Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2021 at 12:23 AM
Default TSR Workshop tutorials still exist? LF: easy/basic TSR workshop tutorials
Hello MTS!!! It´s been a lot of time since I started to read tutorials about modding, I still wish to learn how to mod but it´s kinda complicated for me so I decided to learn about CAS and meshing because, after all, I know how to use photoshop and it´s easier to me to understand, I wanted to start to learn about meshes and everything with TSRW tutorials, but apparently some tutorials have dissapeared, I really don´t know if they exist in wayback machine or something, because I can´t find anything
I wanted to start using CAS texture unitool but I find it really complicated, and I understand the few youtube tutorials for TSRW a little better, so please, tell me your advices, TSRW is really easier than CAS texture unitool? Why I can´t find any tutorial? Thank you in advance for your responses <3
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th May 2021 at 9:36 AM
TSRW is much easier to use than CTU in my opinion. But a lot of the tutorials I've found on it (which are now lost to time because I'm guessing the TSRW folks themselves took them down?) relied on having some prior knowledge of it and weren't too beginner-friendly. I guess you can ask if you have specific questions about TSRW's features.

Just make sure you don't leave it running for a long time or after doing many operations (like importing many textures), it has a tendency to throw an "out of memory" error regardless of your PC specs or how much memory is available. It's a TSRW thing. Oh, and you should probably get this version of TSRW as it's more stable than others: https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...t/169394981331/

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2021 at 8:13 PM
thank you for your reply sweetdevil <3 (I am a huge fan of your creations btw) I actually find some tutorials in youtube about TSRW but they are few and kinda incomplete, and I think the forums of TSRW are dead? (I´m not sure) but I´m actually doing some practice projects drawing things in photoshop and I least have some idea of the program(the mesh what I was practicing in the picture)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th May 2021 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheGmaiden665
thank you for your reply sweetdevil <3 (I am a huge fan of your creations btw) I actually find some tutorials in youtube about TSRW but they are few and kinda incomplete, and I think the forums of TSRW are dead? (I´m not sure) but I´m actually doing some practice projects drawing things in photoshop and I least have some idea of the program(the mesh what I was practicing in the picture)

Thank you! <3 Yeah, I think a lot of TSRW tutorial-centered forums are dead, and last time I checked a few links to tutorials were dead too.
You may find it easier to look up tutorials specifically on what you want to do, rather than how to work with the program itself.
TSRW tutorials are more common (or at least tutorials which make use of TSRW), whereas the only tutorials for CTU I've seen have been here on MTS.
If you have any specific questions you want answered, you can always drop me a line or write here and if I can't help, I'm sure there are many other creators who can

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:25 AM
That´s sounds perfect!!! Actually, I think that I finally have the basic notions of how the program works (I made that horrendous mesh with photoshop basic brush tool, just for practice, nothing serious XD) and I guess that I know how the basic stuff works, but I want to learn about textures, 3D meshes, how make puffy/volume dresses, how the patterns work... a lot of things really, I certainly think that TSRW it´s a lot more easier program than CTU but I still being a complete novice
Screenshots