Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#76 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 7:54 AM
What you guys don't like to keep a woohoo log?

Check out my Simblr
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#77 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
What you guys don't like to keep a woohoo log?

Hey, one of the advantages back in TS3 with using Woohooer (with Kama Simtra) was you could get detailed stats on your sim's activities any time you wanted for a cheap thrill.
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
What I found disturbing was how proud they were of themselves, boasting about the fact that they track people's woohoos. They work in an odd bubble where that sort of thing is perfectly normal to them.

Thank you! I got so much flak for stating that I thought it was creepy over at a certain site. Plus a certain person who likes cats was all over that. It creepy enough but that person made it wayyyyy more creepy. Your right they were giddy as heck over that dam challange. The whole thing just smacked of them sneaking into your game thru a "contest". Their doing it again with the treat or treat thing. I do not turn on the online stuff never have never will. They dont need to know what Im doing in my game.
Inventor
#79 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 7:36 PM
I don't think it weird for them to take pride in woohoo, or in any of the other stuff they track. Death, births, marriage, divorces, etc. When you have fans that like to make challenges or even just simply like playing as a black widow, a baby popping rabbit, or a woohoo maniac. Why not take pride in it and show that they support their fans and their freaky gameplay

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#80 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 7:50 PM
I don't have a problem with the taking pride in woohoo. I do have a problem with them taking pride in spying, especially with the more personal aspects of the game. They take awkward to a whole new level.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Inventor
#81 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:35 PM Last edited by VentusMatt : 30th Oct 2015 at 9:55 PM.
Eh I think spying is just a part of any game with online connection. Only difference is they are more open about it.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#82 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:41 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 30th Oct 2015 at 11:37 PM.
That may be, but they aren't doing themselves any favors. Makes them look like pervy chumps.

Mad Poster
#83 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 7:50 AM
It's not a matter of pride, it's something else. Sex, romance, even violence are elements of story telling, but I don't enjoy seeing them turned into game goals or to have skill ratings associated with them. It's not just this game. There were elements of this in Sims 3, too (University, especially comes to mind with some of the jock goals) and Sims 2 hinted at it with the Romance and Popularity aspiration goals (bed so many, win fights, etc...).
Inventor
#84 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 8:10 AM
Must be pretty glad that they scrapped the Woohoo skill they teased during production

In all seriousness a woohoo skill sounds like a real waste of a skill but there are still some that want them to add it.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#85 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
It's not a matter of pride, it's something else. Sex, romance, even violence are elements of story telling, but I don't enjoy seeing them turned into game goals or to have skill ratings associated with them. It's not just this game. There were elements of this in Sims 3, too (University, especially comes to mind with some of the jock goals) and Sims 2 hinted at it with the Romance and Popularity aspiration goals (bed so many, win fights, etc...).

Yeah, I very rarely play with romance sims. I have one TS2 sim that I kicked out of college for fighting with everybody. He got sent to the family bin, and then I placed him in an apartment only to find out that he wants to have 20 lovers. It seems like overkill to me, especially since the rest of my town is full of family-loving sims. I like having stable family relationships, and so I will probably end up changing his aspiration or something. (Unless there is a mod that reduces that number to something more realistic for a creep.)

Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 9:53 PM
I know I've seen mods that change the weirder aspirations to something more manageable, but can't remember if or where I might have seen one changing the 20 lovers one.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM
I have the one that reduces the number of kids they want. Depending on how involved it is, I might be able to figure it out by looking at it. (Although, honestly, looking at BHAVs kind of reminds me of very intricate cobwebs. I would prefer to download it. )

Mad Poster
#88 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Yup! Even if you are lucky enough to get a survey, if you answer the age question 'wrong'...they will kick you out of it. This has happened to several of our members.

This actually has me quite curious to do some testing and see if there are indeed biases in their system.

Quote: Originally posted by Ather
bullshit simulator.

TS4 in a nutshell.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#89 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:24 PM
First you would have to get them to send you a survey. They never bother sending me any, even though I signed up for all of their newsletters.

Mad Poster
#90 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:32 PM
Which could prove difficult seeing those surveys are randomized. Hmm, or maybe they're not randomized at all and who they give the survey to is part of their bias.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#91 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tonicmole
Honestly I stopped playing the game along time ago, but always had the intention of booting back up once the game was fleshed out a little more. My problem came when it became evident that all future content would be limited to $20 game packs or $40 expansion packs. I don't intend on offending people who can enjoy TS4, but for me personally it seems like a ludicrous slap in the face to fans. One that continues to get worse with every month they continue to try and convince us that Sims 4 wasn't an abandoned MMO thrown together as a cash grab. It has some good things going for it, but honestly so did The Sims: Busting Out, but I don't think Busting Out should have been a major numbered PC release. Anyways, I'm interested to see how many people in this community are feeling the same way. Are we just like the people who refused to play Sims 3, or is Sims 4 actually as bad as I feel it is. Don't know. Either way Fallout 4 comes out soon so.....I know what I'll be doing.

Well...sometimes the glass is half full. Sometimes it´s half empty. And other times it´s just very empty. Big deal.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Mad Poster
#92 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 7:05 AM
That conversation ended a while ago, man. And it was nowhere near as hostile as you're making it O____O

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#93 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weerbesu
They are listening to the players. That's what the surveys and telemetry are for
They are just not pandering to a small group of fans at the expense of all other players :lovestruc

Hell, just the fact that EA has the sales data for all past EP/SP/store content (and we don't) means that they know what people want in their game better than any of us.
And no, just because you read what a small group of people say on the Internet doesn't mean you know other players better than EA does

What Sim-made drink have you been imbibing nonstop?
Mad Poster
#94 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 12:02 AM
Seems like an employee or some way affiliated with EA or just love being mischief like that. Though that's just a theory (But damn, weerbesu sure has good looks If that's him as the avatar)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Smeg Head
#95 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:46 PM

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Page 4 of 4