Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Eat Raw Fish(1.90) - and CC trait Raw Food Lover

by c821118 Posted 29th Jun 2019 at 6:12 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2022 at 4:56 PM by c821118 : Compatibi with 1.90.358.1030

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 8:13 PM
hello this is a nice mod, i have to give it a try, i need a mod where childs of the Sea dont mourn fish mounted and dont get sad when fishing or eating fish also, In wild nature fish eat fish and this is a inapropiate anti nature mood, well may be they dont eat dolphins right? but ... can you make this mod will prevent also this sad moodlet stuff? thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 8:43 PM
Very excellent! I love it for my mermaid ! Thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:31 PM
thank you! i really need that!
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 4:13 AM
after three hours of trying to figure out why i could not get the "sleep" action to show up on beds I tracked it down to your mod conflicting with brazen lotus custom harvestables. now why it's effecting the sleep feature I have absolutely no idea. I checked and rechecked, downloaded your mods and brazens mods over again and have tested the mods by itself and with every single other mod I have. the only combo that causes issue is your mod with brazens harvestables. Perhaps it some weird conflict with the eatbles tuning but again , how that is changing bed features eludes me. I just wanted to let you know. I really want to use the mod but I have to chose between one mod and over a dozen custom harvestables I gotta pick my custom harvestables unfortunately. I hope I can come back round to this at a later time and try it again and see it working for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:50 AM
Does anyone know if this mod works after the 8/8 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:50 AM
After 9/5 patch this mod is broken
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ciway
After 9/5 patch this mod is broken

Thank you for letting us know! I hope it gets updated.
Scholar
#33 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 4:45 AM
Broken, as it oddly conflicts with the "Grow beard" mod by Flerb.
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 9:38 PM
This mod is broken. ;-;
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:48 AM
Does this still work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 2:33 AM
This will be perfect for my Polar Tang/Heart Pirates house!
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 6:44 PM
will this be updated for the the most current patch?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Broken, as it oddly conflicts with the "Grow beard" mod by Flerb.

Not technically broken, just a mod conflict those happen sometimes. Also seems to be conflicting with Flerb's sunburn mod as well. Some of Flerbs interactions are missing from the pie menu with this mod installed. If anyone knows a quick tweak that fixes the conflict I'd love it if they'd share so we can have Flerb and raw fish. For now Flerb wins.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 3:02 AM Last edited by SweetSimmer : 29th Feb 2020 at 3:47 AM. Reason: Update
So does this still work? If not will anyone be updating it? I can no longer see the eat fish option.

**Update:
I was going through the XML files and I saw a line of code which said something along the lines of "require scumbumbo's XML Injector". After some trial and error I found the mod to start working again but only with the EatRawFish package of this mod, and both XmlInjector_Test_v3 files installed. It did not show the option while both of those and the EatRawFood script was put in. This all meant my sims (for now I only tested mermaids and humans) could eat raw fish, gain hunger from it, and have moodlets from the interaction, but were not able to buy the reward trait of raw food lover. (Though oddly the trait stayed on one mermaid sim I was testing with even after I removed the script file and reloaded. The moodlets worked normally as well).

This workaround is perfect for me because I only wanted my mermaids to enjoy raw fish anyways but I'm curious if this is the only way to have the mod continue to work in my game and how others worked around such. Or if it was just abandoned and really doesn't work anymore and I just got very lucky with this half solution.

If anyone has some answers please do reply. If not I hope the above helps someone out if they were having the same issue. Just get XmlInjector_Test_v3 and the EatRawFish package to your mod folder and everything should be alright. It even worked alongside the expanded mermaid mod by SpinningPlumbobs which I found to be a nice and lucky touch~
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetSimmer
So does this still work? If not will anyone be updating it? I can no longer see the eat fish option.

