Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 4:14 PM
So I gave this a start yesterday and made a teenage boy called Shyrrik Phraan. I decided that he's going to sell fish to earn money for a shit shack and live off whatever he can grow, although for the first few Sim days he had to eat his profits in order to not, y'know, starve.

Using fire pit is hard.

Shyrrik's tip to make burnt food not taste like reheated ass: glare the fuck out of it.

(Next few pictures are spoilered for ass)

Okay so it's totally not necessary to use the firepit for food now that he's got plenty of fruit and veg in his inventory, but his expression at eating burnt food amuses me. I consider it punishment for freezing over thanks to not wanting to put his Goddamn dong away.

Ouch.

Voila! A shit shack.

Literal shit shack. Name isn't a pun, I promise.

And garden! He's failing school because fuck you you can't get no education so there's been plenty of time to fish and garden and just plain earn money. I'm really enjoying this challenge so far. :3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 7:11 PM
I don't get the cab and pink flamingo thing. Why do we need to buy a pink flaming for every taxi ride?
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 9:32 PM
I actualy made a sl*t female teenager. Kama simitra gave me the idea. So she probably ran away from home becuse of the bad grades, bad reputation and alchohol (yep, she likes the alchohol). Now she is trying to proove that she can make earnings ans have a family of her own without being "good child". I started right now. It is really fun !
Field Researcher
#104 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I actualy made a sl*t female teenager. Kama simitra gave me the idea. So she probably ran away from home becuse of the bad grades, bad reputation and alchohol (yep, she likes the alchohol). Now she is trying to proove that she can make earnings ans have a family of her own without being "good child". I started right now. It is really fun !

I was thinking of doing something like that. I have a female teen that accidentally got pregnant with her boyfriend. I haven't let for go home since she was starting to show since her mother is proper and all, I thought that would make sense, the teen running away.
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 3:24 PM
I started at Bridgeport with my teen sl*t sim. I made her fish for 5h untill she got hungry. I wanted her to eat the fish but then i realised that there is no any firepit in town so I had to use the fire station (the firestation of Bridgeport seems to be abandoned) . Than I found out about the beach and a barbeque... whatever. She could fish starfish and jellyfish there, all day long (those really give a good profit) and then she could make hotdogs or tofu dogs to eat... except she had to go back home and take a pack of hotdogs from her trashcan XD. She also salvaged some ruined chairs, tables and a globe she now cannot delete from her inventory ( again). And I still have a little problem. I cannot stop her from using taxi. Do I really have to put those flamingos in my yard. I mean, she uses a taxi 30 times a day. She cannot survive if I spend all the money on those flamingos. Here are some pics:

Stinky, fishing sl*t teen... Too many adjectives.

Skipping stone :D

"Am I in the... the WATER!" You could at least dress properly for bathing XD.
Test Subject
#106 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 7:18 PM
Can you have pets?
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 10:04 PM
The challenge won't be interesting because of the gems your pet can easily find. The goal is to survive and not to get rich for a day. But it also means more responsibility. So practicaly, yes, you can.
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 10:30 PM
I haven't played for a long time and after playing for half an hour here are the results. Pamela continue using the BBQ pit and continued fishing but after installing awesome mod all celebrities started comming to te beach.

"Good food (still doing the tofu dog style XD), good view and good music. Ahhh, this is what I call life!" - Pamella (I forgot my sim's surname, silly me).
Yeah, right. Then, why are you talking to yourself, strangling your throat and having hysteria atacks every single day.

Well, this is the consequence of strangling yourself.

WTF! More celebrities!

"Well I certanly don't care."

Be happy litlle tragic clownfish. Look, your master is happy too (it could be said that she is happy).

She also got fat from those damn tofu dogs. FROM TOFU DOGS!?
Test Subject
#109 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 11:33 PM
I like for my sim to go to school because of lunch. c: Great challenge, by the way!
Test Subject
#110 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:06 PM
I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the challenge but I can't download mods. it dos not show the downlode boten to me, plzzzzz help me. I am realy pisst off.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 2:51 AM
Wow, I'm only on the first day and this has been a lot of fun!

This is Sage Joshua. She used to be Sage Boyer, but she shed that name when she ran away from her family.
She lives in Lucky Palms, on a small lot down an abandoned trail.

