Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Grand Trianon Collection - *UPD 20 MAR 2008*

by The "Dream Team" Posted 11th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM - Updated 7th May 2009 at 9:01 AM by Numenor

1511 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1487 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 61
Test Subject
#126 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:26 PM
it looks great so how do you download it?
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
The Collection files are not the entire "collection" itself. It is the in-game collection. The yellow folders in the catalog. You must put these files in your COLLECTIONS folder, not your Downloads.

Right.. err, I'll pass that along to the person who first suggested they were collections of the files.. or something like that.

"Here's a tip: aluminum foil makes a lovely hat and it blocks out the government's mind control rays." -- Richard Belzer
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:29 PM
Still cannot get them to download with not being &quote But I did not get this screen name because I give up easily.LOL
Test Subject
#129 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:32 PM Last edited by _wholelottalove : 11th Jul 2005 at 4:53 PM.
This set is Goregous!
Great Job!!
Test Subject
#130 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:36 PM
Everytime I finished downloading a section, I'd scroll down and find more. Is it christmas already?!? An absolutely beautiful set!
Instructor
#131 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:38 PM Last edited by phat_man55 : 11th Jul 2005 at 4:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by phat_man55
ill go check now!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

*edit* i read the posts, i put the collections in the downloads folder, didnt do anything. i downloaded all of these without the collections. and there all blue, blinking black. help me plz

ps sorry for the bad resolution. its a gif file

all the objects are blue, except for the toilet, the bedil, the top of the sink, the actuall bed part (not the frame) and the books on the shelf.
ps the animations for the bunkbed look good (the whole stair thing :D)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:39 PM
At least you got the downloads to work for you
Instructor
#133 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:43 PM
lol, thats true. didnt they work for you?
Test Subject
#134 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:44 PM
tHANKS AMILLION THE OBJECTS ARE JUST PERFECT I MUST CHECK FOR BLEEDING BUT JUST GREAT THE BUNK BEDS ARE MY FAVORITE
#135 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:47 PM
Brilliant idea, great work, great team. Thank you very much, I'm very glad there still are people who think about others.
Forum Resident
#136 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:47 PM
seems that you don't have the right mirror.

PS: Your work is REALLY awesome!!!!!

one suggestion: bundle them up, create an installer using one of the MANY software packs to do so out there and make it the neww expansion pack... Just kidding...
but I hope you will shoot anyone down who wants a .zip version ^^. I fear downloading because of that amount of files, and what would happen if one wants you to re-upload anything. I think Delphy will even give you the gun for shooting those down, he would have no space on his servers anymore.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:48 PM
Phat_man55 no they do not. I keep getting the files as &quote in the downloads folder even though they are saving as .rar when I click to get them.
I tried checking the cant view thumbnails box but that made all files into &quote. I cleared IE cache and reloaded. I have refreshed browser several times and have rebooted. Maybe it's that I am blonde..LOL
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:48 PM
Thank You!! This is a beautiful set
Instructor
#139 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:51 PM
im blonde too, or maybe im just a smart blonde :D
shiny!
retired moderator
#140 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:54 PM
Oh my god! :o WONDERFUL THANK YOU! btw, does anyone know how you turn a painting side ways? I never could figure that out..
Test Subject
#141 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:55 PM
Fantastic.....just downloaded can't wait to try it out in game....blondietraci
Instructor
#142 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:55 PM
callistra, if you download milkshape and all those things then it would be easy.
what painting do you want sideways and i'll do it for you. (eventually)
Test Subject
#143 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:56 PM
OMG.What an awesome job.Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Test Subject
#144 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:57 PM
Quote:
but I hope you will shoot anyone down who wants a .zip version

Yeah, you know, because anyone who wants a .zip version isn't "uber", or something like that.

Anyway, as sick as I am of .rar, I'd take a .rar collection just to get all of this without having to click that many times. Between messing with four cars and years of excessive game playing, my hands and wrists are getting beat up pretty badly. Have a permanent lump on one wrist.
Instructor
#145 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxine
Firstly, thank you all for this beautiful collection. I have read this entire thread and nobody else has mentioned this, so I hope that it is not just my game.

But the Armoire with three mirrors (called a High Dresser in my game), shown in the first screen shot of Post 3, flashes pink in my game. It is just one of the mirrors, but it is also pink in the thumbnail of Buy Mode.

I have only played with the bedroom items so far, so do not know of any other quirks.

same with me, except mine flashes blue
Test Subject
#146 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 4:59 PM
brilliant!! absolutly brilliant!!!!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#147 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:00 PM
AHHHHHH!!!!!!

*edit* i read the posts, i put the collections in the downloads folder, didnt do anything. i downloaded all of these without the collections. and there all blue, blinking black. help me plz

ps sorry for the bad resolution. its a gif file

all the objects are blue, except for the toilet, the bedil, the top of the sink, the actuall bed part (not the frame) and the books on the shelf.
ps the animations for the bunkbed look good (the whole stair thing :D)

Do you have the latest CEP installed? Did you make sure you downloaded ALL the files?

Read my post above. Put the _collections files in the COLLECTIONS folder, not Downloads.

DDO
Instructor
#148 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:04 PM
what happens if you dont download the collections? it just turns blue like that?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#149 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:03 PM
what happens if you dont download the collections? it just turns blue like that?

Those collections files populate those folders so you can find all the items faster (without searching throughout the Buy Mode catalog). Not having them should not make your items blue.

I recommend you put these files in their own separate folder within your Downloads folder and call it "Grand Trianon" or something you can easily recognize.

COUNT all the files to make sure you have them all. Then make sure you have the latest CEP files installed.

Also, I suggest that everyone just hold your horses w/ repeating the same issues until someone from The Dream Team comes back to check out the comments on this thread.

DDO
Forum Resident
#150 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:07 PM
@strategery: I recommend "Total comander (available at http://www.ghisler.com/), you can unpack most archieves with it by marking all of them and pressing alt+f9. in conjunction with winrar, you can then pack all this again. the trial is free forever, but you need to buy it in order to get rid of the annoying startup screen. anyway it is a helpful utility.
Page 6 of 61