Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 12:55 AM
Default The Sims 4 Patches & Updates Discussion Threas / Starting with "Babies" Feb 2
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comm...tm_source=share

Thoughts? I will admit - they quite look cool and fun to play around. If I had any excitement left in me, I would be gush over it (just mere how in-depth it looks to even TS2 babies with their mobility ability and what not). Though the only disdain I have that it being a seperate life state, it leaves me to belief babies will still be stuck to basins (ugh). But other than that, I think this is certaintly something positive as a first IMPRESSION over leaked game additionnthat we ever gotten

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:26 AM
Bassinet babies will grow into infants, which then become toddlers and so on. I'm looking forward to the crawling rugrats.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:26 AM
Interesting, but I'm not holding my breath. Might be underwhelming. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but this is EA we're talking about. They did great with toddlers (though sims 4 toddlers are my least favorite in the series, personally), so it would be nice if the "new" babies actually are good...in Sims 4 terms, I mean. Let's just hope this development won't be broken like the mess that Wedding Stories was.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 4:11 AM
The issue with babies not being updated is due to save files with existing babies potentially being obliterated. It’s much easier to add a (completely useless) life state to avoid save file complications - the game can progress as it normally would have a babies will just age up.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Bassinet babies will grow into infants, which then become toddlers and so on. I'm looking forward to the crawling rugrats.

So newborns are still tied to their cribs, then this is nothing more than a Toddlers update.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:20 PM
That's pretty much what it was always going to be. Going in and completely overwriting the already existing babies would probably be a freaking nightmare for everyone's save files.

Which is why I wish they had just given us a pre-teen life stage instead. I appreciate the effort and the fact that they know they fucked up with the babies, but I'd rather have a buffer in between the child and teen stage than...just scaled down toddlers. Just seems kinda pointless for life stages that only last a few days anyway.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:27 PM
I really don't care...

They don't look like babies, they're like toddlers with other skins... xD They're cute, but I would have preferred a true teen stage... Anyway, as I said, I don't care, the game is unbearable.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 7:10 PM
I honestly never had a problem with babies being objects in 4, myself. If I want a real baby, I'd play 2 or 3, not a big deal. I usually ignore them until it's time for them to age up, anyway. Like others have said, would be nice if they gave more focus on other things. Would be interesting if there was a preteen stage, or an in-between stage between toddler and child. I don't know, I'm rambling.

Can't wait to see how buggy everything will be after this.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 11:47 PM
Why do people have problem with the babies in Sims 4 anyway? If my Sims have enough energy I just instantly age my babies up to toddlers and voilah, no annoying object baby screaming in the corner every few hours.

I'm most baffled at how long they're planning to make this new life stage since babies turn into toddlers in year and that's 2 days in the game on normal aging. Are they suddenly going to change it for sims to take tons more days to reach toddler age or are we getting infants who stay in that age for 1-2 days only? If they're only going to remain infants for couple short days then the lifestage might as well just not exist at all since you won't get anything done in that short amount of time. If they add multiple days into that then that's annoying for me too since it's going to bother me that they messed up sim aging even more when it already doesn't make any sense. Wish we could just edit the life span on our own like was possible in Sims 3 so I could make it make sense to myself. :/
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 5:47 PM
Wasn't this added as an answer to people complaining about the original babies? If so, I guess it matters to those who wanted this.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury