Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 4:47 AM
Well since finally watching the trailer, all I want to be able to do is actuall build a skyscraper with 10 or 20 floors.
And be able to live in and on all of the floors with elevators, stairs and why can't you put a transporter inside.
Vampires should be able to transport themselves via all the old hollywood ways, bats, clouds of smoke, wolves, guess I already said this once. Sorry.
Would be fun to build several skyscrapers and have high rise bridges connecting them.
Could we get the burglers to rappel down them to break into apts?
Have them also like condos where you could buy or sell them for extravagent prices. But sir this is a million dollar view. Bridges - could we have suicide sims jumping off.
Adventurous sims bungy jumping off bridges and skyscrapers, para sailing, etc.
What about the water under the bridges. Can the sims go scuba diving like in san francisco.
Discos bring back 70's 80's music, saturday night fever suits, get popular trait to get into disco.
Dancing sims various styles and eras maybe.
Ah long for fred astaire and ginger rogers.
Could be travel back in time via stuff like that.
Advertisement
Theorist
#152 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:05 AM
I'm hoping and praying that we will get real apartments but I don't have much hope as all they have mentioned are penthouses....

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:13 AM
We only got any "official" info yesterday, so we can't dash our hopes yet.
Eminence Grise
#154 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Achromagus
...what?

Instead of "village" your first thought is "clearly set in the past"?

Yes You are not going to find archaelogical sites that any random visitor can stroll into and make off with all the loot in the present.

Was my first thought when playing WA adventures... ah for the glory days when tomb raiding and extracting valuable artifacts, and getting em home without worrying about customs, was just a normal colonial pastime

Besides that, there are plenty of rustic villages in the modern world, but any place with dozens of historical and cultural sites is going to have modern amenities for the tourists, like roads, cars, and more than one run-down hotel.
Banned
#155 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:19 AM
That's more game mechanics than evidence that your sim travels violently through time when going on vacation...they're pretty clearly just underdeveloped little villages. Hell, you can see bright and glowing paris from Champs Les Sims. And your vacation homes can have all the same furniture your real one days.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#156 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Ugh, why is everyone still so focused on those fake boobs.
People are focussed on them because they're being waved in people's faces?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eminence Grise
#157 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Achromagus
That's more game mechanics than evidence that your sim travels violently through time when going on vacation...they're pretty clearly just underdeveloped little villages. Hell, you can see bright and glowing paris from Champs Les Sims. And your vacation homes can have all the same furniture your real one days.

I didn't say your sims travel violently through time. I think it's just a matter of EA harkening back to a time when travel was more romantic than it is today, heh. It's anachronistic, but temporal realism is not a feature of the Sims series. Note how in your base hood technology, fashion, and the cost of cheese never change, no matter how many generations you play
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#158 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Yes You are not going to find archaelogical sites that any random visitor can stroll into and make off with all the loot in the present.
You're not going to find them in the PAST, either, really. Those places tend to be pillaged by robbers within a hundred years or so. But there is NOWHERE that you can find where you can come BACK and RE-PILLAGE the same place. This is why I don't think those things are real, they're really tourist-trap tchotckies that the locals set up as bait for dumb tourists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#159 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:31 AM
Isn't TS3 suppose to take place, 50 years before TS2.

But even then the treasures would have been long gone.
Instructor
#160 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:26 AM Last edited by Drakron : 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:27 PM.
But of course they would, the Egyptians for example had the habbit of doing that ... even Pharaohs were not shy of taking the name off a statue and put theirs.
Instructor
#161 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sisvl
We only got any "official" info yesterday, so we can't dash our hopes yet.

Er....I read the official announcement and fact stats, usually what is written there is right.

If they say about penthouse it means penthouse, not apartment.

Whatever how wild our imagination and prediction in the last 2 EPs, at the end everything back to the official announcement and fact stats.

I feel sad about this too......I hope there are miracle.
Scholar
#162 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:50 AM
Anyways, why are you guys talking about WA in the LN thread? roflmao
Mad Poster
#163 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:54 AM
I'm with Srikandi with this, but I think it's mostly a mix of past and present. I have not been to Egypt, France or China, but I have been to many other Arabic countries, and none of them look as "authentic" as the Egypt EA gave us. Even in poor parts of those countries, you see technology on the street,combined with some modern architecture and such, even if that modern architecture is just a school or a electronics shop. Now the only modern things in EA's Egypt is a random stereo or computer in some body's house.

This is also why I was never turned off with the Tombs not resetting. For the sake or realism (or as close to it as you can get in the Sims), after you discover and raid a tomb in RL, it pretty much stays discovered.
Forum Resident
#164 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:25 AM
Ok from the new interview here :
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
There are some new facts...
Practically apartments are confirmed as well taverns , curved pools ,you can hire bartenders on your own party ,and more!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Forum Resident
#165 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:31 AM
It sure does. Also says we've got curved pools back.

