Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11476 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 3:16 PM
I would love a "place toddler on chair & serve food" option for the high chair.
As it is, Sims must place the toddler first and then select serve food. It's not terrible, but it does not allow to queue actions and my parents-of-a-toddler Sims never have enough time in their hands!
Advertisement
Instructor
#11477 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
The same goes for downtown. I hate it when Sims call to invite me to go out, then refuse cause there isn't a downtown installed.
At least there is only one want associated with it.

This. And along those same lines, something to disable vacation-related wants (like "buy a vacation home," stuff like that) if you don't have a vacation hood installed.
Alchemist
#11478 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 9:41 AM
I wish I could find a mod to make all columns go down with the walls. There are so many lovely building designs with columns along the outside, but if you build like that for sims, you can't see the interior properly when playing. And the building just doesn't look right without them.

Sometimes I build with columns, then play the lot from the back to avoid them. Wish they just worked better.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#11479 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I wish I could find a mod to make all columns go down with the walls. There are so many lovely building designs with columns along the outside, but if you build like that for sims, you can't see the interior properly when playing. And the building just doesn't look right without them.

Sometimes I build with columns, then play the lot from the back to avoid them. Wish they just worked better.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Hiding.htm
Field Researcher
#11480 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 6:56 PM
I know that in later games (Sims 3&4) people don't like the limits on BFFs, but with Sims 2, BFFs are pretty pointless.

I wish there was a mod that limited it to 5 and let BFFs be replaced when the Sim starts spending more time. Then it would at least denote the friends they are currently closest with and be different from ordinary best friends.
Mad Poster
#11481 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I would love a "place toddler on chair & serve food" option for the high chair.
As it is, Sims must place the toddler first and then select serve food. It's not terrible, but it does not allow to queue actions and my parents-of-a-toddler Sims never have enough time in their hands!

If you place a toddler in the highchair and then let a sim serve food to the whole family, they'll also serve food to the toddler automatically (as long as they can reach the highchair and it's in the same room/area). Could be worth knowing
Mad Poster
#11482 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 8:21 PM
Custom friendly alien encounters where sometimes a flying saucer will come down and an alien will invite a sim to take a ride (and the alien crew would be dressed up like Greyhound Bus employees), or maybe playing on the modular synth late at night could call a flying saucer to come and play some music. Said flying saucer could also make the toys and electronics light up and do weird stuff. Yes, it's a reference to the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". First idea is a reference to a series of books my great-grandfather wrote about aliens from the planet Clarion.
Alchemist
#11483 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Hiding.htm

Thanks, I had forgotten that one.
Although I remember now why I don't use it - having to remember to unhide everything before removing, plus I don't want the columns hidden all the time, just when the walls are down for the appropriate level. No point having columns if you never see them!

Still need a mod for this! I wonder why there isn't one? Maybe it's too tricksy for some reason.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Scholar
#11484 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you place a toddler in the highchair and then let a sim serve food to the whole family, they'll also serve food to the toddler automatically (as long as they can reach the highchair and it's in the same room/area). Could be worth knowing

Indeed.
But in my game, toddlers have their own schedules. And do not even get me started on their sleeping schedules
Top Secret Researcher
#11485 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 11:13 AM
I'd love to see it possible that the Elixir of Life extends or substracts 20-30 days instead of 2-3.
I know it sounds a lot, but with all those custom lifespans out, it would fit them more.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#11486 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Indeed.
But in my game, toddlers have their own schedules. And do not even get me started on their sleeping schedules

I have used Inge's sleeping hacks for toddlers and elders for so long I forget the game doesn't actually have them sleep through the night. The result is that my toddlers get up at 6 am with everyone else, take a nap after lunch, and go to bed around nine pm. Very realistic--nap might be an hour too long and bedtime an hour too late, but it's pretty close to actual toddlers.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#11487 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 7:25 AM
I'd like to see a global environment mod/hack or even an object hack that keeps the environment at maximum across all forms of lots regardless of what they are. If there is a mod/hack/object hack out there for environment I haven't seen one yet and I've been looking for a long time for years now.
Mad Poster
#11488 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 10:51 AM
Quote:
I have used Inge's sleeping hacks for toddlers and elders for so long I forget the game doesn't actually have them sleep through the night. The result is that my toddlers get up at 6 am with everyone else, take a nap after lunch, and go to bed around nine pm. Very realistic--nap might be an hour too long and bedtime an hour too late, but it's pretty close to actual toddlers.

