Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 12:39 AM
Default creating an object without outdoor shadow
Hello everyone!

I am on a project in which im trying to do a sidewalk pavement.
And sadly when i put the objects on the floor, in the outdoors (obviously) i get that result WITH HIGH SHADOWS SETTINGS

Now with MEDIUM SHADOW SETTINGS I get that:
Which are awesome results to me i believe! but then again I need to place objects in the outdoor such as trees, cars, poles etc...
and i want them to be casting shadows just as if they had HIGH shadow settings...

My question is, is there a way to set the object with a certain setting so that it isnt casting shadows on HIGH SHADOW SETTINGS?

Thanks so much
Screenshots
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 1:34 AM
You could add to the Function Init BHAV: [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0044 (Shadow Type) := Literal 0x0000)

Try it and see?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 1:03 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 1:40 PM
Thank you so much Maybesomethingidunno and HugeLunatic i'll test both differently and let y'all know!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 11:07 PM
@Maybesomethingidunno. I Added in Function Init BHAV: [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0044 (Shadow Type) := Literal 0x0000)

But still a shadow is appearing

And @Hugelunatic I
edited the GMND and set the subset value to 0 in tsnoshadow but still the shadow is appearing.

I wonder if there is a specific way to do both of these things.
Theorist
#6 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:02 PM
There are some Maxis rugs that don't cast shadows outside. As a last resort you can try and clone your sidewalks from one of those? Just be sure to update the subset name in the GMND if you change it.
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:04 PM
I'm fairly certain tsnoshadow should be set to 1 to remove the outdoor shadow, not 0.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'm fairly certain tsnoshadow should be set to 1 to remove the outdoor shadow, not 0.
I'm fairly certain I could be wrong on these values and you could be correct.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Dears... tsnoshadow set either on 1 or 0 does not remove the outdoor casted shadow on the object.... Is there any other solutions?
Alchemist
#10 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 9:24 PM
If you're not ready to try Honeywell's suggestion, maybe post your object and see if someone else can figure it out? What did you clone this from?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 10:52 PM
@omglo I tried cloning it from maxis rugs and still no luck...

But very great idea ill attach it down there for anyone who is willing to give it a go!
I cloned this object from the fruit bowl sculpture object.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Trotoire1.rar (187.6 KB, 4 downloads)
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 11:07 PM Last edited by omglo : 21st Mar 2020 at 11:32 PM.
In your GMND, you have to add lines for all the subsets that you don't want to have a shadow. Just in case you don't know, the subsets are the parts of the GMDC, so fruitbowl_fruit etc. So, go to tsnoshadow, on your bottom right, choose "value" from the dropdown menu. Then click the blue "add" button at the bottom. Type the name of your first subset, change the value to 1. Then repeat the steps for every subset in your package.

ETA: fixed a mistake.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:00 AM
Omglo THANK YOU it is now working!