Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9026 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 1:03 AM
@igazor so with mastercontrol you can fix it so or that doesn't entirely give all the degrees benefits?

Also, does Doo Pea Corporate Tower showing up as a purchasable venue in real estate menu us a glitch or nah?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9027 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@igazor so with mastercontrol you can fix it so or that doesn't entirely give all the degrees benefits?

Also, does Doo Pea Corporate Tower showing up as a purchasable venue in real estate menu us a glitch or nah?

I...do not understand the first question. MC is a player command center that issues one-time commands on a sim or a group of sims (do this, be that, stop being this, reset yourself, have a raise or a promotion). It has the capacity to make one-time corrections, but it does not have the capacity to make ongoing changes to careers or the benefits of Uni majors for all sims going forward. That would take a mod more like SP or the Careers mod, but neither one as far as I know will convey benefits to a sim who has graduated while already having started the target career.

Going to have to punt on the Corporate Towers question. But it's not a municipal building like City Hall or a Police Station, so I can't right away see why it should be restricted from being privately owned or invested in.
Test Subject
#9028 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 7:50 PM
Is there a quick way to consign a bunch of items of various qualities?

I made a farmers market with consignment registers rather than have my farmer sell to the grocery store or through savvy seller. The consignment store separates items based on quality, and then I have to go back and adjust the quantities. It was cute in theory but tedious in practice.
Mad Poster
#9029 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:25 AM
@igazor, about the building its a combo lot which shouldn't exist in STarlight Shores according to its name of a Sunset Valley variation of the building.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9030 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:27 PM
Tombs should work fine in any world; I put some in a world I made and they worked fine. Did you assign the lot type as tomb?
Mad Poster
#9031 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Is there a way I can delete laundry from a entire world with Retuner or some other magical button within the NRAAS suite that will allow me to do so?

I'm currently playing a custom world called Mayfield Springs. The world had house boats, dive spots, ect... which I've removed. No problem, except that for some dumb reason, there is laundry on one of the islands which I can't see because they are covered in fog, so when my sims have a washing machine, my stupid sims keep trying to swim to said island to get the dirty laundry. 

Perhaps you could use MC on City Hall or an in-game computer to locate and flush the remaining laundry machines, even though they are on a hidden lot? NRaas > MC > Object Stats > (try Non-Inventory, Local, Global on the filters) > and select to Flush.
(MC Cheats module required)

If there's no laundry facilities in a world, then there is no doing laundry requirement.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9032 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:26 PM
Well done @Wojtek , glad you got it working!
Lab Assistant
#9033 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:04 PM
You can place a second school and assign half of the children to it. NRaas makes it possible: https://www.nraas.net/community/Sto...o-I-set-that-up

There is also an edit for more slots in rabbitholes doors somewhere out there as far as I know, but I'm not quite sure, where that was...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9034 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:37 PM
The only way I could do this was to have more than one school, and assign the kids to their closest schools. Edit: Ninja'd, I was far too slow!
Mad Poster
#9035 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
If you want to create separate primary and secondary schools, what Smyrna also suggested, the best option is actually to have three schools in your town. One is primary school, the second one is secondary school and the last one is a school for both children and teens, so that adults working as teachers could enter rabbit holes.

The third school is not necessary under this option, unless the player really does want three schools. If you use Caste: Disallow on Children for the secondary school and Caste: Disallow on Teens for the primary school then adults can still get into either. It's just that many players would have to first define a custom caste for Children, as they might not already have one. But it's Caste: Require on both that would otherwise restrict YA and older sims from engaging in the education career and using the school rabbithole for its other intended purposes, like taking a painting class.

Personally I use a combination of all three methods in several of my worlds -- multiple standard schools, Careers mod custom schools and Homeschooling to relieve some of the stress, and the entry mod. One such world had over 90 kids/teens at one point, and after some work and watching over things it was all fine (until prom night arrived and over 75 teens tried to converge on one school all at once and hopelessly clogged up the subway system, but let's not talk about that mess...)
Scholar
#9036 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 10:26 PM
Not sure where to ask, but whats the safest way to move in a ghost with mods?

I want to move in Agnes Crumplebottom's husband Erik, but didn't want to go for the vanilla ghost opportunity way. Is it safe to move a ghost in with Nraas Master controller?
Scholar
#9037 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 12:25 AM
I have spent hours and hours and hours looking for the nectar maker. I looked in buydebug, I looked in community objects. I looked in buydebug again. I looked in community objects again. I saved the nectary from france and put it in my world. I tried using the eyedropper to see where it landed in the catalog-community objects, but it wasn't there. I looked and looked and looked. I looked again. I hadn't played any characters yet, so I took a random playable to the nectary and had them buy them. I couldn't get them out of his inventory to place them in the community nectary where I wanted them. I made him buy the lot. Still couldn't enter buybuild without going to the home lot. Invoked "enable buybuild on lot." Still no dice (maybe forgot to unpause but at this point I'm too mad to go back and try it again)

I know you can have a nectary that's just a retail outlet, but I want that nectar maker in there. I'm seething from frustration.

Here's the actual question: if you've ever used the nectary from the catalog, what was it sitting next to? What were its neighbors? Because scrolling up and down the little pictures is getting me nothing but an aching neck and sore eyes.

