Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

10 New Gypsy Potions

by Smonaff Posted 6th Sep 2006 at 3:06 AM - Updated 25th Apr 2007 at 4:50 AM by Smonaff : Update for Main Controller and Anti-Jealousy

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Instructor
#26 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:31 PM
Brilliant idea, brilliant work Thanks!

Hey, wanna get rid of the PaySites once and for all?

Wanna join the Animal Army?
Give me credit and you can include/default/whatever my stuff - No Paysites!
- I always use skins from Enayla
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Fertility Potion lasts 16 hours
Virility Potion lasts 12 hours
Birth Control Potion lasts 24 hours
Anti-Jealousy Potion lasts 48 hours
Happy Potion lasts 12 hours
Fitness Potion lasts 12 hours
Energizer Potion lasts 12 hours
Smart Potion lasts 12 hours
Poison lasts 12 hours or until sim dies

a note on the poison:
There is a 3% chance every 15 minutes that a sim will die from the poison's effects.

Thank you so Much! I love the potions

Strangers Are Just Friends waiting to happen =]
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 2:56 AM
These are just wonderful, especially the jealousy one can come in very useful. Thank You!!!!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 5:59 AM
Very interesting.. Will have to give it a try...

Thank you for sharing,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:03 PM
no one has posted yet if this works with ofb ????

I think this is awesome work great job on but please could someone state if they used with ofb and it work or not????
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:25 PM
i saw that you said earlier that would make more if you had new ideas. Well, heres one for you if you dont mind. An reverse aging potion.
For example, lets say and elder sim was on his death bed but did not want to die because he has the family aspiration and he wanted 10 more children or 10 more grandchildren and wanted to eb alive to see them. He could either use the potion to rewind time back to the begining of being an elder or chosse to become an adult sim a teen sim or a child sim. I dont think it would be a good idea for him to become a toddler because it would be weird for him to be younger then his grandchildren.
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 6:29 PM
Default Great Idea!
Tested with The Sims 2 + Uni + NL + OFB +Holiday Pak + FFS + GS

Unfortunaitly this hack / mod does not work with the above installed. The game does not crash, and you can call the Gypsy just fine. You can purchase the default potions still, probably because those were not change by this mod, however when you purchase another potion your sims jumps to another spot a few feet where s/he was and is reset, almost like they were deleted and came back all in a flash. The purchased potion will not be in inventory and if your sim had another task s/he wanted to do like hugging another sim that is doing something i.e. playing the piano, that sim will also be reset. I tested this with just the basic installation on the Goth family in Pleasant villie. No other hacks were present during the testing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Smonaff : 7th Sep 2006 at 11:53 PM. Reason: more to add
Jake500:
Good Idea. A youth potion that would work like the elixir of life, but when make you an age level younger if taken when the days in current age are at minimum.
Feel free to post any more ideas you have.

samuelalien:
Thanks for testing it. When a sim behaves as you describe it is because an error has occured and the game has reset them. If you were playing with testing cheats on you would have seen a message describing the error and the option to cancel, reset or delete. If you could turn testing cheats on and see what the error is and then look in your logs folder and post the error log that relates to that error maybe I can see what is causing the error and be able to fix the problem.
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 2:21 AM
These work great! I love this. I would like an alien attraction potion that when you take it if you follow up with stargaze or telescope gets you abducted. Didn't like the telescope hacks. If it would work with Inteenimator that would be great! I have All the expansion pack and it works in mine okay.
Instructor
#35 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 3:11 AM
Is it necessary to install all of the potions for the hack to work, or can you just install those you want?
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 3:39 AM
morgeesmomof3:
That sounds good, but I may make it more like a bad luck potion that would increase the odds of bad things happening to a sim like death by satellite while watching clouds.

AmberDiceless:
You can install just the ones you want, but if you try to buy that potion from the gypsy you'll get an error since it won't be able to find an object that has the specified GUID. It would be easier to just not buy the ones you don't want.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 4:00 PM
Thank you smonaff, and since you did say feel free i have another idea. A zombiefying potion. For example, the sim will drink the potion and instntaniously become a zombie , which is a much better process then killing them of and having to bring back to life using the grim reaper phone because it takes along time to be able to unlock the phone if you dont use cheats or mods. Or instead of instantanious transformation it can be slow and painful where there motives just gradually decrease until max depletion, while this is happening there bodies can be changing slowly form sim to zombie and when fully transformed they can then restore there motives.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 7:39 PM
Darn, too bad these don't work with OFB
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 11:33 PM
Jake500:
I'll add it to the list.

BrightRedScream:
One person who has OFB pm'd me saying that it's working fine in their game. I need more people to test it, so I can be certain that it's compatible.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 2:57 AM
This has got to be one of the BEST modifications I've seen. I like the idea of these outcomes being temporary and not effecting the rest of the game play. EXCELLENT JOB! I'm also very happy to see you repost the no jealousy unless committed hack - I was about to go looking for that. Thanks so much for all of this! :D

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kev790
no one has posted yet if this works with ofb ????

I think this is awesome work great job on but please could someone state if they used with ofb and it work or not????

I have OFB and so far, so good. I've played it at two houses and the mod has worked as expected

(This really is one of the coolest mods yet - I've been waiting for a birth control option ever since I've installed a random chance of pregnancy. Having the two together is exactly what I wanted! Thank you!)

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 7:40 PM Last edited by morgeesmomof3 : 9th Sep 2006 at 7:43 PM. Reason: Forgot one
I have University, Nightlife, Ofb, FFs & Glamour. Works fine in mine.
Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:07 AM
I have Uni, NL, OFB and FFS installed (recently got Glamour but it wasn't installed when I used this mod) and I got an odd error combination after I installed this mod. One of my pregnant female sims reached the end of the pregnancy, but didn't give birth. She didn't freeze or anything, she just remained in the final pregnancy stage. The other problem I had was when one sim went to a mirror to change his appearance. The game suddenly threw up and error message and crashed.

I haven't had the chance to play in the last few days, but I'll see about reproducing the error in a better environment.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 1:22 PM
These are really good...I look forward to trying them out in my game
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:52 PM
Default Thanks!
You really make awesome stuff! Thank you so much for your effort! :D
Field Researcher
#46 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 7:10 PM Last edited by TheSims2Fever198 : 11th Sep 2006 at 7:17 PM.
I love this to death, Finally I can make a better apoticeary.Thanx so much, Love it...........
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:31 PM
It is working fine with ofb so far - I love them, thank you!

One question though - would it be possible to... change them, so that I could put them on the - uhm, stock shelfes (?) in the stores and buy them in that area as well?

Sorry about the bad english - hehe
Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 1:33 PM
Check out Numenor's Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves . From reading the description it's sounds like it will do what you are asking, I don't have OFB so I have no way of testing it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 2:15 PM
Ohh ok - thanks a million for your help Smonaff!
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:14 AM
Cool! You should make a healing potion, that cures any disease

I WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!! OR DIE TRYING!!!
Page 2 of 8