This part interests me though:

Quote:
With an open world The Sims 3, we managed to create a stunning living city, which you’ve never seen before. It has everything could wish for your soul: bars, clubs, gardens and terraces, studio, secret corners, observation platforms, and even avtomobilchik with fast food!

Fast food makes me think a restaurant, but I really have not clue what the word before it is. It looks like it could be automobile, but looking at a foreign word and comparing it to English doesn't always work.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
Say someone knows the guitar really good, but that doesn't mean he's good at the drums. Same with the piano. The 'mastering one instrument and being on level 5 of every other one' idea is not that good. Doesn't make sense. Sure they know beat good, but still don't know how to use the others.

Level 5, perhaps not. I'd agree - by level 5, on the guitar skill at least, they didn't appear to be struggling at all, just playing.

However, I think it would be totally realistic for a sim with maxed out guitar to pick up the bass and get the message "Because Jim Bob is such a good guitar player, he will start off at level 3 on the Bass skill"

Perhaps each instrument could have their own skill, and there could be a separate skill titled "Music Theory." Once that's mastered (it would take a lot less time to master this skill than other skills), a sim would start off on a certain level with all instruments. Perhap at level 5 of music theory, they'd start off at level 1 for other instruments, and level 2 if they mastered Music Theory.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Forum Resident
#167 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:33 AM
I need Apartments, and I can't stop looking at my Apartment Life case longingly. I think I'll install AL until LN comes out.
Scholar
#168 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:44 AM Last edited by suzetter : 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:41 PM.
I think that it’s not in the past as much as EA created a romanticized stereotype of these places by omitting the more generic modern elements. The unique aspect of France is the "Nectar" making so they made the area reflect the wine country by making it look rather provincial. In Egypt they focused on the ancient monuments. Egyptian monuments span an enormous area and are in isolated locations with any modern structures in these areas usually quite a ways off from the monuments. So EA kept the focus on the monuments by building the other stuff in a way to blend in with the pyramids and Deir-el-Bahri, etc. I don't know what China looks like. People could always build more modern homes for their Sims in these countries if they want. It’s definitely meant to be present day though but I like that they omitted some elements and really created locales different than where the Sims live even if is a romanticized vision. The mythological slant to these places plays in well with the whole quest aspect.
Scholar
#169 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:01 AM
I'm thinking the fast food might instead be the carts that were in Sims 1 Hot Date and Superstar. I always wished they returned in the Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#170 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I'm thinking the fast food might instead be the carts that were in Sims 1 Hot Date and Superstar. I always wished they returned in the Sims 2.

That I'd love. I loved buying food from those carts. I'd love to see the ice cream counter back too.

Actually, just bring back all of what we had in Hot Date, except for that damn guitar player who would make my dates get stuck in the booth because he wouldn't move.
Instructor
#171 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
That I'd love. I loved buying food from those carts. I'd love to see the ice cream counter back too.

Oh God. I miss this screenshot!!!

Although it's 2D and old, the atmosphere really tell us something, something that missing in TS2 and probably TS3 Late Night.

I miss the foot carts and all romantic things from TS1 like flowers and chocolate. Take our girlfriend and go shopping.
Forum Resident
#172 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
like flowers and chocolate. Take our girlfriend and go shopping.

Don't forget about The Sims. Always loved you could buy The Sims and give it as a gift, they never played it, but you could still gift it. Actually, all of the gifts disappeared into that black hole of a butt Sims have, but it was still fun getting the stuff and gifting them.

I'm so glad I found an unopened copy of Complete Collection at Half-Priced Books last year, I've got to play Sims 1 again.
Scholar
#173 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:37 AM
That picture beings back so many memories. Ahh, nostalgia.

Now that I think of it, Sims 1 did have the best store options (well, maybe our stores in Open For business could beat it). Toys, jewelery, gifts, clothes and the fast food options were hard to beat. I wish Sims 3 would have more shops, especially clothing boutiques. I liked designing functioning shopping malls in the Sims 2.
Scholar
#174 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:47 AM Last edited by suzetter : 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
People are focussed on them because they're being waved in people's faces?

Only because people keep posting pics from the trailer here. We've had cc sliders for that for quite awhile now so that capability is old news.

Edit: Gobot101 and PirateWolf12 -- I love seeing those screens. There is something really cute and charming about TS1. I played it in Feb but it had problems with my current OS The ice cream cart coming back would be nice. So would the arcade games.
Top Secret Researcher
#175 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:53 AM
Okay, definitely have to have a go at TS1 one now. That picture brings back so many memories

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 7 of 95