Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Vehicles / No Moveobjects needed for Cars *Updated for EP*

by Petreak Posted 10th Nov 2004 at 9:33 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 6:57 PM by -Maylin-

132 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petreak
Thanks calakarad for doing all the testing on the cars.
I updated the first message in this thread with your .zip file attached to it and added the updated info.

No problem.

Something else to consider
One thing that is a bit annoying is that sims tend to walk through the cars. I know that this is because it is based on a vase and only takes up one tile, therefore if anyone could make these take up the full grid of tiles that would be great (hint, hint).
However I do have a workaround, if you too are fed up with sims walking through the cars, there is an invisible fence by Wes_h that you can put around the car which prevents them from walking though it. This fence is in the recombinantfences.zip by Wes_h found here http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33504
Download and extract the files to your downloads folder. The fence shows up in fences with a "no pic" icon.
#27 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:43 PM
When I had installed them, well, I didn't have crashes but lockups! I can't select the icon even I only installed ONE sportscar.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by family2005
When I had installed them, well, I didn't have crashes but lockups! I can't select the icon even I only installed ONE sportscar.

Which sportscar? Red, Yellow or Blue!
What do you mean by it locks up, is it just a temporary freeze?
Did I read correctly that you only put this one in your downloads folder?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 11:58 PM Last edited by calakarad : 14th Mar 2005 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Zip moved
Using the vehicles on community lots

Just realised that you will need the community vehicles collection in order to use these vehicles on community lots, so here it is.

Extract the CommunityVehicles.package from the zip to your collections folder.
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections

*** zip file moved to Petreak's original post at the start of this thread ***
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:17 AM
Just a caution here, when I installed them the taxi would not show up at the University to take my sim to a community lot. Removed them and taxi would once again show up. It's sure a bummer that it is so difficult to get working cars.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kasta
Just a caution here, when I installed them the taxi would not show up at the University to take my sim to a community lot. Removed them and taxi would once again show up. It's sure a bummer that it is so difficult to get working cars.

Sorry to hear you had a problem, I don't quite understand why this has happened, any further info on what you exactly did may help, we have been testing them with Sims 2 on four computers since the end of January without any crashes or conflicts and then for a week with university on two different computer systems here, again without any crashes or conflicts. Basically the taxi not showing would be down to a conflict, but this could be down to a multiple conflict which is activated by another hack/hacked object maybe! If you can give as much info as possible, including any hacks you have installed, then I will do further testing.
Test Subject
#32 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 5:05 AM
ill be glad when i can get a ufo that is university compatible since i like aliens in my game and it would be nice to have a ufo. that doesnt kill my sims.
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:18 PM Last edited by cassie10 : 14th Mar 2005 at 6:26 PM. Reason: keyboard error LOL
Just like to say thanks to Calakarad and Petreak for all your hard work in testing these cars. All my vehicles work well and i have no car pool problems at all, Excellent work.

Thanks again

Cassie
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 9:47 PM
Thanks, I am glad they work for you cassie10.

As Calakarad said, I think the cars might be conflicting with another mod or hack. I have very few mods or hacks installed and my Taxi comes and my carpool works. If everyone having problems can tell us what mods they have installed, maybe we can find the conflict and try to fix it.
The original message in this thread has been updated to include the community collection file from Calakarad.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 12:38 PM
I cloned the Delivery truck and made a new texture file for it. I can't get recolors to work on my vehicles. The clone was my experiment at re-colors. I also found out a way to make all the vehicles show up on the community lots without having to use the collections. I'll update the vehicles and put them up as soon as I can. Until then, here is a picture of the new Delivery Truck. Tell me what you think about it. I will upload it when I finish the other vehicles and include it with them. I tested it and the regular delivery truck shows up with my new truck on the lot. Also the carpool and Taxi's work with it.
Ok, enough talking, here's the picture. What do you think?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#36 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 4:47 AM
petreak, I think your cloned delivery truck looks super. I'd love to ba able to do recolors for some of the cars. I'm surprised that some of the mesh makers here on MTS2 have not worked on this as there are so many folks wanting cars. I'm going to check out your cars for my trashed lot that I want to rebuild. Thank you for making cars that don't conflict with University and good luck with your car cloning!
Instructor
#37 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 4:54 AM
which helecopter doesnt work cuz i like them
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 8:35 AM
I think it's both helicopters that don't work. Just don't know why that is, I like them as well. I guess you could use them for a movie or something, then uninstall them. Don't know.

