Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 1:37 PM
How to hide columns when walls are in cutaway mode
Hi,
I need help with hiding columns when walls are in the cutaway mode because I can't see properly when playing if there are a lot of columns. It is really annoying. So i would love to hack CC columns or even maxis ones to hide when in cutaway mode. I will start with CC. I guess it is somewhere in Object Data? But I am not sure where exactly...

I will start with this CC columns and their arches from Spaik (TSR). https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...ims2/id/785141/
All is for my own personal purposes.

Thank you so much for help in advance
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 2:49 PM
To make objects hide with walls down, it's a line in the bhav for each object.
Code:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0008 (flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000B (hide for cutaway))
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 3:00 PM Last edited by LaraHCroft : 21st Aug 2020 at 9:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
To make objects hide with walls down, it's a line in the bhav for each object.
Code:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0008 (flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000B (hide for cutaway))

Ah, thank you! I will try it

Hm, it doesn't work. I think I had to do something wrong... But no idea what it is.

In Object Functions is called "init" so that is why I am editing that one.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:49 AM
In line 0x4 change True taget from True to 0x5.
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
In line 0x4 change True taget from True to 0x5.

That will create a loop, and the BHAV will never exit. EITHER, do the above and also for line 5 change the true target from 2 to True OR don't do the above and change the true target for line 1 from 2 to 5

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
That will create a loop, and the BHAV will never exit. EITHER, do the above and also for line 5 change the true target from 2 to True OR don't do the above and change the true target for line 1 from 2 to 5

So I tried both versions. One for the column and second for arch. But both versions don't work - the objects are still visible in cutaway mode (even reboughted)

Column - "OR don't do the above and change the true target for line 1 from 2 to 5"

Arch - "EITHER, do the above and also for line 5(8) change the true target from 2 to True"
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:35 PM
In order for something to hide in cutaway view it needs to be placed on a wall--columns are placed on the ground so they can't be hid.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
In order for something to hide in cutaway view it needs to be placed on a wall--columns are placed on the ground so they can't be hid.

So I would have to change their placement from ground to wall and then place them with moveobjects? Interesting. Thank you for the info
Theorist
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraHCroft
So I would have to change their placement from ground to wall and then place them with moveobjects? Interesting. Thank you for the info

No, that won't work. You can experiment yourself and see. Take a painting and place it in the middle of a room with move objects on--it won't hide in cutaway view because it's not attached to a wall. You might be able to make some deco columns that require walls but are positioned varying distances away (think Fairy Forest's outdoor omsp's but not slots, objects in slots don't hide). That's the direction I think you'd need to head to make this work. Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
No, that won't work. You can experiment yourself and see. Take a painting and place it in the middle of a room with move objects on--it won't hide in cutaway view because it's not attached to a wall. You might be able to make some deco columns that require walls but are positioned varying distances away (think Fairy Forest's outdoor omsp's but not slots, objects in slots don't hide). That's the direction I think you'd need to head to make this work. Good luck!

I see, so that is why you managed to hack the maxis annoying closet and hide it for cutaway. Because it is wall attached. But I guess that means I ended here Because there is so much variantion of placing those objects, it would be too hard for me. Hm, that is sad.

Thank you Honeywell, for the info though