**Update:
I was going through the XML files and I saw a line of code which said something along the lines of "require scumbumbo's XML Injector". After some trial and error I found the mod to start working again but only with the EatRawFish package of this mod, and both XmlInjector_Test_v3 files installed. It did not show the option while both of those and the EatRawFood script was put in. This all meant my sims (for now I only tested mermaids and humans) could eat raw fish, gain hunger from it, and have moodlets from the interaction, but were not able to buy the reward trait of raw food lover. (Though oddly the trait stayed on one mermaid sim I was testing with even after I removed the script file and reloaded. The moodlets worked normally as well).

This workaround is perfect for me because I only wanted my mermaids to enjoy raw fish anyways but I'm curious if this is the only way to have the mod continue to work in my game and how others worked around such. Or if it was just abandoned and really doesn't work anymore and I just got very lucky with this half solution.

If anyone has some answers please do reply. If not I hope the above helps someone out if they were having the same issue. Just get XmlInjector_Test_v3 and the EatRawFish package to your mod folder and everything should be alright. It even worked alongside the expanded mermaid mod by SpinningPlumbobs which I found to be a nice and lucky touch~

Thank you for this info! My prehistoric sims are really grateful as well
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 5:35 AM
Default Attemp to fix
So... i never used this mod, but I know it has some conflicts with the XMLinjector... I opened it up to see why, and the included script IS the injector... this is my attempt at fixing the conflict... I removed the script and changed the snippet of the injector to work with the new version...
Since I don't use the mod, you need to see if it works on your own, because I have no idea of how it's supposed to work to begin with. This fix needs the xml injector but not the script.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  c82_EatRawFish.zip (31.7 KB, 305 downloads)
Description: fix
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 10:17 AM Last edited by Starteller : 10th Mar 2020 at 10:34 AM.
Default No, not working
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
So... i never used this mod, but I know it has some conflicts with the XMLinjector... I opened it up to see why, and the included script IS the injector... this is my attempt at fixing the conflict... I removed the script and changed the snippet of the injector to work with the new version...
Since I don't use the mod, you need to see if it works on your own, because I have no idea of how it's supposed to work to begin with. This fix needs the xml injector but not the script.

No, not working. no option for eating is showing.

Sweetsimmer idea is working
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 11:05 AM Last edited by Zer0_ : 10th Mar 2020 at 11:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Starteller

I'll try it again then. the snippet is not done for the last version of the injector in the mod, but the script is the same so of course it works. How should it work though? Place a fish on the ground and click on it?
EDIT: works in my game. with this version of the injector https://scumbumbomods.com/#/xml-injector/
try updating. I'll try to make the reward trait work too (it can still be added via cheats btw... and still works, it's just not in the store anymore)
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th May 2020 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starteller

In the original package, you had two files
c82_EatRawFish.package and c82_EatRawFood.ts4script

Make sure you have deleted the two files including the script file.
And download only the Zer0_ link.
and it works!

Serinion Studio Patreon page
Find in that extra support, some "rewards" with exclusive objects for patron only.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 1:54 AM
not working
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 2:40 AM
is this mod ever getting updated again?
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:23 AM
Default Hope it still works!
Quote: Originally posted by margin
Thank you for this info! My prehistoric sims are really grateful as well

Hey I'm glad I could help in some way! I'm by no means a modder but at least one person and myself could keep their gameplay that much more enhanced. It seems a few more have used my method as well so I'm glad
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:32 AM
Default For anyone still looking for Updates
So basically I stumbled back onto this post and sadly it seems there are no updates coming anytime soon. This mod really does liven up mermaid and general fish loving Sims gameplay so it's sad to see it go. I tried a fix as did another creator, Zer0_ a few posts above with half working results as far as I understand.

However, with some perusing around I actually found another simmer who took up the challenge. I by no means know if this mod works but it was just released and the simmer seems active so it's looking pretty reliable! I'm gonna post the link to her patreon here (don't worry it was released as free) so our raw fish enthusiast sims may continue to sushi onward!

TL;DR Click below for fishy fun

https://www.patreon.com/posts/46031436

Now if only I could find an "eat raw meat" mod for my vampires...
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:26 PM
ENGLISH- I translated your mod to brazilian portuguese, If you want the translation, just talk
Page 2 of 2