Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#201 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
We know that.

The question is the non-English sites that are reporting features that are not mentioned in there.

Drakron, see the person who asked for an English press release (and that I took the time to quote in my post). I'm not sure what's up with you but step it back just a teeny bit, please.

It doesn't surprise me that different features are being talked about in different countries. Certainly it's frustrating but think of the last two expacs - some things we thought were "true" turned out to not be quite so much once we had the game. Speculation is okay but getting all worked up over it is rather counterproductive.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 3:02 AM
OMG...loving the TS1 pictures. Brings me back
Forum Resident
#203 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:25 PM
This sounds amazing! The only problem I have is with the name. It's a bit, um, dull!
Inventor
#204 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:31 PM
I'm not concerned with the name so much, just hoping it turns out to be a worthwhile expansion lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Mad Poster
#205 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM
It could be titled jfrjjrjtrkgjfgtage for all I care. I just want the damn EP to function. As overly excited as I am about this theme, I'm not looking forward to the first major bug and having to wait over a month for the patch. That's really the only catch to The Sims games in my opinion.
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:26 PM
First major bug: Disco balls come to life and eat your Sims.
Mad Poster
#207 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:43 PM
Haha, right? I wouldn't be shocked, let's put it that way.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
First major bug: Disco balls come to life and eat your Sims.
Second major bug: Evil bartenders create deadly poisionous acid and cause Sims to explode. Oh wait, no that would be cool >:D

Could-be-depressing fact: New hot tubs are just clones of dive wells.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Test Subject
#209 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke
Isn't TS3 suppose to take place, 50 years before TS2.

I think so...
I noticed in Riverview that the Newbies son wants to find somewhere more "Pleasant".
Forum Resident
#210 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
If that does happen I will create vamps and make BuffySim kill them all.

I love you.
Forum Resident
#211 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:57 AM
So I guess there will be penthouses in this EP, but everyone seems to really want apartments too. What's the difference between penthouses and apartments??
Top Secret Researcher
#212 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:59 AM
Penthouse: Top apartment of a building. Possibly so that the rest of the building is unplayable
Apartment: Any size building with multiple apartments that you choose the size/interior of yourself

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Eminence Grise
#213 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:27 AM
A penthouse isn't necessarily an apartment, in the American sense... that is, a housing unit that is rented from a landlord, rather than owned outright.

It's just the top dwelling unit in a skyscraper, generally more desirable than the rest because of the view and therefore likely to be fancier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penthouse_apartment

In the context of the Sims 3, "having apartments" would imply being able to have more than one household on the same lot... only one of which is controlled at a time. Like in Sims 2 Apartment Life. And presumably also a landlord/rent arrangement.

So you could have a penthouse unit, but if that's the only habitable unit in the building, you don't have multi-family lots. That question has yet to be cleared up.
Field Researcher
#214 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:28 AM
YES PIANOS AND HOT TUBS!!! i am getting this EP for that reason only. and also cuz i never had nightlife or hot date.. but mainly for pianos and hot tubs. i can't believe they announced and released a video of the new EP already!
Test Subject
#215 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I found the below in the translated French article from jeuxvideo.com:

jeuxvideo.com> With the addition of professions night, will it be possible to combine jobs and work day and night?
If your group is quite famous concerts and earned the night, you should be able to provide these representations after your day job. You can also spend the night as mixologists after work.<

I guess that means we may be able to have to two jobs; I sure hope so, lol... I did try to link the original article, but it wouldn't work (it was a link to the translated version) It can be found on Simprograms, though...

Thank you! Our Sims need all the extra money they can get! I still do miss the Butler from Sims 2. That would be another great add to the game someone needs to clean up after the rich Sims besides the maid that stays there for 12 hours and never cleans anything.
Theorist
#216 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:20 AM
Hmm I'm thinking that these "careers" are really just skills that you can make money off of, like tattooing (but with a real skill), I remember that in TS2 you could go out at night and earn some extra bucks playing for tips or being a bartender, they weren't careers though

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#217 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHopeYouChoke:
Isn't TS3 suppose to take place, 50 years before TS2.

The storyline is most likely a reboot, which (only in case you didn't already know) means that the writers "restarted" the storyline or are starting all over, so to speak (I've done it with my novels). If that weren't the case, then we wouldn't have modern things in the game. The writers just decided to start over and have Mortimer and Bella as children because if the storyline had continued from Sims 2, they'd be dead from old age. And Lord knows that Mortimer and Bella are a must in the storyline, since they are probably the most popular characters. Plus, Kaylynn is now older than they are when, in reality, she is supposed to be younger according to the Sims 2 storyline. Fictional reboots are quite popular these days and have been for years. Just look at The Nightmare on Elm Street movie from 2010 or the forthcoming Spider Man movie (when it hasn't been a decade yet; stupid, I know). Those are decent examples of reboots. I hope this clears things up.
Banned
#218 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:35 AM
Saying something is "most likely" something is not clearing a single thing up, all it does is confuse things.

It is not a reboot. Kaylynn is one of only a few inconsistencies that is explained by the supernatural. Don Lothario exists exactly as he did in The Sims 2 due to magic time travel. Who is to say that Kaylynn did not experience something similar?

They took specific effort to tie the games together. They did not abandon everything and start over. They even went so far as to make the Simbots outdated and clunky servo prototypes.

The reason technology matching or better than the other games exists is called the "rule of fun", which states that developers should not be complete idiots if it means it won't be fun. That is to say that they kept that stuff despite the game being 50 years prior because the game would be a little stupid if it didn't have flat screen TVs and laptops and cell phones.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#219 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:52 AM
Well, if you want an explanation for the Kaylynn discrepancy, I point out two points:
1. The Kaylynn in TS2 has no fambly tree. There is therefore no way to know that it is the SAME Kaylynn.
2. The Kaylynn in TS3 is old enough to be her mother, really.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#220 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:49 AM
Yeah it's possible for 2 people to have the same name/look alike/have a similar personality but since it's something that was planned by EA then it's definitely the same Kaylynn, don't read too much into it....

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:06 AM
Apparently they are trying to somewhat merge Nightlife and Apartment Life into one expansion. Most likely the apartment/penthouse part of the expansion won't be nearly as fleshed out as it was in TS2, but it's still a step in the right direction.

This ep actually sounds very familiar to the Urbz: Sims in the City, which had penthouses, nightclubs, bouncers, rep etc.
Test Subject
#222 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:30 PM
I'm hoping it's not too much like apartment life. I'm sorry but I couldn't STAND the "groups" In TS2 Apartment Life. They were all over-exaggerated. I just wanted normal people. Aren't real city people normal? I've never walked through Manhatten and seen a bunch of people wearing futuristic jumpsuits.

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
...well, you were too, yeah. i guess we both were. okay.
Instructor
#223 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
Most likely the apartment/penthouse part of the expansion won't be nearly as fleshed out as it was in TS2, but it's still a step in the right direction.

I agree. If they were going to add fully-functional apartments, they'd market from that angle, knowing so many people want them. Just have to keep on waiting, I guess
Theorist
#224 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:42 PM
Well actually to me it seems like a combination of AL, NL/HD and SS (That is if we actually get apartments and not just penthouses)

Hi I'm Paul!
Top Secret Researcher
#225 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:09 PM
But if they halfway make apartments this expansion, will they then bother to make a full expansion to it later? I'm just worried if they might give us penthouses and think that's okay and not develop it further in the future

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 9 of 95