And/or, does anybody know of an unlocking mod for it so I can find it in the regular catalog?
Mad Poster
#9038 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Here's the actual question: if you've ever used the nectary from the catalog, what was it sitting next to? What were its neighbors? Because scrolling up and down the little pictures is getting me nothing but an aching neck and sore eyes.

In my game, it's under the ?-category (buydebug) in Buy Mode, Misc. Objects, filter to WA content, then it's about 5th from the end at §1,500. I have some cross-categorized CC there, so fifth from the end might not be exactly right for others. Its neighbors are the Little Boy Incense Holder and some magic gnomes to the left and the Fortune Cookie Machine to the right. It's admittedly more difficult to spot without using the EP filter, then for me its neighbors are the Hover Bed to the left and Memorial to a Magic Gnome (whatever that is) to the right.
Lab Assistant
#9039 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 7:14 AM
??
what is the TNS?,.
Scholar
#9040 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 8:58 AM
Thank you again, igazor, that did the trick. I am embarrassed to admit I didn't know you could filter by expansion pack. This will prove handy in the future, I know! And now I have a gorgeous little modern nectary right in downtown Lucky Palms.
Lab Assistant
#9041 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 4:39 PM
English is not my native language and I struggle with understanding if this mod below includes the store lasagna oven and pie baking station? Could somebody help explaining please?
https://modthesims.info/d/548787/co...ngredients.html
Lab Assistant
#9042 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Hi There,

The mod in question does not have any store content included.

Thank you
Scholar
#9043 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 5:30 AM
I was sure I had seen a more or less indepth discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of different kids of lot zoning for community lots but I can't find it. (the search engine here is not up to the demands of the site, I regret to say). I want to use bits of various mods to make a flea market sort of thing in the Lost Lake area of Lucky Palms, and I'm deciding between calling it a Market, Visitors Allowed, A Park, a Consignment Store, or a Hangout. I know a "hangout" is closer to a bar than a fla market, but I thought maybe if it had some fun objects it might draw an amount of sims? But apart from a few details I don't know what the different types of venues demand from or supply to the sims who come to them.

Also I remember when I played before I had more than 1 lonely buffet table and a lot of them were custom, but aren't there a few more?

I have tons more stupid questions but I feel I should ration them.
Inventor
#9044 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 12:10 PM
I was sure I had seen a more or less indepth discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of different kids of lot zoning for community lots but I can't find it. (the search engine here is not up to the demands of the site, I regret to say). I want to use bits of various mods to make a flea market sort of thing in the Lost Lake area of Lucky Palms, and I'm deciding between calling it a Market, Visitors Allowed, A Park, a Consignment Store, or a Hangout. I know a "hangout" is closer to a bar than a fla market, but I thought maybe if it had some fun objects it might draw an amount of sims? But apart from a few details I don't know what the different types of venues demand from or supply to the sims who come to them.

Also I remember when I played before I had more than 1 lonely buffet table and a lot of them were custom, but aren't there a few more?

I think you mean something I asked on MTS myself a while ago about lots, look at the last comment in this thread. See if that is helpful : https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=632842
Inventor
#9045 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 12:13 PM
My question is does jealousy LTR still work? I was looking on the wiki here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Lifetime_reward for the No Jealousy LTW, and a note with that reward is this: "(Note: this has lost its functionality since Generations)".
So does that mean that it does not work at all? Is there something else I can use to stop my sims from being jealous when my sim is a flirty bum? Or does that reward still work a little?
Instructor
#9046 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 12:53 PM

Hello, Lucy! This is the thread that I found very educational about community lot-behavior: https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments
(Contrary to its title, it's not only about LN bars, but all types of community lots; about traits that they attract, rabbithole + lot zone combo ideas, etc.)
Scholar
#9047 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 8:04 PM
Thank you, Floraflora2 & the others too. I've read all the threads now & I've hopefully downloaded something that will let me read spreadsheet files (this is a new-old frankensteined windows 10 machine with bits purchased from the local university's surplus warehouse, so it's strong & capable but came with no software except a windows 10 that has a fat watermark demanding reauthorization, which I will in fact do after the first of the month).
Lab Assistant
#9048 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
My question is does jealousy LTR still work? I was looking on the wiki here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Lifetime_reward for the No Jealousy LTW, and a note with that reward is this: "(Note: this has lost its functionality since Generations)".
So does that mean that it does not work at all? Is there something else I can use to stop my sims from being jealous when my sim is a flirty bum? Or does that reward still work a little?

I don't know about the LTR being broken, but you can use NRaas Wohooer for sure to set the Jealousy Level:
https://www.nraas.net/community/Rel...ge-The-Settings
Lab Assistant
#9049 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady

Technicaly it does still work as intended, ie if sim A walks in on their partner having relations with sims C they won't react right then. However it sort of gets bypassed by the reputation system. So if (when) rumers about sim B and C start to spead and sim Bs reputation is affected then Sim A will get angry about being cheated on.
So in order to be completely covered you would need to purchase both no jealasy and Above reproach LTWs.
Mad Poster
#9050 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 5:31 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Nov 2020 at 5:55 PM.
Where is the game's registry entry for both, origin and steam, directories can be found?

Also, is there a way to trigger imaginary friend doll appearing with MasterControl?

Page 362 of 385