Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:25 AM
Default Mobile makes 4 look pretty good.
Having had Sims withdrawal on my ipad I reinstalled Freeplay. Not sure I lasted ten minutes before uninstalled totally. Then got mobile back from the cloud and lasted maybe 20 at the most there until the fashion designer showed up. Totally unininstalled as BORED OUT OF MY MIND with it. These games actually make 4 with all of its problems look pretty darn good in comparison. (!) LOL My go to game is 3 but do not have it installed here and miss it terribly.

So, are any of you actually playing any of the Sim apps......................... at all?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:26 PM
I have played both. I hated Sims Mobile. I used to love Sims Free play, but it has gotten where you have to play constantly to make any progress or pay to win. I can't imagine trying it now as a new player. I have built up Sims and funds over the years and It is still frustrating for me. It was a great little mobile game at one time though. I don't think it compares to the PC games though, except the babies in Free play are better than Sims 4 babies.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:12 PM
I did try download it once (was just new at a time), but for whatever reason I couldn't install or play it for some technical issue encounter. Hah, this reminds me when a classmate on my that was seating next to me pulled his phone to play it. Was kinda stoken thinking maybe he had or plays PC game, which to my disappoint he didn't. Wish I could have suggested them and introduced him to the franchise more (of course I would offered him The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 as a safe risk). Back to the point: i don't think I'll play any sins game that includes microtransaction and what not of similar nature that inquires real money and even internet connection. Been there, done that with FreePlay (what's unfortunate the potential such portable game could carry if not for grinding and pay2win systems inserted in it)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:29 PM
I gave up on the Sims mobile the minute they asked me to wait an hour for my sim to wash their hands. Or pay to get past the time limit

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:32 PM
Tried all the mobile games and yeah they make the sims 4 look good lol. I almost liked the last one but bumped into the no more energy wall. Not being able to play more than 5 minutes at a time is a major nope. Any mobile game that relies on 'energy' is crap and doomed to fail. i.e. a game that forces its players to not play is counterproductive and inevitably makes 99% of its players rage quitting and uninstalling, sooner or later (The 1% left being the holy grail famous whale). The good mobile games are those that understood that, like a lot of those small casual games that ended up removing the mandatory energy stat by giving endless energy to their players so they didn't have to heavily update their games to make them be real games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 8:47 AM
I think games where we can play for just a tiny bit due to energy requirements are ridiculous. I also am so fed up with so many ads in so many games that I actually am turning off my wifi now to use one of my apps which I can play with it off. Sent them a complaint about the nonstop distracting ads.

One thing that drove me nuts in the mobile version was having to click on things when they were done. The game was just nonstop clicking and not the open sandbox I like in the PC versions. We just seemed to do the same actions over and over and over..................... until I said NUFF of that and nuked the app.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:12 PM
I've had my fair share of facebook money grabbing games. This I won't do.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I gave up on the Sims mobile the minute they asked me to wait an hour for my sim to wash their hands. Or pay to get past the time limit

"It costs us money to make this game!1!!" I envision such groans if the game was run by the same dev team.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:11 AM
I have tossed some money at some game apps and I have spent quite a bit on one, but they are not ones where you have to pay action by action to keep playing. They are ones that let you obtain items you want and progress faster. It is totally a choice whether to get them or not and I have chosen in some cases. But the games that nickel and dime you to death nonstop.............. no thanks!