Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Learned Behaviour" cheat object - *UPD 01 NOV 06*

by Numenor Posted 21st Oct 2006 at 3:48 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:27 AM by Numenor : Fixed icon, mesh and placement + Menu translated in Italian and German

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:31 AM Last edited by Numenor : 27th Oct 2006 at 12:14 AM.
Default Thread Update!
-------------------------------------------------------------
26 OCT 2006 - UPDATE & FIX
Now the cheat object has its own catalog icon,
it's visible in every Pets game (no other EP required)
and can be placed on ground, tables, counters.

Also, the menu has been translated in Italian (Thanks to MaryLou )

*** PLEASE REDOWNLOAD ***

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 12:02 PM
this is great, thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for this Numenor, by the way love that bottom line statement.

~ Sam ~
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:32 PM
thanks numenor! i know this object helped all my friends have top dogs but do you have any idea why the pigeon wont turn up in my game? i downloaded it and put it in the right file but its nowhere in my game, its not in misc/misc. do you think it might be because, in my game thr pigeon wont turn up even when i spawn it using boolprop?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:35 PM
Brokeback Mountain, if the pigeon doesn't appear in your game even using the "Spawn..." option, there's something wrong with your game. Of course the missing object from the catalog is related to the missing "Spawned" pigeon.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 1:37 PM
I love objects like this Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 2:07 PM
I have a problem with this object. I only used/have the updated object. But if i put the object into my download folder, and i use this object during the game. It is working perfectly Except one BIG thing..

The text (from hunger, bladder ect) is GONE and some other information is English too! I have the Dutch sims version installed, UNiversity, Nightlife, Business, Glamorous and Pets. So this object is killing my game :S:S
Instructor
#33 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I am fully aware that the same results granted by this object can be obtained just using the testing cheats. The first user that tells me this, will be warned for not having connected the brain before activating the mouth

*tryandresisttellingyou*
Erm, isn't it in this case more a problem with activating the fingers?

My brain seems to be out of order - I tried to create a German translation (actually just during a break to avoid doing important stuff), translation is finished (updated Catalog Description, Pie Menu Strings, Text Lists: MakeActionString prim string set and Dialog prim string set), even remembered to save it in my DL- folder, German language is my default but it doesn't work, still English Catalog description and pie menu... anyway, are you interested in a not working but nevertheless completed additional language support? Cannot upload anywhere (copyright :D) and I don't want to write another PM but you can answer if you're interested... maybe brain reboots and I even find the mistake...

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 3:15 PM
Eline_moi - This cheat object (the updated version) is an entirely autonomous object, it can't override or change anything in your game. The routines used by the object are the same used by the original object created using the testing cheats.
Are you really sure that your problem is related to this object? Removing it from the Downloads fixes everything?

Khaibit - Please, post your package here, or send it by email; I can't guess why it shouldn't work, you seem to have done everything perfectly...

Instructor
#35 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 9:27 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:20 AM.
Khaibit - Please, post your package here...

Ehmmm... *thinking*
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
This policy applies to ALL my creations, unless otherwise stated on the download thread.
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.

Me couldn't resist neither!
This time you wanted to test me, didn't you? I So I suppose I fail the test, here it is... still not working (guess I'm blind or stupid... maybe both :D) so obviously I didn't do it perfectly An early round of applause?!

Removed :D

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Numenor : 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:20 AM.
LOL! You got my permission, right? What you need, a contract signed with the blood?

OK, I've downloaded it. Now you can remove the attachment, so any proof of your sin will be wiped away!

EDIT: If there is an error, it's in your game, not in this package
I had to start the game in German to test it! But the result is good, at least for German-speaking people

I'm putting it for download from the first post.

PS - Check in your Registry, HK_Local_Machine/Software/EA Games/The Sims 2 Pets/1.0: look at the value for "Language (REG_DWORD)", is it 0x000003?
Screenshots

Instructor
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Khaibit : 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:20 AM.
LOL! You got my permission, right? What you need, a contract signed with the blood?

Depends on... can we take yours? I always faint when I see my own blood... others can even bleed to death and I'm fine... *evil*
OK, I've downloaded it. Now you can remove the attachment, so any proof of your sin will be wiped away!

Because noone will be able to find hints that I'm a sinner hidden in someone else's posts?

If there is an error, it's in your game, not in this package
I had to start the game in German to test it! But the result is good, at least for German-speaking people

So far my game and me are disturbed... Calms me a lot that maybe a Japanese, Australian or Norwegian probably wouldn't see the German translation neither...
Hopefully you didn't feel the need to put a towel onto a beach couch...

Check in your Registry, HK_Local_Machine/Software/EA Games/The Sims 2 Pets/1.0: look at the value for "Language (REG_DWORD)", is it 0x000003?

You expected that I'd know a) what you're talking about and b) how to open the registery ...because I made it to confuse you a little you wanted to try fencing back, right? Didn't work!
Serious: Of course I knew what you mean but it's set 0x000003... and no, I do not want to turn the remote desktop on, thanks

This is a good example of synthesis vs analysis... both failed so far... though analysis seems to be the better choice in this case :D

Edit: Just remembered: when looking for the mistake and investigating your package after finishing the translation the referring BHAV stuff was displayed in German - does this help you somehow? Even the QA-SimPe works correctly... :D

Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:19 AM
hi numenor i really apperciate all your hard work you put into making your objects and mods but i have put in the cheat boolprop control pets on and then chose my pet and i still can't seem to get it to work is there something i'm doing wrong thank you again
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:59 AM
Khaibit - SimPE displays things in the language selected in its preferences, that may differ from the game/Windows language.
I have Windows in Italian, and the game in US English; and still SimPE, by default, selects the Italian language (until I change it manually).

