Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2023 at 2:24 AM
Default Baby girl default replacement diaper/onesie
I have looked and asked for help from several people about making a baby girl's default outfit. I want to do Pattern 5 for girls.. I had someone on the Facebook Sims 2 group help me make the unisex one (Thanks Rosie!!), but I wanted to reach out to see if someone could give me a tutorial to make the girls-only version. Any help is appreciated! Admin, please place this in the right spot, I tried to do my best lol!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2023 at 3:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Apr 2023 at 5:17 PM.
For default replacements, you need to make sure you use one of the girl-only outfits (correct mesh), replace the texture, then give the file a new name.

I wrote a quick tutorial for changing the texture here a while back:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...simpe-t526.html

Some of the girl-only outfits have a texture file and a mesh file. You'll want to use both in your game, but you only need to change the texture file.

If you're working with a different mesh than existing ones, you need to replace the mesh, too. Difficulty level may depend on the mesh (especially if it's a two-part mesh).

---

For Kalux' files, those are non-defaults and use a different mesh than the existing default meshes, so you'd have to also change out the mesh file (can sometimes be a bit complicated for TS3/TS4 conversions, because you'll often also have to do changes in the recolor file to match the mesh).

Non-defaults lets you pick any outfit you want for the babies, so those can be quite nice if you want more options than just two (personally I've pretty much stopped using defaults, because the non-defaults are a lot more useful).

--

The absolutely easiest way to do it if you don't want to use non-defaults at all but don't want to make new files, is to pick two non-default outfits, one for girls and one for boys, then towniefy them (can be done with SimPE, the Wardrobe Wrangler, or a couple other tools), set one for girls only and the other for boys only, and that should make them act as if they're defaults. You can also towniefy several non-defaults, and your game will pick randomly from them without you having to dress up the babies (the outfits kind of act as a large set of defaults).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2023 at 3:58 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll try this and if I have any questions I'll post