Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glow-in-the-Dark / Neon Walls & Ceilings

by jgwhiteus Posted 17th Feb 2005 at 10:30 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2006 at 2:58 AM by jgwhiteus : Update

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 12:59 AM
Thts coo, my kids and I have these in our real rooms lol. thanks Simanna
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Thunderess : 27th Feb 2005 at 9:39 PM.
[QUOTE\]

Thunderess,

On your first problem, the green stars and "wallpaper" (it looks like a yellow block) are the default images in the Thumbnail catalog. If you click on those images in the catalog and bring up the object description window (with the price, etc.), do you see more thumbnails for the object underneath the object description, to the sides of the default thumbnail image? If you click on those, then you'll be able to place your re-colors. If you see no options at all, then your re-colors aren't being recognized by the game.

I wasn't sure if the error message you were getting was in the game or in SimPE. SimPE can be quite temperamental about opening, closing, and saving files - e.g. if you open a file twice in the same session, sometimes you won't be able to save changes to it. I usually end up exiting and re-opening SimPE a lot (even though it takes longer) to ensure that whatever objects I've saved are truly closed. The same goes for textures - if you import a texture into your object, and later try to change it and save over it in a paint program while SimPE is still open, you'll sometimes get an error message that prevents you from saving - as long as SimPE is open, the file is protected from changes, so you'll need to close SimPE completely to make changes to the texture in the paint program. Anyway, let me know if this problem persists; thanks,

J.[/QUOTE]
Hello J and thank you for a reply. Sorry if my first post was a bit unread able, since I was barely awake when I made the post :smash: . Let me try this again....

I was able to get your glowing wall and ceiling files to work in my game without a problem. The "wallpaper effect" that I was referring to was a recolor I was trying to make. I am not the greatest with explaining this so please bare with me.

In Simpe_017 I was unable to get an info when making a color extension for the wall file. So I used an older version I believe _015 of Simpe. Everything went fine, I did just as your tutorial showed to do, step by step. I was using a pink as the glowing color and a different shape other than the stars. I commit everything step by step and then save. Closing SimPE and starting the game with new package in a folder in downloads.

When I start my game and load house to check out what I had done. I go into buy mode, under decorations, under other, and then click on what looks like wallpaper that in which opens the window for color options, whether it be stars and moons or just stars ect... but instead of the pink swirly shapes as an option along with the moon and stars... I get the very same one as I used for the base, so I have two of those that show up. Not the pink one I did.... if I exit the game and take out the package I had just done and restart the game, then I dont have duplicates..... This is one but the main one of the problems that I am having.

The one time I did get my color to show up in the game it looked just like wallpaper but only in buy mode as a color ext for your glow wall. But the shapes I had done didnt show up just the whole background with the color.... But I only had this happen once, otherwise the only thing I get is a new extention but looks just like the original that you had done.... and I have done this now about 50 times over the last 4 days now and I end up with the same results everytime

The next problem that I am having happens while in SimPE though I am unable to just close it and retry it I actuallyhave to restart my pc to resolve the closing handle thing.... which, though a pain I could easily deal with that if I could get my recolors to actually work. :P
#53 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 7:54 PM
WOW! It is so cool!
Test Subject
#54 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 12:35 AM
I would love this on my own house!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:12 PM
very funky - great idea!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 10:01 AM
....speechless... Haven't seen anything like it I'll try it... It won't cause problems with EP right?
Test Subject
#57 Old 1st May 2005 at 6:59 PM
Can you make celing tiles that match the paints in the game.
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st May 2005 at 7:08 PM
Default Recolor
:argh: :argh: :bump: :argh: Can some one post a tutorial on how to recolor celing tiles.
#59 Old 1st May 2005 at 7:09 PM
lol :-)
#60 Old 2nd May 2005 at 8:57 AM
Very nice really cool ^_^
Forum Resident
#61 Old 4th May 2005 at 8:43 PM
woot! A*M*A*Z*I*N*G
#62 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:43 AM
Very Nice gUy...
Thanks a lot
#63 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 2:25 PM
i love them! thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:42 AM
what about a recolour wall like this? . im creating a club called station 4 and the stage backdrop and ceiling is like this. also well its logo s4 is outside of the club in red, organge, green, yellow, blue and purple and if someone could make them neon (which they are neon lights), i would be so overjoyed and really appreciate it. im posting pics of both. thanks! have a nice day.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 7:01 AM
This reminds me of my room when i was young, thnx for that
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 11:38 AM
Ohhh I would Love to have the Red Hearts, for a bedroom wall..... I can't seem to find it any place..
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 8:48 PM
Love the effects ! do you plan on making anymore ? or could someone else design some ? esp different color stars and moon - such a great idea! I have no problems in my game . Thanks
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 8:11 AM
LOVE IT!! looks so cool
Mad Poster
#69 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 6:36 AM
This's just fantastic, now I've got some nice way to decorate the interior of a room and even the whole house.... a big TY 2 U.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :jaw: :jaw:
MUST DOWNLOAD!!! MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:24 AM
Cool! Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 8:09 AM
Default Most Original
These are the most original items I have seen yet. Cheers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked in on this thread in a while (it's been a couple of months...eek). I made a minor fix to the files to make them compatible with newer versions of SimPE. I've tested this in the EP with no problems, and any old recolors should still work (I tested the new version with the old recolors available in this thread). Anyway, thanks for all of your comments and let me know if you have any problems; take care,

J.
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:22 PM
I just download Glow-in-the-dark for the Sims2 since I have NightLife now and the new patch. Great Job! I'll add to the kids room in the Sims game!

Thanks,
Andrew T
Field Researcher
#75 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:55 PM
Page 3 of 4