Tinagrace - You mean that when you select the pet and then click on the object, you don't see any menu?

Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:20 AM Last edited by tinagrace : 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:51 AM.
hi numenor when ever i put in the cheat boolprop control pets on i always get a error.am i not putting it in right?is there a certain way to put it in/ sorry if this is a silly question.thanks
Instructor
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:46 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Khaibit - SimPE displays things in the language selected in its preferences, that may differ from the game/Windows language.

Yes, so far my SimPE displayed everything which was adjustable in German but when I tried to change the language it didn't work, ignored it's own preferences (even "rebooted" between taking a look if it changed it's mind :D) at all, ignored my changes, just went on using the German display.
I mean the BHAV- how do you call these blocks displaying which Opcode, Operands, Targets etc. you set? I mean them, not the Resource List (need a screenshot to fix the communication bugs? ).
It was the very first time that these blocks showed the BHAV entries themselves in German. When I changed the pie menu of my own package (= English and German too, Italian missing these block thingys still showed English (default, too) texts of the pie menu.

So (try to express myself easier to follow my mind :D) as
1. my game shows a 'strange' language displaying behaviour
2. my SimPE QA t and u show a 'strange' language displaying behaviour
3. my AntiVir didn't found any virus/worm/trojan (except this Milkshape 'fake worm error' which finally could be fixed)

I tried thinking:
1. As I removed most of my DLs I can't test much but good luck one of Solander's meshes was still in the game - showing German language (unfortunately I dunno if it could show English, too), like Maxis stuff, the game itself etc. everything is just fine except your cheat object as I can say
2. as I was unsure if I found a bug I didn't report immediately in the QA forum because well, an error log would have been clear to me and I always keep the *I am stupid* factor in mind... but game and SimPE become *stupid*, too Language setting troubles for both...
3. searched all HDDs as usual so I hope I can remove an infection from the list of possible reasons.

So
a) can you now understand why I told you about my SimPE behaviour?
b) an idea? Maybe even if it's possible that it's just another QA bug - it cannot be caused by your package (working for you). I really don't know - but as the ingame behaviour just happens with this object I thought that -at least - this would be the right corner to report... :D

Ah yes: feel free to tell me how stupid I am :D

Instructor
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tinagrace
cheat boolprop control pets on

Maybe I can help you out: enter the cheat itself as one word, like displayed here

boolprop controlpets on

and it works

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:05 PM
Khaibit, I'm not sure what you mean, but I have a hint for you: SimPE is compiled in both English and German (no other languages), and sometimes Quaxi, when releasing the QA versions, forgets to enable the English modules. So, you see some parts of SimPE in German.
It's not related to the language you set in the preferences.

From the preferences, you can set the language for displaying the package content, like the catalog description ets. But if you find a SimPE menu in German and another one in English, Quaxi's hurry is to blame

Instructor
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Khaibit : 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:56 PM.
Edit:
Whatever these problems causes, it happens only to this package I did a test renaming with one of my favourits (actually not necessary but I wanted to check if this strange behaviour (error) appears again... NO! : As I said, not necessary so decide if you want it or not...

Hmm, is it a bug I should report to Quaxi or is there a bug in your package?

Noticed in the screenshot that I included English typing of 'glass' into my translation *blush*
Screenshots

Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrace
cheat boolprop control pets on

Maybe I can help you out: enter the cheat itself as one word, like displayed here

boolprop controlpets on

hi Khabit thank you for helping me that was the problem i wasn't putting the cheat in right
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 11:55 PM
numenor,
honestly...
i expect nothing but the best from you

thanks!

the problem with love, is that it lives in a book now
the problem with drugs is that theyre too effing good now the problem with logic is theres too many loopholes
and the problem with truth is that it's usually brutal
the problem is I can't trust most of what I see.The problem must be me.
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:07 AM
Thank you, kind sir. *rolls eyes*

I was hoping someone would post this. I expect nothing less from you.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 12:00 AM
But the same results granted by this object can be obtained just using the testing cheats.

Thanks anyway ;-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 12:29 AM
Corvi! I didn't expect that you would win the prize!

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor, from the first post
Bottom line
I am fully aware that the same results granted by this object can be obtained just using the testing cheats. The first user that tells me this, will be warned for not having connected the brain before activating the mouth

So, my dear Corvi, you are warned!

PS: any news regarding the BaseGameStarter? Have I missed a PM of yours?

Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:25 AM
Corvi! I didn't expect that you would win the prize!

So, my dear Corvi, you are warned!

PS: any news regarding the BaseGameStarter? Have I missed a PM of yours?

I knew i should have read to the end of the post but something kept me from doing so, the prize maybe ?

(I have just tested basegamestarter and it works perfectly! ( sorry i didn't have time to test earlier that doesn't mean i don't appreciate the fact that you made it corvi compatible ) I'm actually pretty excited! No more bat files editing yay! And i didn't mess it up this time lolAnd i see some new cool changes also.

Thank you ( it's a simple word but i mean it)

Corvi

You will find my older and newest creations here
Page 2 of 4