Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Vvg : 29th Oct 2020 at 5:51 PM.
Default [SOLVED] Effects file in SimPe
Hi! Sorry for bothering with a stupid question, but I need to find the in-game object file to see his Effects/FX. I do not clearly understand how to find it through a SimPe. The objects are the sauna from Bon Voyage and the pool from the base game (it is not an object, does it have the Effect file?). Delete this post if I wrote in the wrong section.

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 2:38 AM
You want to find the effects names? The easiest way to do that is clone the object then go to Test Lists. The effects list is the one with an instance of 8F. You can then reuse the effect. If you're trying to edit the effect itself, though, that's not currently possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You want to find the effects names? The easiest way to do that is clone the object then go to Test Lists. The effects list is the one with an instance of 8F. You can then reuse the effect.

Yes, that's what I need, but how do I find the name of the effect? How to do this "The easiest way to do that is clone the object then go to Test Lists"?

Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:04 PM
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3133512 - that will teach you how to clone an object. So follow these steps, clone the sauna, for example, and then you'll have a copy of the object that will be open in SimPE. On the right side of the screen, you'll see a Resource Tree. Scroll down to the bottom of that section. You'll see Text Lists (STR). Click that. You'll see a bunch of text lists. Scroll through, one will be called Effects or sometimes FX.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:49 PM
Thank you very much, @omglo, for directing me to the right place!

Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 9:16 PM
Glad it worked out.