Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 4:42 PM
Default Do you think it's possible to make a mod or something that changes back the packs, plumbob, loading screens and main page of TS4 after the update?
I'm talking about the rebranding and the new look someone came up with recently that uses eye killer blues all over the place.

I don't know whose idea was it and why they haven't asked the community before making a huge change like that, but here we go.
I like the idea of re-making the brand and the main page just so it's refreshing, but that obnoxious blue is lterally making my eyes hurt and giving me a headache.
Especially the loading screen.
I don't even care about the ugly plumbob and textbook-like pack covers that much, I care about the fact that playing my favourite game will literally cause me physical pain.

How am I supposed to play from now on, seriously? This game is 50% loading screens. Am I supposed to look away every single time I try to travel or something?
But it's not like EA will listen, even though I'm not the only one with this problem...

My last hope is that someone can do something about it... So do you think it's possible?
Can we get back the old (current) loading creens, menu, main page, etc.?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 5:27 PM
Loading screen mods and main menu mods are already a thing, so I'm optimistic people will helps us out with mods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 5:54 PM
It's all in the FullBuilds and data packages like that. You just need to know what to extract from where, make it a default replacement, and chances are that's all it'll take. Though it's probably not quite that simple in practice.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 6:02 PM
I mean, someone managed to find the base game loading screen from 2014 and make a replacement with that. So no doubt there will be somebody up to the task.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM
I wouldn't have gone that far back......the original loading screen was way out of place. It looks like they recycled assets from Into the Future. Like, the hexagonal patterns and the weird green glow.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 6:41 PM
The best strictly from what we've had has honestly been the current one. Well, the plumbob itself anyway, not so much the tiny ones in the background. But it goes with the game's aesthetic well. That's also why the rebranded plumbob is so horrible. In a game that touts simple textures and models as its "dedicated art style" the amount of detail on the new one goes against that design philosophy, not to mention it just looks awful.

I wish TwistedMexi could update his Classic Menu mod, as in the start/load menu. This one, specifically:

Just the right amount of usability and not too much advertising. The placement of everything flowed much better.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 6:55 PM
There were mods like that? Wow... Seriously, which rock was I hiding under?
I guess there is hope then! After all this seems to be a problem lots of people are gonna have... I hope someone makes a mod like this.

Thank you guys!