In my game not only do I have Inge's hack, but I have one by XPTL that enforces sleeping rules so that children go to bed at 8, and everyone else at 11. (too bad about those people who have to work after 11..).
Add to that TwoJeff's 'smart bed' hack and the game is bearable when it comes to marking off the days.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#11489 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 10:51 PM
I wish there was a mod to make "Hunt for bugs" a science hobby building interaction.
Lab Assistant
#11490 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:18 PM
A SimPE plug-in for taking any clothes package and by choosing a Property Set turn it into a Default!
Mad Poster
#11491 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 6:10 PM
I wish there was a way to assign a specific townie to an unoccupied apartment without having to make them playable.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11492 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 12:41 AM
Did anyone ever make a working mannequin that can wear in-game clothing?
Mad Poster
#11493 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:40 AM
Coding for doors (by which I mean having the option to specify whether certain groups would or would not be able to pass through a door... like the bathroom doors do for genders, but more customizable. For instance, I'd love to be able to make vampires unable to enter a church.)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11494 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Coding for doors (by which I mean having the option to specify whether certain groups would or would not be able to pass through a door... like the bathroom doors do for genders, but more customizable. For instance, I'd love to be able to make vampires unable to enter a church.)

I know you don't like using CC, but Inge has some customizable doors here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm

But as for the natural ability to block certain visitors, it would have been great if EA had done it. Otherwise, we're left to our own solutions.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#11495 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:21 PM
The conversation about parties in the random thread reminded me that there should be a family phone book for party invitations. When it comes to birthday parties, it doesn't make sense that the game measures the relationship between the host and potential guest instead of the relationship between the invitee and the Sim the party is for. I know you can invite Sims separately later, but it would be easier to use the party dialog. It would also be nice if entire households could throw a party together, so everyone can invite a friend, and everyone could get their want to throw a party fulfilled.
Alchemist
#11496 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:51 AM
I use:
1. Simwardrobe - Throw Massive Parties Pets-Seasons: "This fix will increase the number of people that you can invite to parties. Up to 255 sims can be invited to a party, regardless of your system specs." Available here thanks to Bulbizarre. I use it with all EPs and it works okay.
2. Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations, which does what the name says, and
3. Midgethetree's Throw Party Want All Residents & Party Success/Failure Want All Residents: "With "throw party want all residents", the generic "throw a party" want will be fulfilled for any resident in the active family when a party is thrown. With "party success/failure want all residents", any resident in the active family will get wants/fears for a successful/failed party fulfilled. Residents must be on the lot and awake for either to count, both mods are compatible with each other."

What I don't remember atm is if the sim making the call needs to know everyone you want to invite. I'm having mixed memories about how the party invite works. In any case, there are mods like Phaenoh's phonebook to look up/meet sims so you can call them.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11497 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 4:14 PM
From Bon Voyage:

I have a cc version of the hammock without supports, that I'm always trying to line up to one tile trees with snapobjectstogrid off. I'd love to see it modded to a three tile footprint.

Also I would like toddlers and babies to be able to sleep in tents. My real ones always did!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11498 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 6:01 PM
Yes - babies and toddlers sleep in tents in my life too - I put up the tent in the garden for my grandchild one night and he thought it was the best thing yet (winter here, we will do it again in summer). So I would like such a mod as well!
Forum Resident
#11499 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 7:53 PM
Does any know a way to stop kids from floating when you hack them as adults? The reason I'm asking is I'm making a story based on the movie Freaky Friday (where the parent and the kid switch bodies where the kid is the adult and the parent is the kid.) It's a comedy story. I was just wondering how to stop the "floating" by either with a mod or some kind of tweak. Personally I'd love to see a mod where (hacked) kids are not floating. This is just for the story.
Mad Poster
#11500 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:28 PM
They float because there aren't proper animations for whatever you're trying to make the kid do. The only way to fix it is to create new custom animations for kids for whatever interaction you're using.
Page 460 of 580