"Could you take me to the City Hall for a quick stop? My parents want me to enroll in home schooling." I flashed my most dazzling smile at the taxi driver. She had barely believed me when I asked her to take me to Lucky Palms. I told her my family was moving there and I didn't fit in the truck.
"Do ya want me to wait outside?" She asked in her soft southern accent.
"Yes please." I replied.
I ran into city hall and filled out the correct paperwork and turned it in, picking up my first assignment. When I got outside, the cab was still idling by the curb.
"Drop you off at Sweet Pools community garden, right?" She asked me.
"Yeah, I'm meeting my family there." I answered.
"That's not in the best part of town hon... The are criminals!" She widened her eyes and I nearly laughed. I'd fit right in, then. A kleptomanic girl who ran away from home.
"I'm sure."

She harvested all the plants at the community garden, then when night fell, stole two grilles and a picnic bench.

She went dumpster diving shortly after and showered at the nearby pool.

She bought a bike with her profits. No more taxi fares for this girl.
Test Subject
#112 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
The challenge won't be interesting because of the gems your pet can easily find. The goal is to survive and not to get rich for a day. But it also means more responsibility. So practicaly, yes, you can.

Actually, I never search for collectables. It takes way too long for me.
Test Subject
#113 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 9:07 PM Last edited by windclan : 30th Dec 2013 at 11:32 PM.
My runaway, Corina Chance just finished her first day in Sunset Valley. I set up her camp on the waterfront, then sent her off to the Junkyard...on the far end of town. Takes her quite a while to run all the way there but at least she'll be in great shape Found a small amount of scrap that I sold off to buy some lettuce and tomatoes, 6 total, 2 to eat and 4 to plant.

Still have to search the town and find dumpsters that will let her dive since the ones at the Junkyard were strangely not usable.

Ended up giving her the traits of Hopeless Romantic, Loner, Animal Lover and Green Thumb.

EDIT: And that did not last long. I definitely camped too far out of town...time to look for a new location and try again.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#114 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 5:53 PM
I started this challenge recently. I'm already on my third week (I'm hooked on this challenge!).. What happens if a meteor comes along and smashes your stuff? (And sets fire to like, everything). Can you sell it?
Test Subject
#115 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 10:06 AM
Its been about 4 sim weeks and my teen (now YA) is married, in a household worth roughly 200,000, and neither sim has ever been employed. Im about to move them into a mansion from their starter lot. Im so tired.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 5th Jan 2014 at 3:31 PM.
Could I make like a single wall for a toilet on my lot lol? Or would I have to make enough money to make the WHOLE bathroom? I kind of already did... Welp... OH WELL XD If you cant download mods could we just delete the cop when we're out after curfew, and just kill the mother when we start?
Test Subject
#117 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 7:14 PM
Can we use The Book of Talent O.o
Test Subject
#118 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 9:04 PM
I'm gonna do this challenge. But no mods. The last time I installed mods it did not end well for me.
Test Subject
#119 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greyle
I'm gonna do this challenge. But no mods. The last time I installed mods it did not end well for me.

Haha, same here
Test Subject
#120 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pookieb
I installed the mover mod but it still says I have to have an adult in the household when I go through CAS. Help!

Use portrait panel from Nraas.
Scholar
#121 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 9:23 PM
Sounds intriguing. Will try it out tomorrow.
Test Subject
#122 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 1:16 AM
Been on this challenge for a little while now and have been posting videos of it on youtube. Everything's going swell, but I do have a question that I'm sure someone else has asked but I could not find the answer to: the rules say you can't have a part-time job unless you have a baby, or reach YA, and you can't have a full time job until you have a home. What if my sim is a teen with no baby and has a home already? Can she have at least a part-time job, or can she skip that and go right for the full-time? I'm voting part-time, but I wanted to check and make sure.
Test Subject
#123 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annoyinggirlfriend
Been on this challenge for a little while now and have been posting videos of it on youtube. Everything's going swell, but I do have a question that I'm sure someone else has asked but I could not find the answer to: the rules say you can't have a part-time job unless you have a baby, or reach YA, and you can't have a full time job until you have a home. What if my sim is a teen with no baby and has a home already? Can she have at least a part-time job, or can she skip that and go right for the full-time? I'm voting part-time, but I wanted to check and make sure.

I played this challenge without baby. What I did was to first work on a part time job and then a career.
Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:12 AM
playing this challenge right now! great job.
Test Subject
#125 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 2:32 AM
Default Teen runaway challenge
I was watching a lp on this but decided to try it myself I'm very excited
Page 5 of 17