Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated and operatable forcefield (as seen on Star Trek)

by xanathon Posted 8th Mar 2006 at 6:19 PM - Updated 29th Jan 2009 at 2:55 PM by -Maylin-

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Inventor
#26 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 9:07 PM
Forum Resident
#27 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 9:20 PM
could you do one as wall-window recolour? That would be awesome as I made a clone of Inge's prison doors to use numenor's fake door mesh and I currently just use red or blue colours for the forcefieds I lock my prisoners up with.

If not, would you allow me to do it (crediting you if publishing)?
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 2:54 PM
Wow
That's amazing. Awesome idea! cheers
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 5:31 PM
Your Sci-Fi uploads are definitely in my favourite lists...
Thanks...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:39 PM Last edited by Cyron : 7th Apr 2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Yes I read but...
Wow I just discovered this gem but one question about it: Now that we got OFB with lockable doors, can we also lock this one? You mentioned in your statement above that we can't but it was posted before the release of OFB.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:44 PM
i have downloaded all ur star trek stuff and i love it ..... thanx
Field Researcher
#32 Old 7th May 2006 at 1:19 PM
Wicked! Thanks alot :D

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 18th May 2006 at 4:37 PM
Cool, Was Thinking Of These The Other Day...Congrats!

Moo's Make The World Go Round.
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st May 2006 at 12:52 AM
Default Wooooh!!
You're so freakin' cool, Xanathon!
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th May 2006 at 10:54 AM
Placed infront of a door, my sims can NOT pass when active.

Placed in an archway, The sims walk through it as normal...

I would like to see the sims walk over to the "Control pad" and act like they are ringing up a customer to turn it on or off (1 minute game time)... When a sim, that lives there, needs to be able to "Auto disable, walk through, auto reinable" when they need to get through... Also a corner force field would be a nice addition to the set of fields.

(The Critic is almost silenced... )

After this, a Replicator, (as seen on star trek) Would be very nice... (breakable, repairable... Break levels, 1) burns food. 2) catches on fire. 3)sparks....) Wall mounted front panel display... food appears inside, single plate, or serving plater. (All foods to be available all the time, and second pack for those that like the tight scedual of specific meals for particular times of the day... Along with the "Make" and "Make Many" options for OFB.) Talk, sellect food. (Visitor usable option enabled)

(Think Tank Strikes again)

Let the light shine through.

Cool... They got the pets added...
Now all they have to do is add the Farms in Sims 2.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th May 2006 at 12:13 PM
Paladin made a replicator, you can get it at http://www.simwardrobe.com

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:01 AM
Hope you're still planning on getting this to work as a barrier! Also, if you do re-realease, could you try colors like blue, green, red and purple? ^^;;
Scholar
#38 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 10:02 PM
In the meantime, there are several invisible objects to place in the way...but you'd have to move them when you turn it off. D=
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 1:58 AM
You are Sci Fi god!! Thanks

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 12:42 AM
I found a glitche in ur force fields. i kno u alredy said that sims can walk thru it but they can only walk thru one side. just saying. but i still think they're awesum.

HALO ROCKS, MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:22 AM
WOAH!!! I can't believe it! You're AMAZING!
*neels*
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:31 AM
I know this may sound stupid but like I don't really understand how to make it "activate"?
Like I see it in my Electronics - Misc category, I press it and it's invisible and I place it in a gap in the wall but how exactly do I get it to do what it does in the screenshots?

Please help me! I really need this for my story and I'd appreciate it. Thanks, sorry for being a bother n_n.
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 8:17 AM
This is Great, but it may be just me but i can turn it on and then off but then after that it comes up with errors....but other than that its waaaay cool
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 3:23 PM
Hi love it!My ST sims are having a good time! (In the brig heh heh heh!)
I was wondering if u could do a green recoular for my borg sims?
Tanx X 100000000000000000000000000000000 !!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:58 AM
I was thinking, it might be cool over an invisible door (seen some of those around here someplace), and with the door locked (OFB, I think) when the field is active. Might be simpler than trying to mod the whole thing. Gonna try that out. Awesome item!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 4th May 2013 at 4:24 AM
Awesome! Not downloading -yet-(though I'll be waiting for the complete version, but have you thought about making it so you can block certain Sims from going through it?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 10:05 AM
Wow, I am in good company! I have never seen so much Star Trek items in one place since I went to the Sci Fi Convention in Little Rock. Don't ask when that was. I am loving every minute of it, now if I can find everything so I can get out of here.
Page 2 of 2