next day, moving into a proper "bachelor pad" on the other side of town. Living alone is definitely right for Don, he's a lot happier now, and he's on the hunt for his dream job. Still, with bills and child support to pay, he's going to keep his old job until the preferred one comes along!

Cassandra hasn't yet started divorce proceedings as she's worried how the break-up will affect the children; the middle two (twins Alfie and Gemma) are both fearing that very thing right now. They must've picked up on the tension, although thankfully Gemma slept through the last fight (it took place in the girls' bedroom after they'd gone to bed). Cassandra wants the children to keep their good relationship with their father, no matter how she feels personally. She would like to find her true "Mr Right" eventually, but he has to get along with the children. There's been enough drama in this family already...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#7171 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:00 PM
I had some extra time to play today, and I just had the two worst fires I think I've ever seen in this game back to back--and I've had some pretty bad fires! First, at the Dane house, a tree got struck by lightning in the yard and didn't go out in the rain, while at the same time something in the stove caught fire. So the firefighters were running back and forth, and in the end, half the yard burned plus almost everything in the kitchen and living room. Gertrude was pregnant and unfortunately did not survive the needs drop, leaving Hamlet the widowed single father of a toddler. He had to run out for emergency groceries so still hasn't been able to clean up the gigantic mess, and of course little Ophelia is not in good shape and probably won't grow up well.

The next fire was right next door, at the Caesars. Again, a tree was struck by lightning and didn't go out. Julius was just returning home from the store when it happened. The fire department were called, but the fire was so huge that both he and his wife died in the flames. Their toddler was taken by social services, so that's it for the Caesar family. Pretty brutal, I must say. A new family moved into their house, the Albions, and spent their first couple of days just cleaning up the yard.

Whew. Everything was going along so well, and then tragedy struck--isn't that always the way?
Forum Resident
#7172 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 4:56 AM
I've been playing La Fiesta Tech, and university is not going well for Mickey Dosser. He got through his first lot of academic probation (mostly thanks to random research while waiting to be played), and scraped through his second year with a skill point here and there, but everything came undone once third year started - he needed 3 creativity points and/or 4 logic points to pass, and he didn't have any of either. Possibly fearing what would happen, he did take up stand-up comedy on his housemate Daniel Ottomas' microphone, but only managed 2 creativity skill points and so is back on academic probation, for the second time. Expulsion is probably going to happen soon. He may not be that fussed - he was inducted into the secret society (it's one a night at the moment), and met a new lovely lady called Lydia he's working on seducing.

His other housemates, however, are all making progress with their degrees as well as their love lives (or instead of, in Guy's case). Daniel is enjoying his relationship with Gabi Newson-Loner, and getting reasonably grades. Matthew is very happy with his fiancee Jessie after the disastrous end to his relationship with Sarah, and is also getting reasonably grades. Thomas Grunt is doing well with his degree, and just persuaded Sarah Love that he's a much better choice of boyfriend than Matthew, and Guy finished his third year with an A+ but is still failing to find anyone he wants to go on dating.
Field Researcher
#7173 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 10:29 PM
In Strangetown, sim-alien hybrid Johnny Smith (Pollination Tech#9's son) is now an elderly superhero, married to an alien, his wife Ashara, who is a UFO investigator. They have two sons and a daughter. The eldest son just went off to college.

In other news, a catastrophic laboratory accident killed the Grunt family, the Beaker family, and Ajay Loner. For now, the smoldering crater has been cordoned off with police tape.
Theorist
#7174 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 4:22 PM
@Essa Maybe Randulf is finally getting over Hektur?

Well I think so. :D
Forum Resident
#7175 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 6:06 PM
Tank Grunt became a world class ballet dancer.

Bella Goth invited Monsoon Neighbour to an outing because he’d had such a good time with her friend Tank. Figures, since their both Tank’s lovers. They went to the art gallery. Monsoon had a good time leading the others through the art pieces, and getting in some kissing on Tank, who was also there. Tank and Bella enjoyed each other a lot, too. Thank goodness for no jealousy mods. Shy, serious Bella and shy, stiff and ultraserious Tank kept serenading each other in public and eventually received Mrs Crumplebottom’s rage. I love the two of them together, and I would’ve never even considered them if Tank hadn’t been in Bella’s welcome wagon when she moved to the House of Fallen Trees.

Bella Goth was invited to an outing with some of her townie friends. Two of them, who were fighting with each other on another outing I was on, did so now as well to the point where the entire outing got bottom score as they kept attacking each other. I guess I could've just asked them to leave the group but it slipped my mind. Then as it ended one of them had the nerve to call it a rotten outing and "don't invite us next time!". You know, if it's ever up to me, I actually don't think I will.

Denise and Gilbert Jacquet moved into the pseudo-apartment complex/retirement home where Florence Delarosa, Justice Larsen-Neighbour and Picasso Melinder already live. Shortly thereafter, Denise passed away of old age.

Hurricane and Crescendo Neighbour had sort of an informal double date with grown-up Barbara Young and Erin Beaker respectively at Strangetown's new pub Wayfarer.

Crescendo later moved into the Downtown collective where Erin and their newborn son Houdini live to join in taking care of him. Luckily Erin just so happened to live in the one double room in the building. It's not really a place suited for raising a kid, so when he's a toddler, they'll move somewhere else. Hurricane will ask Barbara to move into his house with him now that Crescendo doesn't live there.

I teleported Copernicus Sulsul to Jill Smith's home to see whether they'd be a good match as I suspected. Story-wise, I'm thinking maybe Copernicus put out an ad in the paper or on the internet and Jill replied upon which they organized a meeting but didn't actually talk beyond that, hence why they didn't know each other. Turns out my suspicions were correct - they had good chemistry and got along really well, conversations flowing very easily between them. The next day they had a date at Wayfarer.

In Copernicus' household, a genie lamp appeared and one of his sons, Sugarpie Caliente, had the memory of finding it and thus got to make a wish. He wished for peace of mind and is now permaplat at around ten years old.

I am Error.
Page 287 of 350