Sorry for the delay in posting the updates and the new Delivery truck. My Apartment got robbed friday night, so I have not been able to work on the cars yet. Maybe sometime this week.

If somone can get the vehicles so they can be recolored, I would appreciate it. I had to make a whole new version of the Delivery truck to change the textures for it.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 4:16 PM Last edited by calakarad : 22nd Mar 2005 at 4:24 PM. Reason: can't spell
Quote: Originally posted by Petreak
I think it's both helicopters that don't work. Just don't know why that is, I like them as well. I guess you could use them for a movie or something, then uninstall them. Don't know.

Sorry for the delay in posting the updates and the new Delivery truck. My Apartment got robbed friday night, so I have not been able to work on the cars yet. Maybe sometime this week.

If somone can get the vehicles so they can be recolored, I would appreciate it. I had to make a whole new version of the Delivery truck to change the textures for it.

Sorry to hear about your robbery, I know what you must be going through as my house was broken into three times last year, so don't worry about the delay with the delivery truck.

On the subject of helicopters, I was only aware of one in your package, I know there are two and that wintermuteai1 included both in his package but I have not fully tested his vehicles, I didn't like the hacks attached or the fact that moveobjects cheat was required.

Now I have a bit more spare time, well until June, I have decided to look into modding Sims 2 and will look at making the vehicles recolourable. I have not done any modding with the sims before apart from looking at your cars, which was only because my wife nagged me to, so it may take me a while to get to grips with it. I'll keep you informed of any developments I make on the cars.
#40 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 10:55 PM
Your cars rock!I'll finally be able to have cars, what a releif!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:52 AM
Petreak, I think the problem with recolors is that Material Definition and Material Override are needed. Your original cars do not have either of these! On recloning the cars I still didn't get the material override and not quite sure how to add it! It's probably not that hard to do but I'm affraid I got a bit distracted and involved with something else. I will look into it further as soon as I have a spare moment, that's if you or someone else doesn't manage to sort it before then. I hope this info was helpful!
#42 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 4:58 PM
I havent realy gotton involved with the sims 2 .(a big simcity fan)
But I like cars on the lot as well and found that other guys car files with the death touch and of corse this was very bad .so I downloaded that program (simply)? and delited all the death touches from the fancy yellow sports car then put it into the game and it worked just fine .
the point is mabby using his way of putting the cars in game and not including the death touch is the way to go on this .
Like i say im not realy into sims 2 game and modding it is a nightmare compaired to simcity .I only tryed that on the one car but it did work with no more death touch. so anyone with the time can remod the other guys file fairly easly and you can have the missing cars back .
ps on the other hand a combo would work as well if theres only three that dont work right with this mod then take thous and use the other guys with the death touch delited.
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:07 AM
what program is simply xcalbier. Where do i get it. I really want to be able to have the ufo. thats the only one i want other then the ones on this thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:13 AM
Ok, the vehicles have been updated. Check the first post for the update info and the new .zip file. Now you no longer need the collection file to find the vehicles under the Community lots. Also, the cars sort different now, they are under Decorative, Miscellaneous.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 10:58 AM
Awesome work thnk u
Field Researcher
#46 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 4:06 PM
Alright, now I can burn the nannymobile as many times as I want!
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 11:32 AM
yea nice.. ^^ :howdy:
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd May 2005 at 5:42 PM
Tanks man me downloading right now hope ya macke more
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd May 2005 at 7:48 PM
Heyas,

Nice, works great, already have them on commercial and residental lots. Good stuff.

Having read the other thread about cars, I am wondering if you plan on releasing the helos and limo 'hacked' with their functions off so they don't interfere with the cabs and carpool??? I desperately would like to have a heli-port, a helo on the roof of several different buildings, and limos at some of my lots too.
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th May 2005 at 10:10 PM
Do you think you could make a red 57 Chevy Bel-air with a white top.
Page 2 of 6